Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBlackfield Shows Cancelled

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blackfield Shows Cancelled
    Posted: May 24 2011 at 02:53
This from Steve Wilson

In a few hours I will be getting on a plane to return to the UK, where my dear father passed away earlier today. I need to be with my family at this time, and for my Dad's funeral. Unfortunately that means that several Blackfield shows in North America are cancelled, starting with tomorrow's show in Toronto.

Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago and Vancouver are all also definitely cancelled. My apologies to all those who bought tickets or made travel arrangements to come to these concerts, I hate doing this, but the circumstances are exceptional. As soon as I know when the tour can resume I will let you know.

Edited by Tony R - May 24 2011 at 03:10
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2011 at 03:00
Sincere condolences to Steve, a sad time for him.
The Willow Farmer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2011 at 15:29

The loss of a family member is always difficult. SW should take all the time he needs to be with his family and heal. They may never read this post, but I would like to offer Steven and his family my most sincere condolences. I hope we can all keep them in our thoughts during this emotional time.

Steven's music has helped me through some of the tougher periods in my life. In the coming weeks, I hope that he can find comfort in the support of his fans.

Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2011 at 17:20
We literally were about to walk out the door for the drive down to Toronto for the concert when my daughter got an e-mail from Ticketmaster on her phone telling her the concert was cancelled. Such a disappointment but i feel much worse for Steven and his family of course.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
ergaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2011 at 18:28
Originally posted by Mellotron Storm Mellotron Storm wrote:

We literally were about to walk out the door for the drive down to Toronto for the concert when my daughter got an e-mail from Ticketmaster on her phone telling her the concert was cancelled. Such a disappointment but i feel much worse for Steven and his family of course.

Yep, a couple of hours to go and I got the urge to check facebook and found out that way.  Damned shame.  He seemed awfully close to his family. 
We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Reality rules, Honor the truth
Chemist99a R.I.P.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2011 at 21:29
Originally posted by ergaster ergaster wrote:

Originally posted by Mellotron Storm Mellotron Storm wrote:

Yep, a couple of hours to go and I got the urge to check facebook and found out that way.  Damned shame.  He seemed awfully close to his family. 

I wonder how many people made the trip down only to find it cancelled? I must admit my enthusiasm was dampened last week when i heard Anathema would consist of only the two Cavanagh brothers playing acoustic guitar.

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
The Monodrone View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2011 at 23:04
What a terrible event. I hope Steven and his family are doing okay.

zvinki View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2011 at 10:52
My wife and I were at the concert in Montreal and were lucky to also catch the one in Paris 3 weeks before. After the concert in Montreal we both commented how the band did not have the same energy as they did in Paris and now we know why.

I was also disappointed that Anathema was acoustic with only the 2 brothers playing but they promised to be back before the end of the year with the whole band based upon the enthusiastic response that they had received from the North American crowd. We'll keep our fingers crossed.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2011 at 13:55
Originally posted by zvinki zvinki wrote:

My wife and I were at the concert in Montreal and were lucky to also catch the one in Paris 3 weeks before. After the concert in Montreal we both commented how the band did not have the same energy as they did in Paris and now we know why.

I was also disappointed that Anathema was acoustic with only the 2 brothers playing but they promised to be back before the end of the year with the whole band based upon the enthusiastic response that they had received from the North American crowd. We'll keep our fingers crossed.

I would love to see ANATHEMA and will be there if they come to Toronto.

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
 Post Reply Post Reply