FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTangerine Dream "Zeit" and "Poland" Reissued

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tangerine Dream "Zeit" and "Poland" Reissued
    Posted: May 29 2011 at 12:21
Short version: Zeit reissue has a bonus disc with a 1972 concert. Poland is the two-disc version that's been so hard to find.

Wayside has the Zeit reissue as "coming soon." I don't know when these will be generally available.

TANGERINE DREAM: ZEIT (2CD - New 2011 Remaster - Stock # T1415827) Normally 2CD £15.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £13.99
Esoteric Recordings have announced the release of a Newly Remastered Edition of the classic album 'Zeit' by Tangerine Dream. Released in August 1972 on the OHR label in Germany, 'Zeit' was recorded at the Dierks Studio near Cologne and also featured a guest appearance by Florian Fricke of Popol Vuh. One of the group s finest early albums, 'Zeit' was enthusiastically championed in the UK by the late John Peel, and was a major breakthrough for Tangerine Dream.
This Newly Remastered Edition includes a Previously Unreleased Bonus CD of Tangerine Dream's legendary Klangwaldt performance recorded in Cologne in November 1972, and also fully restores the entire unedited double LP version to Compact Disc and includes a Lavishly Illustrated Deluxe Booklet with New Essay.
Track List - Disc 1 [Zeit - The Original Album]:
01. Birth Of Liquid Plejades
02. Nebulous Dawn
03. Origin Of Supernatural Probabilities
04. Zeit
Track List - Disc 2 [The Klangwaldt Performance - Cologne November 1972)
01. Klangwaldt - Part One
02. Klangwaldt - Part Two

We have to inform you that there are also plans to issue 'Zeit' as a Limited Edition Collectors Boxed Set that will contain the 2CD set (as above), a Double LP pressed Blue Vinyl of the same in a Gate-Fold Sleeve with copy of Original Insert, plus a 7" x 7" Book and Various Postcards Cards etc.
This should happen around June 2011, but the price will be at least £50 + Shipping.
If you are interested, then please let us know a.s.a.p.
These boxed sets will be limited to just 1000 copies worldwide.

TANGERINE DREAM: POLAND (2CD - 2011 Remaster / Complete Un-Edited Performance - Stock # T1415828) Normally 2CD £15.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £13.99
Esoteric Recordings have announced the release of a Newly Remastered Edition of 'Poland-The Warsaw Concert' by Tangerine Dream. On the 10th December 1983, Edgar Froese, Chris Franke and Johannes Schmoelling performed a legendary concert in the Ice Stadium in Warsaw - a unique event, given the political situation in Poland at the time. The resulting 'live' album was issued as a double LP set on the Jive Electro label the following year to great acclaim. Of all the subsequent CD releases of the album, only two early editions, released in the USA & Germany, featured the full un-edited version of the original double LP. This Newly Remastered Edition fully restores the Entire Unedited Double LP Version to Compact Disc and includes a Lavishly Illustrated Deluxe Booklet with New Essay.
Track List - Disc 1:
01. Poland
02. Tangent
Track List - Disc 2:
01. Barbakane
02. Horizon
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2011 at 15:09
I've got the reissue of Poland. Great sound quality ,much more dynamic.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2011 at 03:27
Need to correct the track listing on Poland. On the reissue its:

Disc One
Poland (22.34)
Tangent (15.51)
Rare Bird (4.01)

Disc Two
Barbakane (18.02)
Horizon (21.10)

SFranke View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2011 at 04:33
Just so no one's confused, "Rare Bird" isn't an extra track or anything. It was just split off from the long version of "Tangent" for this release. So if you have an earlier two-disc release of "Poland", you have the whole thing.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2011 at 16:00
Originally posted by SFranke SFranke wrote:

Just so no one's confused, "Rare Bird" isn't an extra track or anything. It was just split off from the long version of "Tangent" for this release. So if you have an earlier two-disc release of "Poland", you have the whole thing.

It was always a bit confusing to me that they never named a 3rd track so I'm glad it was corrected on the re-issue. I did wonder whether Poland was a much longer peice of music. As far as the live performance goes Poland and Tangent were clearly performed together almost as one peice of music. There was no actual break for applause.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2011 at 16:26
Well I recently bought Zeit, so I'll be skipping that one, but this Poland sure sounds interesting. I'll add it to my list.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
jean-marie View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2011 at 06:02
Just got a Polland 1 cd release from Sanctuary records yesterday ( was in Paris for Waters) same stuff as my double lp, it seems, and it sounds realy good
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2011 at 15:24
Originally posted by jean-marie jean-marie wrote:

Just got a Polland 1 cd release from Sanctuary records yesterday ( was in Paris for Waters) same stuff as my double lp, it seems, and it sounds realy good

I've got that as well. The Sanctuary version has a shorter version of Barbakane (13.49) compared to the 18 minute version on the reissiue.Other than the track listings being slight different thats the only difference.It is a good version to have if you can't be bothered to get up and change the CD half way throughBig smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2011 at 17:32
Yes, maybe it's better for an old fart as me Smile
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2011 at 02:01
actually that 'missing' 5 minutes is the dullest part of the album so the single cd version has a lot going for it. It also has nicer packaging overall although the sound of the reissue is much better imo.More dynamic,crisper and clearer.
It really is a gem of an album. A lot of people stop at 1980 and don't realise how good Poland is. In terms of ambition it well on a par with anything they did on the seventies. In places it has a strong industrial feel to it which is unusual for TD. Not aware they made anything else that is comparable.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2011 at 04:16
When talking about TD best live albums, Polland is often forgoten but it's realy a good album
 Post Reply Post Reply