Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Similar groups to Novalis and Hoelderlin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie (< 5 posts)
Forum Newbie (< 5 posts)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote synthonaplinth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Similar groups to Novalis and Hoelderlin
    Posted: July 21 2011 at 14:15
I love both Novalis and Hoelderlin, their style of music, the fact they derive much of their subject matter from classic German poets (the term that German music journalists have coined for them is 'Romantische Rockmusik'). What I am wondering is if there are any other artists in Germany that do the same thing? I have checked out Eloy, and they seemed more of a German Pink Floyd, whereas Kraan was more of a psychedelic jazz band, and Guru Guru and Can were about as Krautrock as you could get (love 'New Age Of Earth' by Ashra, tho). Does anyone have any suggestions on further listening in this somewhat obscure genre?
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2011 at 21:10

Ramses might fit the bill, or Minotaurus' sadly only release.  Perhaps Aigues Vives?  I need to think on this a bit more

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic