Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRPI: Ballettirosadimacchia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: RPI: Ballettirosadimacchia
    Posted: May 15 2011 at 02:43

ItalianProg:
Little is known about this mysterious group, whose only good album has never been reissued on CD and often changed hands for incredible prices before people started to realise it's not a real italian 70's rarity. Even the year of recording is uncertain. Some say it is from 1974-75, and for this reason it's included here, but it seems more likely that it is from the mid 80's.
The album was printed in Canada with a german producer, the music is good organ and mellotron-led prog sung in italian with a strong foreign accent and often incomprehensible lyrics: this is almost certainly a foreign group, probably japanese, playing under fake italian names, and even the incredibly high number of errors in the cover notes and lyrics confirms this impression.
The line-up mentioned on the cover includes Tonino Leo Ucchi (vocals, bass, acoustic guitar, flute, keyboards), Antonio Sassada (guitar), Gianni Mazzi (keyboards) and Marcello Taddeo Matteotti (drums, percussion, keyboards).
 tracklist:

01 - Ascolta! 1:28
02 - Sandiego 4:55
03 - Altre Guei Colli 5:30
04 - E Tutto un Sogno 6:22
05 - Interludio 2:29
06 - Oggi 5:28
07 - Dalla Mattina al Pomeriggio 1:18
08 - Suono 3:45
09 - Se ti Piace 7:18

Harry Hood View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2011 at 03:44
How sublimely fascinating. I love things like this. These bizarre little corners of humanity. These untraceable snippets of time. A group of people got together at some point and recorded this, and that's all we really know. Makes you want to get inside their heads and wonder what was going on during the whole process. It's so inspirational in such a beautifully strange way.

And the music seems incredibly deep and involved for something of this nature. I am no expert on Itallian prog (have a couple Le Orme and PFM albums and that's about it), but it seems like they really put some effort into capturing the styles and sounds of that era. If this was recorded in the 80's I can't hear a single trace of it in the music.

And I like the theory that the musicians were Japanese. Even though there isn't any actual evidence to support this, if you look at the titles/names of musicians, there's a lot of (unintentional?) Japanese language elements that snuck their way in. Words like "Sassada" and "Ucchi"  and "Suono" roll off the tongue in a very Japanese way.
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2011 at 15:50
I'll drop a note in the RPI thread. Thanks for the suggestion Smile
Luca Pacchiarini View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2011 at 16:09
Lol at the italian mispellings in the titles...

did they really thought they were getting away with it? ahahah... quite good music though, have to admit.
 Post Reply Post Reply