Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prog in unexpected public places.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 61>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2021 at 19:48
What's a 70's pro rock album? ;)
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2021 at 03:18
Originally posted by Tapfret Tapfret wrote:

There is a new Ford F150 commercial that uses Atlas by Battles. One of the wackier choices for a pickup truck jingle.

BBC used something from that album as music for a show on the beauty of data science with Hans Rosling. That was before I came to PA though. (Hans Rosling died 2017.) There was also some other prog in that show, surely some Can, maybe also Yes and/or King Crimson.

Edited by Lewian - November 17 2021 at 04:11
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2021 at 07:21
This might be the one Tapfret was referring to with the Battles track:

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - November 17 2021 at 07:22
Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2022 at 12:06
Ian Anderson will be on ITV News tonight (09/03/22) at 10pm (UK) talking about Ukraine.
Oh, for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2022 at 11:09
Heard that Godawful cover of Supertramp's Give A Little Bit this morning at the supermarket. I know, not prog, but it made me wish for the real McCoy.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
M00NMADNESSyes View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M00NMADNESSyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2022 at 13:59
I heard "going for the one" by yes at a fred mayer two weeks ago
M00NMADNESSyes View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M00NMADNESSyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2022 at 14:01
Nice! Clap
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2022 at 09:22
Grayson's Art Club on Channel 4 (UK). 21st Century Schizoid Man played when Bill Bailey struggles with his artwork.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2022 at 06:36
Just now...
MSNBC Morning Joe, heading into commercial break, Yes - Roundabout
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
gandalph059 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gandalph059 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2022 at 14:00
yeah, sounds like someone definitley, snuck it in., amoungst the trash. your not alone, as focus, is waay beyond, what world calls, music, musicians., i love those guys too, for long time., no matter what they played on thier lps., totally awesome musicians, , i to, look for ,when out in public and shopping , the fake crap, advertising ,    music not,     whatever, thank you,      for your not alone, , i hav'ent heard this or any other real thing, , but yes i agree with you, there is no way this was   a mistake, someone fedup, was definitley getting waay better music out, no doubt about it, since , sylvia , was not mainstream, nor was anything else they"ve ever done, , only by grace of god, 1 or 2 songs, by them ever, even, got played at all, on fakeass radio, here in usa., and that was enough for most of us., they are awesome arent they?, i mean like , damn, jethro tull, on steriods., jazz rock, i call it ., jazz rock on steriods. ps. i never bought any lp. by jethro tull, except for 1 lp. called songs from the woods., but no question in my mind, about focus, all thier lps.    i only have 2 of there lps., and, fast or slow songs, they rule,    many great musicians out there.forever., that radio, and world does not want us to know., whether they have lyrics, or not, doesnt matter., you know great musicians when you hear them, just by thier music., and if they happen to have lyrics to go with that level of musical, genius, well, its gonna be , what i call, thinking mans, music., , thank you for bringin them back to memory, for i have 2 of their greatest cds, but im sure they have numerous songs. , on many other lps., , not coincedence, friend, your right, , someone, somewhere, on the other end, pulled that up, in the midst, of worlds crap. god bless you, and take care.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2022 at 06:48
^Holy 5hit...WTF is that?Confused Wacko
It must be a audio translation software, I can't imagine anyone typing like that.

Edited by JD - April 12 2022 at 06:48
Machinemessiah View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machinemessiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2022 at 07:03
Last week watching women's tennis (Charleston Open I think it was, not Miami, broadcast), Karn Evil 9 in between games with players resting on their seats..  the part: "Welcome back my friends, to the show that never ends.."

octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2022 at 07:06
Queen Hotel in Chester(UK). During the breakfast, Jon Anderson with Song of Seven
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2022 at 08:10
Kula Shaker Top of the Pops 1996 - drummer wearing a Yes T-shirt.
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2022 at 14:41
Saw a Larks' Tongues' t-shirt at the mall the other day.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
stegor View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stegor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2022 at 21:26
Could Garfield be a fan of The Residents?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2022 at 12:59
I saw a guy who looked to be about 70 in a clothing store today wearing an old Yes t shirt. I tried saying something to him about them but he just ignored everything I said and didn't respond at all. What an idiot. 
Jacob Schoolcraft View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob Schoolcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2022 at 18:38
A golf course. Probably 4 years ago I had to pick up a relative who attended some sort of private party. I remember being told that I should wait by the desk. Suddenly I begin to hear the piano intro to "Trip To The Fair" and my reaction to that was the feeling of being thrown into a imposing state of shock.

It was the receptionist choice of music. She liked Renaissance. She played the entire album Scheherazade And Other Stories. She had a cd player behind the counter..a stereo system connected to speakers in the lobby.

She talked with me a bit and discussed being a huge Renaissance fan and I pointed out to her that this was a rare occasion. I was overwhelmed sitting, waiting
..and getting the opportunity to hear that album. It was a haunting experience. A total rarity in life.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2022 at 19:54
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

I saw a guy who looked to be about 70 in a clothing store today wearing an old Yes t shirt. I tried saying something to him about them but he just ignored everything I said and didn't respond at all. What an idiot. 
<Maybe it was Steve Howe. LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2022 at 20:26
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

<Maybe it was Steve Howe. LOL

No. I met Steve Howe up close and in person once and got his autograph (although no handshake since he doesn't shake hands) so I know what Steve looks like. Wink 

The guy I was referring to was just a jerk plain and simple. Steve Howe wasn't as personable as Steve Hackett, Peter Hammill or Andy Latimer but he was still no jerk.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 61>