Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Internal news
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedQueensr˙che - exclusive PA contest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Queensr˙che - exclusive PA contest
    Posted: June 10 2011 at 11:16
The legendary Queensr˙che are releasing their new album "Dedicated to Chaos" on June 28.

Progarchives has teamed up with Rock, Metal, Punk Download site LoudTrax.com to give PA members a chance to ask the band questions, Win an exclusive autographed Queensr˙che lithograph, and pre-Order the album.

Pre-Order starts on June 14 on LoudTrax.com at this location http://www.loudtrax.com/Album.aspx?id=73534.

Here's how the interview and contest works:

ProgArchives members can post any question they have for the band on this forum entry. Please gear the questions for the band and not 1 specific member. Queensryche will then pick 10 questions from that list and answer them. Full interview will be posted on ProgArchives.com and at LoudTrax.com.

Queensr˙che offered an exclusive autographed lithograph for this promotion which is exclusive to PA members. The contest form is at http://www.loudtrax.com/Contest/Queensryche where you must enter your PA member name to qualify.

The contest and interview is open to all (June 14 to 28), the Pre-Order on LoudTrax.com is for US residents only.

Edited by M@X - June 14 2011 at 09:59
Prog On !
M@X View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2011 at 09:22
As mentioned above, you can post any question you have for the band here.

Good luck !

M@X
Prog On !
Rune2000 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2011 at 11:50
First off, let me say that it was a blast seeing you guys live at Sweden Rock Festival! Thumbs Up

1). I would like to know if you have any plans of continuing the Operation: Mindcrime storyline in the future?
2). I really enjoyed hearing Damaged during your recent performance, do you guys have any plans of returning to that Promised Land frame of mind?

Cheers!
/Alexander
saureign View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2011 at 16:45
1. Will Chris DeGarmo be joining you, at least on the tour?
2. Will ever be another covers LP?
3. Are you going toward classical music, keeping in mind the rythm, pace and grit of your last LP?
4. Are there any chances to listen any unusual musical collaborations on your future LPs?
5. Please, revive 'Promised Land' - your most influential and gifted LP...
Thank you for everything.
I will expect you in Romania, soon.
mmarto View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2011 at 17:28
1. Is there any chance of Chris DeGarmo contributing music again like in the Tribe album. Obviously he was a big part of the Queensryches sound and he is missed by the fans.

Edited by mmarto - June 14 2011 at 17:35
Negoba View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2011 at 18:26
1. Does it ever creep you out that some of the lyrics in Operation: Mindcrime became so prophetic?

2. Do you consider doing another exploratory / experimental record like Promised Land?

3. I recall interviews when Mindcrime was released, where the guitars were put in boxes to get an "icy" kind of effect? Do you still experiment to try to get tones that have never quite been heard before?

4. Thanks for all the years of great music.
You are quite a fine person, and I am very fond of you. But you are only quite a little fellow, in a wide world, after all.
Alitare View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2011 at 19:24
1 - Do you ever wish to return to the deep introspection in Promised Land?

2 - Gotta ask: is DeGarmo's ever coming back in any form?

3 - And yes, thank you very much for the music you've created that has touched me and affected me so greatly.
terryl View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2011 at 02:16

i love the band's efforts from the debut EP upto Promised Land, and to a lesser degree, Hear in the Now Frontier. I bought Mindcrimei think 5 times altogether (3 as cassettes and 2 for CD)

My question: 

Given that QR's prime days are well in the past circa mindcrime to promised land, how was the band dealing with increasing pressures from fans to compare recent efforts and new musical directions with past glory?

has the now quartet found the perfect new sound? What is it like?

And who are we to justify the right in all we do
Until we seek, until we find Ammonia Avenue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrmJ39j58W0
Fernandi View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2011 at 07:09
It's been a long time since the last time Queensryche made a long song (nearly 10 minutes). Any chance of us to see you make a long song again in the future?
CCVP View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2011 at 17:59
Why have the band decided to change their style in the mid 90's and then change back in the mid 2000's?
guitarherosucks View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2011 at 22:46
Great promotion. Here are my questions:

1.  With the recent success of the Rage for Order, Empire and American Soldier extended suites, would you consider doing the same for the musical genius that is Promised Land? Or even recreate the elaborate theatrical stage setup from the original tour and play the entire album?

2.  With the shift to the Roadrunner record label (great move by the way), will you consider implementing a heavier, more guitar-oriented approach to new material, with more focus on aggressive, punchy riffs, energy and intensity?

3.  Will guitar legend Michael Wilton be resuming a more active role as a songwriter in the creation of new material for upcoming albums?

And echoing above sentiments, new 10min+ mini-epics along the lines of Suite Sister Mary would also go down nicely. Are there any plans for longer, progressive songs such as this?

Looking forward to the band's choices. Thanks Queensryche for showing your appreciation for the fans by making the effort to hear our voices and opinions.
Stooge View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2011 at 09:55
1.  The 30th anniversary of your self-titled debut is approaching in a few years.  Do you have any plans to celebrate this anniversary?
2.  Being together for 30 years, how has the songwriting process changed now from when you were in your 20s?
A fun place to review and discuss metal: MetalMusicArchives
Abstrakt View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2011 at 14:23
What does "Queensr˙che" mean?
Negoba View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2011 at 15:43

Nothing really. Some teenagers wrote a song called "Queen of the Reich." It went over well with the audience, a few letter chopped and the obligatory 1983 umlaut later, thereyago.

I think that song happens to be one of the best Iron Maiden style songs written. Don't watch the video though...it's painful.

Oh wait...you want them to answer. oooooooops. Embarrassed 

Edited by Negoba - June 17 2011 at 15:44
You are quite a fine person, and I am very fond of you. But you are only quite a little fellow, in a wide world, after all.
crimhead View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2011 at 22:26
Which one's Pink?
The Neck Romancer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2011 at 08:34
Is the album cover a homage to Magma?
JetCity62 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2011 at 11:24
Over the years we have seen the creative songwriting process of Queensr˙che evolve from Tate/DeGarmo/Wilton to a much broader mix of contributors including Tate/Rockenfield/Jackson/Gane/Slater/Gray/Carell on the "Dedicated to Chaos" release.  From a fan's perspective, the upside of this evolution is the diversity of musical styles in the Queensr˙che catalog.  The downside is that the evolution seems to be taking Queensr˙che further away from the core sound of power guitar and vocal range.  Is there a desire within the band, as there is among the fans, to bring this evolution full circle by creating an epic thinking-man's-metal masterpiece?
ghost_of_morphy View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2011 at 11:30
Operation Mindcrime is obviously the fan favorite, but do the band members think that they have surpassed that with some other album or albums?  I'm quite fond of The Warning myself.
squirrelly View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2011 at 11:32
1. "House of Eternity." I want it. Now. I'm evoking an answer.

2. Given the current state of the economy, how will ticket prices/merchandise be affected? Will you be playing fewer venues?

3. Will you be surprising us with any special guests on your next tour?

**I love you guys. From the bottom of my heart. I had pictures of you in my locker in high school and I just knew I was going to marry Geoff someday (we know how that worked out). BUT...please, for the love of whatever is out there, no more trapeze artists. All the theatrics detracted from the music and left me confused. I understand you were flexing your creative muscles and while I appreciate that, you have a hardcore cult fanbase that wants Geoff to not wear a codpiece. I will love you until I draw my last breath, and I will embrace your creativity. Just please don't make it so...busy...**
UncleAdam View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2011 at 20:58

1.  If you could take UncleAdam and one other fan to lunch, where would you take him and why?

2.  What was the funniest/saddest/most erotic thing you've ever seen in an audience?

3.  Autographing Giant Underwear... is there anything better than that?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>