Progarchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Music and Musicians Exchange
  FAQ FAQ  Forum SearchSearch  Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

irrelevant's Music - Superdensecrushloadfactor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote irrelevant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: irrelevant's Music - Superdensecrushloadfactor
    Posted: June 16 2014 at 19:53
Originally posted by Polymorphia

It's definitely stuff worth checking out. I think I've raved about the Nonesuch Explorer series before.
And I listened a bit to the gamelan music video you posted from that series. Yes, I should definitely check stuff like that out more. Exploration is fun!
HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote HackettFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2014 at 09:25
Originally posted by irrelevant

Let me know what you think. http://superdensecrushloadfactor.bandcamp.com/

Listened to just the first piece so far; really nice. I presume you were using a fretless guitar with a tape loop? I liked the slow build up of overlaid phrasing. I did feel the length of the section with the static a little challenging.
irrelevant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote irrelevant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2014 at 09:43
Originally posted by HackettFan

Originally posted by irrelevant

Let me know what you think. http://superdensecrushloadfactor.bandcamp.com/

Listened to just the first piece so far; really nice. I presume you were using a fretless guitar with a tape loop? I liked the slow build up of overlaid phrasing. I did feel the length of the section with the static a little challenging.
Thanks, glad ya like it. A mix of steel slide, pick scraping and excessive down-tuning led to getting those guitar sounds on the first track. No tape loops though the last part with the mandolin was recorded on a portable cassette recorder. That static part is nothing compared to some of the other parts on the album. LOL
Overall, this new album is quite different to the previous ones I've put up. One in the Flood, Decease Estates and Understand Non You Do Odd are much more rock based.

Edited by irrelevant - June 18 2014 at 09:44
irrelevant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote irrelevant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2014 at 08:37
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12