Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIan Gordon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ian Gordon
    Posted: July 13 2011 at 18:14
Hi guys, 

I submitted a suggestion via the e-mail provided but I'm been having some problems with outgoing mail so I decided to post here too to be on the safe side. I hope this is ok!

I'm a solo artist with a passion for progressive rock. My July 5th release, "The Box", is a double concept album in true prog rock style, and was in production on and off for over 10 years. I'm very proud of my creation and believe the finished product is worthy of review and critique, which is why I am requesting the opportunity for some increased exposure on the Prog Archives website.

Biography

Ian Gordon is a British singer, multi-instrumentalist and songwriter. Based in Bolton, UK, he currently fronts the up and coming rock band, Drama. As a solo artist, he explores the darker side of human nature, seeking to expose the truths we hide from ourselves. 

Growing up in the small town of Westhoughton, Ian was fascinated by headstrong artists such as Genesis and Rush, artists who weren’t afraid to push the boundaries both musically and lyrically. Drawing inspiration from this approach to music, Ian composes emotionally-driven music that touches upon despair and the bizarre.

Country

England, UK

Prog Genre

Heavy Prog / Symphonic Prog

Official Websites

The Box can be listened to in its entirety for free on Ian's official Bandcamp page linked below.

Discography

The Box (2011)
Ian Gordon - Vocals/Instrumentation

Many thanks for your consideration guys.
Ian
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2011 at 06:11
Thanks for the suggestion Ian, I'm passing it forward for evaluation.

Good luck with the project!
 Post Reply Post Reply