FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedR.I.P. "Prog Dome" website

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: R.I.P. "Prog Dome" website
    Posted: April 15 2011 at 14:50

I’ve just received a reply to an email I sent to the owner of the excellent Prog Video site 'Prog Dome' enquiring about its future as the site had been down for a few days. Sadly my fears were confirmed as he said:

‘’ Prog Dome will no longer exist. I couldn't keep up with the updates and I was unable to interest enough people or create a community to keep me going. Basically the site was dead, there wasn't enough hits to encourage me to keep going.’’

This is very sad news as it was the best Prog Video site with loads of documentaries and each Prog sub genre had its own category filled with videos. I have a feeling not many people knew about it and I wish now I posted a tread promoting it here in the ‘Get the Word Out’ section but I figured it was popular and there was no need. How wrong I was.

There were so many videos I was meaning download there but now I’ll never get the chance. It’s a terrible loss to the Prog Community.

Edited by Adams Bolero - April 15 2011 at 14:53
''Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.''

- Albert Camus
Chris S View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2011 at 14:59
Originally posted by Adams Bolero Adams Bolero wrote:

I’ve just received a reply to an email I sent to the owner of the excellent Prog Video site 'Prog Dome' enquiring about its future as the site had been down for a few days. Sadly my fears were confirmed as he said:

‘’ Prog Dome will no longer exist. I couldn't keep up with the updates and I was unable to interest enough people or create a community to keep me going. Basically the site was dead, there wasn't enough hits to encourage me to keep going.’’

This is very sad news as it was the best Prog Video site with loads of documentaries and each Prog sub genre had its own category filled with videos. I have a feeling not many people knew about it and I wish now I posted a tread promoting it here in the ‘Get the Word Out’ section but I figured it was popular and there was no need. How wrong I was.

There were so many videos I was meaning download there but now I’ll never get the chance. It’s a terrible loss to the Prog Community.

Wouldn't it be terrible if that happned to PA one day or wikipedia.....I guess everyhting we put otthere on the www is not under our control and could be snuffed out in a wink. Sorry to hear about prog dome.
<font color=Brown>Music - The Sound Librarian

...As I venture through the slipstream, between the viaducts in your dreams...[/COLOR]
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2011 at 15:11
Sounds like an illegal filesharing site (?)
Adams Bolero View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2011 at 15:18
Originally posted by harmonium.ro harmonium.ro wrote:

Sounds like an illegal filesharing site (?)

No it wasn’t. When I said download I meant I would download the videos to real player. It was a video streaming website like YouTube.

Edited by Adams Bolero - April 15 2011 at 15:21
''Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.''

- Albert Camus
darkshade View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2011 at 15:23
yea i didn't even know it existed
Prog_Traveller View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2011 at 21:41
This is like progfreaks all over again. Sigh.
 Post Reply Post Reply