Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAcetylene Nirvana (FZ)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acetylene Nirvana (FZ)
    Posted: August 14 2011 at 00:00
I hate Zappa's Flo & Eddie years.  It's garbage really,'cept Sharleena.  And yet...

This morning we wuz listening to Fillmore East June 1971 which is the very definition of a failed album...but there's so much great music hidden away in there.  One of the worst albums ever released is so good.  I suppose that's what we get with Zappa.  For some reason my wife likes Bwana Dik and Latex Solar Beef, what with that Mud Shark riff oozing pure nastiness all over de sofa.  I din't play her the whole groupie routine songs since she has some limits w/r/t this sort of thing.

When bwana dik speaks the heavens will part...
Acetylene Nirvana...
Steamroller...
In the sacred presence of the latex solar beef...

The point of this?  I miss Frank.  Who's gonna step up and take his place?  Or was it just a one shot deal?

Mud shark!

Can you tell me where we're headin'?
Lincoln County Road or Armageddon.
zravkapt View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2011 at 00:47

The groupie routines are the best part of the album!

EchidnasArf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2011 at 02:56
Originally posted by jammun jammun wrote:

The point of this?  I miss Frank.  Who's gonna step up and take his place?  Or was it just a one shot deal?

I miss Frank too.Cry He was one of a kind so I honestly don't see anyone taking his place and to be frank, no one will ever come close IMO. To "take his place" would entail so much more than just writing fantastic music in the style of Zappa, because that would be unoriginal and Zap was the epitome of originality; it would have to be someone that invents absolutely new and progressive music like Frank did, play their instrument/s in a mind-blowingly different way than everyone else, and document it all in at least 50 albums worth of music. Only then, will I ever consider the statement: "This guy could be the next Zappa!"
 Post Reply Post Reply