Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRAGNAROK

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: RAGNAROK
    Posted: May 13 2004 at 23:24
Since they took my advice and got to upload something bout RRR (a great italian symphonic prog rock band), now I dare to make yet another suggestion. Rägnarok is an exquisite Swedish symphonic prog band which trend mostly compares to Anekdoten yet Änglagard somehow. Try getting their discography and I'd be great if you could upload some mp3's from this band in the site also, people are gonna love it!   Any swed prog fans in here? Lemme hear from you!
break the circle

reset my head

wake the sleepwalker

and i'll wake the dead
The Prognaut View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2004 at 02:41

Everybody:

I just wanted to let you know how grateful I am with you for uploading RAGNAROK and KYRIE ELEISON to the site. I know that there must be tons of suggestions and demands about posting up some other bands since all of them deserve a space in Prog Archives, but the bands are way too many and time to read all about them is as twice as much. So thanks again!

And since we’re in the same tune, I’d also like to recommend you guys MELLONTA TAUTA (an outstanding Italian band). I know that maybe at this point I appear to be such a pain in the butt by coming up with new bands every time I log on to the site, but I think of them every time they pop into my mind!

Thanx again crew!!!

Land

break the circle

reset my head

wake the sleepwalker

and i'll wake the dead
Marcelo View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2004 at 13:01
I'm a Swedish and italian ULTRA prog fan (the Mellotron sound blows my mind). I hope to have very soon the Ragnarok first album. 
The Prognaut View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2004 at 15:05

Originally posted by Marcelo Marcelo wrote:

I'm a Swedish and italian ULTRA prog fan (the Mellotron sound blows my mind). I hope to have very soon the Ragnarok first album. 

I think most of the Scandinavian prog rock releases are great! Maybe, at the time you snatch your first Ragnarök album you might as well would like to get something from Finnforest, a jazzy Finnish band which latest release was Lähto Matkalle in 1996, a great recording by the way…  And speaking of Swedish prog, do you know what ever happened to Landberk right after they released “Indian Summer” back in 1996?

I’m also a huge Italian symphonic prog fan, my favorite Italian album ever is somewhere in between Le Orme – “Felona e Sorona”, Il Balleto Di Bronzo – “YS” and PFM – “Per Un Amico” what’s your favorite one Marcelo? And well, maybe it’s got nothing to do with it, but aside Italian symphonic prog, I just enjoy listening to neo progressive Italian bands such as Tale Cue that despite their only release (“Voices beyond my curtain”) I think of them as huge musicians clearly influenced by Pink Floyd and Genesis (even ELP) have you listened to them? And what do you think of their music?

Regards from Mexico,

Land

break the circle

reset my head

wake the sleepwalker

and i'll wake the dead
Marcelo View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2004 at 10:33

Well, I have both Finnforest albums and, altough I'm not a jazzy-fusion style huge fan, I find these very nice releases. About Landberk, I don't know what happened, but it's better they disappear instead they would follow the Anekdoten's Gravity steps ...

But Italian music is very special. Despite I don't like Ys (yes, I know, everybody loves it but I tried and I can't, see my review  ), my all times favorites are Museo Rosenbach's Zarathustra, Le Orme's Felona E Sorona, Metamorfosi's Inferno, Allusa Fallax's In Torno alla Mia... and Murple's Io Sono Murple (there are many other masterpieces, you know, too long list -luckyly- to post ). I don't hear Tale Cue yet, but there are many really good neo Italian bands I enjoy: Mainly Nuova Era (great!) and La Torre dell'Alchimista, Taproban, Cooperativa Del Latte, Sacka, Armonite and, of course, the two well known CAP and Il Castello di Atlante, among others. Do you know them?

When you have any recommendation, please post it, about Scandinavia and Italy everything is welcome!    

P.S.: I must posted it in Spanish   .

Post Reply Post Reply