Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prog in unexpected public places.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 394041
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Replayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2016 at 22:42
On April 5th, the classic rock station commemorated Cozy Powell's passing by playing Emerson, Lake and Powell's Touch and Go, while also dedicating it to Keith Emerson.
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2016 at 17:13
Was watching college baseball (Mississippi State at Auburn) on ESPN today, and the organist was playing Genesis' That's All between innings. The announcer misidentified it as being a Phil Collins song, and all I could think was, "Brother, you don't know the half of it."
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon (?) it." - Eno
FroggyGlenn View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FroggyGlenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2016 at 00:51
Not really a public place, but was watching the Astroboy cartoon (1980 version) with the kids, and Mysterious Forest by AIN SOPH started playing in key parts of the episode. I have a youtube video here with proof:

Around 1:30 mark the intro for the title track plays for a bit, also around 3:00 mark it starts playing some parts of Natural Selection on the same album. Then at 21:42 plays another part of the title track, and badly damaged. Wild huh? Well, i guess to be fair they both came out in 1980, but still a surprise.

The title track:

Edited by FroggyGlenn - May 16 2016 at 01:05
A_Flower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A_Flower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2016 at 08:51
At work yesterday, I saw a man with a Brain Salad Surgery tattoo
User Banned for this Post
Enchlore View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enchlore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2016 at 13:18
"21st Century Schizoid Man" was playing on the speakers in a marketplace I went to this week. I was probably grinning like an idiot because I recognized it.
I want to go home because I'm hungry and Supper's Ready.
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
PSIKE Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2016 at 04:21
I heard Black Mountain's "Mothers of the Sun" on the radio this morning Cool
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 394041
  Share Topic