Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Three Trapped Tigers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frippism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Three Trapped Tigers
    Posted: September 06 2011 at 07:41
One of the more interesting and mind blowing bands I've just gotten to listen to recently (thanks to PA user AdyRandom) I think it's safe to describe them as innovative electronica jazz experimental post/math rock. So yeah that solves in my eyes where they should probably go here in the sub genres. 

Some great videos they've provided:

There be dragons
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site and Forum Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2011 at 17:05
Wow, very interesting music indeed! Very tricky as well, in terms of genre placement. I think experimental rock is a bit too broad, seeing as they encompass so vast a style of music, yet I think Eclectic Prog is right out as an option because of their accessibility, yet I don't feel Crossover is the right place for them either.... I'll ask Alex's opinion before proceeding on this one.
frippism View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frippism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2011 at 22:54
^ hm I think their melodies are also very post rockish so I still think they're post rock even if they don't fit perfectly. They're definitely different though but I think that post/math rock is the most fitting if you have to choose.
There be dragons
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2011 at 07:28
Great, and indeed puzzling stuff. Judging by the samples, this band could sit well along with the (less known) beat/electronica-infused post rock bands, such as PVT, Kinder, Lymbyc Systym, 65daysofstatic. It also sounds like Giraffes? Giraffes! a lot. The last sample is the most eloquent. It will all depend on how the recent studio actually sounds.

I'll forward the suggestion for Post/Math, cheers!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic