Progarchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum SearchSearch  Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Fates warning vs Dream theater vs Queensryche

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Which band do you prefer more?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
7 [15.22%]
30 [65.22%]
9 [19.57%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Alitare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fates warning vs Dream theater vs Queensryche
    Posted: August 14 2011 at 20:49
Queensryche's one of my favorite bands, primarily for their Rage for Order-Warning-Mindcrime-Empire-Promised Land material. Nothing else really comes to mind when I think of them. 

I'd place Dream Theater and Fates Warning on the same level in my heart - great, technical, catchy (sometimes) powerish-prog metal inspired by Iron Maiden and Rush. Neither hit my heart. Neither blow my mind. Both entertain me at times.
He gave her his town house and his racing horses. Each meal she ate was a dozen courses. She had a million dollars worth of nickels and dimes. She sat around and counted them all a million times.
NickHall View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote NickHall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2011 at 17:29
Dream Theater
Denisthemenace11 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie (< 5 posts)
Forum Newbie (< 5 posts)

Post Options Post Options   Quote Denisthemenace11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2011 at 23:00
dream theater wins coz theyre more known.. i think
i vote for fates warning. theyre more interesting

Kashmir75 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kashmir75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2011 at 03:51
Dream Theater. It's not even close.
Hello, mirror. So glad to see you, my friend. It's been a while...
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Quote JJLehto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2011 at 04:52
We all know the obvious winner here, and the poll wasn't really needed to know it LOL

Much as it pains me though, I have to chuck another vote for DT. I don't know what it is...but Fates Warning never really sat well with me. I've listened and just not my cup o tea. Queensryche I like even less.

Though out of all the "classic" prog metal bands you missed one, the one which would get my real vote:

Psychotic Waltz!
"It's fine, luckily we're all English so no one will ask any questions. Thank you centuries of emotional repression."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12