Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRecommendations for Camel albums

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2012 at 18:28
Funny, I didn't really care that much for Breathless, in spite of Sinclair's contributions to the band.  I actually prefer I Can See Your House.  Of the Hoover-era my favorites are Rajaz, Dust and Dreams and Stationary Traveler.  
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?
Sumdeus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2012 at 18:55
I never bothered with anything past the first four albums. I've tried songs from different ones and it all seemed much more poppy and not good or interesting at all
Sumdeus - surreal space/psych/prog journeys
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2012 at 19:40
The first album I got was Mirage, and I feel it was a good album to begin with, though I still haven't got their debut. Also, perhaps "A Live album" would be a good point to start with, for you can get an overview of their early (and in general, most beloved) years, my only complaint with that album is that it doesn't feature "Lady Fantasy".
AlanB View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2013 at 09:22
Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

The first album I got was Mirage, and I feel it was a good album to begin with, though I still haven't got their debut. Also, perhaps "A Live album" would be a good point to start with, for you can get an overview of their early (and in general, most beloved) years, my only complaint with that album is that it doesn't feature "Lady Fantasy".

Are you sure? I have a vinyl copy of "A Live Album" from when it was first released and it has a killer version of Lady Fantasy on it. I'd be surprised if they'd missed that track off the CD version.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234