Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPak (Ron Anderson's primary band)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pak (Ron Anderson's primary band)
    Posted: July 13 2011 at 04:14
Here I want to present my true admiration of criminally unknown band Pak! One of the best Avant rock bands in the world at the moment! Their album "Motel" is in my opinion one of the top 5 best album of the last 10 years or so, and it's a damn shame more people don't listen to them! 

The band is lead by Ron Anderson and at the moment is made up of Ron (who plays bass and guitar) with drummer genius Keith Abrahms, who is easily one of the best drummer today and ever, and Keyboard and trumpet are played by the excellent Tim Byrnes. 

Some linkies:

There be dragons
frippism View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2011 at 23:51
Anyone??
There be dragons
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2011 at 23:57
Yeah, they're a pretty awesome group.  I still want to get the new album, what samples I've heard on Squidco have been awesome. Plus, Ron's a really nice guy based on communications online.
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2011 at 08:49
Still have to check the songs/mp3 he put on his website. But, since Ron Anderson had played with Ruins (RonRuins), his other projects could interest me.
I'm not sure, but I think to remember that my favourite record shop may have one of Pak's albums. I will check that tomorrow if I can.
frippism View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2011 at 10:37
Originally posted by SaltyJon SaltyJon wrote:

Yeah, they're a pretty awesome group.  I still want to get the new album, what samples I've heard on Squidco have been awesome. Plus, Ron's a really nice guy based on communications online.

Is he? He looks like a nice guy. They album is insane!!! It's just as good as "Motel", though I do miss bassist Jesse Krakow who was a total bass beast. Tim Byrnes plays some awesome keys though, so really no complaints. 
There be dragons
frippism View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2011 at 10:39
Originally posted by CPicard CPicard wrote:

Still have to check the songs/mp3 he put on his website. But, since Ron Anderson had played with Ruins (RonRuins), his other projects could interest me.
I'm not sure, but I think to remember that my favourite record shop may have one of Pak's albums. I will check that tomorrow if I can.

What is this favorite record shop? If it has Pak then it must be my favourite record shop as well. I'm yet to listen to anything RonRuins, and really want to, but that just costs money.
There be dragons
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2011 at 11:05
I have two of the RonRuins albums, and to be honest they're not as good IMO as either Ruins or PAK individually.  I was a bit upset, but they're still good albums...just not amazing ones. Tongue
frippism View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2011 at 04:01
^ bummer, maybe I'll skip it. I was though very eager to hear what Ron Anderson could sound with Ruins, because both of them are sort of the father of avant prog punk zheul.
There be dragons
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2011 at 13:12
Originally posted by frippism frippism wrote:

Originally posted by CPicard CPicard wrote:

What is this favorite record shop? If it has Pak then it must be my favourite record shop as well. I'm yet to listen to anything RonRuins, and really want to, but that just costs money.

Well, it's Souffle Continu, a shop in Paris... But if you can come in France, I could be your guide.
frippism View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2011 at 13:25
^ I'm recording this so when a random guy knocks on your door I can show you this conversation and then your soul is obligated to guide me.
There be dragons
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2011 at 14:24
Originally posted by frippism frippism wrote:

^ bummer, maybe I'll skip it. I was though very eager to hear what Ron Anderson could sound with Ruins, because both of them are sort of the father of avant prog punk zheul.

Why would you skip it?  They're still good albums, still definitely worth checking out if you're a fan of either (or both) groups.
 Post Reply Post Reply