FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBrian May recording with Tangerine Dream

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2013 at 18:22
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

The pink years were awesome and groundbreaking, but a lot of TD's 80's work is incredible as well. Don't discount that era of their work. It would be a shame to do so.

Yes Progbethyname. Those years were indeed filled with many great compositions but it was a noted shift towards shorter more 'accessible works', for lack of a better word. Many were film soundtracks released as Albums.
But it was quite the change from "Atem' , 'Cherokee Lane', ' 3am at The Border Of The Marsh...' 'Bent Cold Sidewalk'

Not sure how much the record co. had a hand in all that...
I have heard tales of TD doing releases to fulfill Lp quotas in order to get out of contracts.

I
do love Firestarter- a classic, Thief, LeParc, White Eagle, Exit
After that line up changes growing from 3 to 5, 6 ,7  band members is when I started to lose interest.
With respect though for Edgar, nothing can stay the same. It gets old if it does.
But that early time period was in my formative musical years and I treasure the TD of then.

Edited by sturoc - June 07 2013 at 18:24
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2013 at 22:11
Originally posted by sturoc sturoc wrote:

Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

The pink years were awesome and groundbreaking, but a lot of TD's 80's work is incredible as well. Don't discount that era of their work. It would be a shame to do so.
Yes Progbethyname. Those years were indeed filled with many great compositions but it was a noted shift towards shorter more 'accessible works', for lack of a better word. Many were film soundtracks released as Albums. But it was quite the change from "Atem' , 'Cherokee Lane', ' 3am <span ="st"="">at The Border Of The Marsh...' </span>'Bent Cold Sidewalk'Not sure how much the record co. had a hand in all that...I have heard tales of TD doing releases to fulfill Lp quotas in order to get out of contracts.<span ="st"="">I</span> do love Firestarter- a classic, Thief, LeParc, White Eagle, ExitAfter that line up changes growing from 3 to 5, 6 ,7  band members is when I started to lose interest.With respect though for Edgar, nothing can stay the same. It gets old if it does.But that early time period was in my formative musical years and I treasure the TD of then.

Yup. The exodus of Peter Bauman really shifted Td sound to a more accessible nature, in
Large part for the band doing film scores. I even love the movie score for LEGEND. Guilty pleasure. Lol
Anyway. Agree with a lot of what you said and for me HYPERBOREA will always stand the test of time. Still in love with that BLUE YEAR masterpiece. :)
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12