Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prog in unexpected public places.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 61>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2018 at 17:15
^Hey, I didn't give a frowny face to your mention of abacab.  Tongue
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2018 at 11:07
That's no frowny face - more like concerned.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2018 at 13:45
Originally posted by Rednight Rednight wrote:

That's no frowny face - more like concerned.

Why?
mwood View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2018 at 20:52
Here's a REALLY unexpected one.

I just saw the remake of "A Star is Born" starring Lady Gaga. Shocked to see her wearing a Yes t-shirt during one scene. Not just a quick, don't-blink-or-you'll-miss-it kind of scene, either. Roger Dean logo, maybe Tormato era.
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2018 at 12:08
Sounds like the best part of the movie.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
stegor View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stegor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2018 at 08:03
Last night on the new American sitcom "The Kids are Alright" set in 1972, one of the kids stole 9 bucks from his little brothers piggy bank. He explained that he needed it because he "went to the Jethro Tull concert last night and he don't blow his flute for free". I was quite pleased by the reference but disappointed with the "he" part. The kid was wearing a Led Zeppelin t-shirt.
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2018 at 11:47
This morning was walking by a Vietnamese restaurant called Phoshow in Culver City, Calif. and heard 'Floyd's Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I - V) being piped out onto its outdoor dining patio.
CristauxFeur View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CristauxFeur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2018 at 19:12
I've heard Money and Eclipse at my favorite Lebanese Supermarket.
Dragged down by the stone
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2018 at 11:26

Now I'm concerned for you.

This morning was walking by a Vietnamese restaurant called Phoshow in Culver City, Calif. and heard 'Floyd's Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I - V) being piped out onto its outdoor dining patio.

Good for you. Did you celebrate and have a big party because of it? 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - November 14 2018 at 13:08
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2018 at 11:28
I was watching this movie I have recently called the Lords of Dogtown and the mother in the movie was wearing a Jethro Tull t shirt.
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2018 at 15:57
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Now I'm concerned for you.

<span style=": rgb248, 248, 252;">This morning was walking by a Vietnamese restaurant called Phoshow in Culver City, Calif. and heard 'Floyd's Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I - V) being piped out onto its outdoor dining patio.
 </span>
<span style=": rgb248, 248, 252;">
</span>
<span style=": rgb248, 248, 252;">Good for you. Did you celebrate and have a big party because of it? </span>

Oooo. A rather snippy comment over much adieu about nothing. Why so tense, guy?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2018 at 17:05
Hey man, you never answered when I asked why you were "concerned" so I'm not answering you either. 
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2018 at 07:45
coffee shop in Blood west Village called the Coffee Tree .

Was playing The Who's ' The Reel me.' 
Inspired me to go home and listen to the album .

Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2018 at 21:05
I was at a japanese restaurant and suddendly I thought I recognized something in the ambient music... it was a bit low, so it took me a little while to point it out... it was Kaileigh from Marillion.
stegor View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stegor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2018 at 19:06
Jethro Tull reference #2 from The Kids Are Alright - They played a piece of Locomotive Breath during a kid's boxing match to very good effect. Whoever writes the script is a Tull fan. It's a pretty solid show to boot.
grantman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grantman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2018 at 19:44
Roundabout by yes and tom sawyer by rush the, The lamb lies down on Broadway genesis ,at various public places|(grocery stores,malls skating rinks) etc i heard theses songs playing
grantman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grantman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2018 at 19:47
Now that,s interesting hearing PF in a any supermarket
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2018 at 14:53
"Starless" is in the new Nicolas Cage movie, Mandy. Terrible movie but it started out great with Fripp's Mellotron!
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2018 at 03:33
Saw a rerun the other weekend of the Tim Allen comedy Last Man Standing. In it, his wife is trying to convince their daughter about how some guy she's dating is a bad choice. She gives an example of her own bad choice when she was younger of a guy who left her out in the rain during a Yes concert. The daughter alluded to the story later in the show.
Nycfunk View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nycfunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2018 at 16:12
Years ago my buddy and I were hanging out at a strip club in the San Fernando Valley. The DJ was playing the usual songs for the strippers to dance to, you know "You can leave your hat on." "Black Velvet." "Man, I feel like a woman." When out of nowhere I hear the recognizable voice of James LaBrie. Holy sh*t! This stripper was doing a pole dance to Dream Theater!  She danced to at least two Dream Theater songs. I could not believe it. I think other than the DJ (or maybe the stripper) I was the only one in the club who could identify the group she was dancing to. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 61>