Topic ClosedShadow Circus Recording New Album

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shadow Circus Recording New Album
    Posted: July 19 2011 at 17:32

Shadow Circus is pleased to announce that they will be entering the studio later this month to begin recording of their third album, and follow-up to 2010's successful Whispers and Screams. Keeping with the tradition of expanding literary concepts into music, as they did with "Project Blue", which was based on Stephen King's epic horror fantasy The Stand, Shadow Circus will now go further back into fantasy history, this time paying homage to Madeleine L'Engle's masterpiece, A Wrinkle in Time. Fans of this book may take an interest in some of the working song titles from this epic suite, entitled "...On a Dark and Stormy Night", the title of which is a continuation of the name of the last track on Whispers and Screams, "...Then in July, the Thunder Came":

Overture

Daddy's Gone

Whosit, Whatsit and Which

Through the Tesseract

Song of Uriel

Camazotz

Ixchel

The Battle for Charles Wallace

It is not yet known whether the entire album will be devoted to this concept, and additional "chapters" may be added.

The band will release a two-song Maxi single in October, featuring a new song called "Rise", and a sample of the forthcoming epic, which will be available for purchase at any of their live shows scheduled in the Northeast U.S. and Canada, and through the band's website at http://www.shadowcircusmusic.com.

Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2011 at 18:45
Don't forget Aunt Beast!

I had a love-hate relationship with that book.  I still don't like it, but for some reason, it remains with me and keeps me in its world.

I've no doubt you fellas will do well with this one.
jplanet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2011 at 13:22
Eppy, funny you mention Aunt Beast! The singer wanted to use that title for the piece now called "Ixchel"!
 Post Reply Post Reply