Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prog in unexpected public places.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 61>
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2011 at 19:49
Originally posted by zappaholic zappaholic wrote:

Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Not sure if this counts, but I was bored out of my mind standing in a supermarket queue, so I picked up one of those crappy gossip magazines, and a few pages in there was a picture of Jessica Simpson wearing a `Yes' shirt!! With the classic Roger Dean logo design too :)

After getting over that initinal shock, I thought `Hmmmm, wonder if she can even SPELL `Yes'?!

Makes we wonder, if some stylist dressed her, who is the stylist who considers Yes to be fashionable?! :)

She probably doesn't even know it's a band.

She's probably a big fan of 90210. Tongue
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2011 at 20:13
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

Originally posted by zappaholic zappaholic wrote:

Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Not sure if this counts, but I was bored out of my mind standing in a supermarket queue, so I picked up one of those crappy gossip magazines, and a few pages in there was a picture of Jessica Simpson wearing a `Yes' shirt!! With the classic Roger Dean logo design too :)

After getting over that initinal shock, I thought `Hmmmm, wonder if she can even SPELL `Yes'?!

Makes we wonder, if some stylist dressed her, who is the stylist who considers Yes to be fashionable?! :)

She probably doesn't even know it's a band.

She's probably a big fan of 90210. Tongue

Afew years ago the fashionistas decided 70's vintage rock shirts were cool---they had a Yes one for sale at a boutique in the trendy neighborhood I live in in NYC---they wanted a good price for it---I could have sold them my never been worn or washed Tales shirt if I needed the bucksLOL
CloseToTheMoon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CloseToTheMoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2011 at 15:01
Haven't been on here in a while...anyway.

I was at the biggest non-chain music shop in my town a few years back looking for Genesis cds (the remasters weren't even announced at the time). I had a copy of the first Live album in my hands while digging through some other stuff and after whatever arty underground band's EP finished up on the store PA, something familiar sounding faded in. It was the same exact album I had in my hands! I stopped in my tracks. PROG! Genesis! Genesis Live!

The dude at the counter was as surprised as I was

Edited by CloseToTheMoon - November 12 2011 at 15:02
It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.
Curutchet View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curutchet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2011 at 18:04
I was at the drug store the other day, and "Owner of a Lonely Heart" was playing : a pop song by the most progressive rock band ever.
ProgressiveAttic View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgressiveAttic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2011 at 18:49
This all happened in Israel:

*UK's In The Dead of Night in a bar
*In The Court of the Crimson King in a cafe at about 2am
(curiously enough both things happened in the very same street...)
Michael's Sonic Kaleidoscope Mondays 5:00pm EST(re-runs Thursdays 3:00pm) @ Delicious Agony Progressive Rock Radio(http://www.deliciousagony.com)

Fox On The Rocks View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fox On The Rocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2011 at 22:38
I heard Squonk by Genesis in a local mini putt.
The Miracle View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Miracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2011 at 23:16
I take a walk to the beach every night and pass by a house where this guy often hangs out with friends on his front porch drinking beer and smoking. A few days back I was walking by when he was driving off in his car. He was blasting New Millenium Cyanide Christ. His coolness points skyrocketed.Cool
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2011 at 07:55
^ you live near a warm beach... Ouch
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2011 at 08:46
Originally posted by Fox On The Rocks Fox On The Rocks wrote:

I heard Squonk by Genesis in a local mini putt.

I've never indulged in real golf, but putt-putt is fun.  An exercise in practical geometry and physics.Tongue

Croquet anyone?  Pool perhaps?

Edited by Slartibartfast - November 13 2011 at 08:50
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

refugee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote refugee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2011 at 08:59
^ Boccia! Haven’t played it for years, though.
He say nothing is quite what it seems;
I say nothing is nothing
(Peter Hammill)
ProgressiveAttic View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgressiveAttic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2011 at 11:19
Ah I forgot about the most impressive one!

Echoes (the group) in Venezuelan television (in one of the most popular talk shows in the country -apparently the host is a Prog fan-)!
(if you don't understand Spanish skip the talk... the music starts in 4:50 and in 11:40)

Michael's Sonic Kaleidoscope Mondays 5:00pm EST(re-runs Thursdays 3:00pm) @ Delicious Agony Progressive Rock Radio(http://www.deliciousagony.com)

TheMasterMofo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheMasterMofo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2011 at 11:42
Originally posted by ProgressiveAttic ProgressiveAttic wrote:

Ah I forgot about the most impressive one!

Echoes (the group) in Venezuelan television (in one of the most popular talk shows in the country -apparently the host is a Prog fan-)!
(if you don't understand Spanish skip the talk... the music starts in 4:50 and in 11:40)

Echoes is awesome! Pretty interesting interview; I didn't really know anything about the band members or the band history (I just know that they make great music!) so it was cool to hear them speak.
brainstormer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brainstormer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2011 at 04:36
\

Prog sited in the Bellevue Mall, Washington.
--
Robert Pearson
Regenerative Music http://www.regenerativemusic.net
Telical Books http://www.telicalbooks.com
ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net

Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2011 at 06:50
I'm not really a fan of iced tea, but that stuff looks good.

rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2011 at 08:23
I ate dinner at Five Guys Burgers last week and was serenaded by Starship Trooper.
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2011 at 08:47

Thankful for her fine fair discount, Tess Co-operates:

Tesco Willow Farm Barn Egg Mixed Weight (6)
Big smile

Edited by Dean - November 14 2011 at 08:47
What?
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2011 at 15:21
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

Croquet anyone? 

Only with Henry's head  LOL
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2011 at 15:34
treebeard View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote treebeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2011 at 05:35
A few years back in Florence, Italy. Eating out and listening to Nursery Cryme over the restaurant speaker system....
loved it!
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2011 at 05:44
Originally posted by treebeard treebeard wrote:

A few years back in Florence, Italy. Eating out and listening to Nursery Cryme over the restaurant speaker system....
loved it!
A few years back in Windsor, England. Eating out in a resturant in the sight of Queen Liz's castle and listening to Triana over the speaker system...
What?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 61>