Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Tribute Bands and Prog Radio
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNext Budgie tribute gig (UK)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
clarkpegasus4001 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Next Budgie tribute gig (UK)
    Posted: December 15 2013 at 11:38
Originally posted by Zoomclub Zoomclub wrote:

Not to state the obvious, but I don't think I ever saw Burke playing a Ricky Wink - Always trusted battered Precision  - guessing prob' about a 1920's prototype judging by the hammering it used to take!

Only having a laugh- bass player meself - Burke's playin' is kinda what turned me from lead to Bass many years ago!

It's that groove/locked in thing that him and Steve just seem to effortlessly tie in together - kick drum and bass = kinda "Vamping" I call it  - Fair do's to you guys - I've never found a  drummer who seemed to get  it Unhappy

You guys still around - come and see ya

Jon
Cool

Well Burke has also played a Kramer and he's got a MusicMan too. Anyway, old Precisions are far too expensive these days. I think Burke bought his new in 1968 if my memory serves me correct? feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, although he changed the neck at some point.  I had my Rickenbacker from playing in a Wishbone Ash tribute which folded, and i certainly wasn't going to sell it! although I do have an old Jazz bass too.
Yes we are still going (sort of), We have not booked any gigs for next year at the moment because of other band commitments.
Tony C.

Zoomclub View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2013 at 07:03
Not to state the obvious, but I don't think I ever saw Burke playing a Ricky Wink - Always trusted battered Precision  - guessing prob' about a 1920's prototype judging by the hammering it used to take!

Only having a laugh- bass player meself - Burke's playin' is kinda what turned me from lead to Bass many years ago!

It's that groove/locked in thing that him and Steve just seem to effortlessly tie in together - kick drum and bass = kinda "Vamping" I call it  - Fair do's to you guys - I've never found a  drummer who seemed to get  it Unhappy

You guys still around - come and see ya

Jon
Cool
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2011 at 22:39
Gig Update:
Bugger! This gig is now postponed due to the venue double-booking (even though I booked it months ago! and we sent the flyers out a couple of weeks ago). Ermm It may be re-scheduled for October but I won't hold my breath. Sorry for any inconvenience if anyone on Progarchives was thinking of attending. Unhappy
Tony.

Edited by clarkpegasus4001 - September 11 2011 at 22:41
Tony C.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2011 at 14:05
Originally posted by seventhsojourn seventhsojourn wrote:

Not near my neck of the woods (Glasgow), but best of luck with the gig Tony. Beer

Thank you kindly! Smile
Tony C.

seventhsojourn View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2011 at 13:55
Not near my neck of the woods (Glasgow), but best of luck with the gig Tony. Beer
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2011 at 08:21
Originally posted by Takeshi Kovacs Takeshi Kovacs wrote:

Good luck with the gig.

I remember seeing Budgie when I was at school, playing a gig in a leisure centre in Merthyr Tydfil. Must have been very early 80s. I can remember one of the support bands was a weirdly named outfit known as Naked on Rollerskates!

Thank you. Smile  We actually played in North Wales in June it was a good gig, at Colwyn Bay FC. I beleive they want to re-book us there. Cool We have not had time to rehearse for the next gig and we've not palyed for a couple of weeks so it's "seat of pants stuff" i'm afraid!
Tony C.

Takeshi Kovacs View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2011 at 07:25
Good luck with the gig.

I remember seeing Budgie when I was at school, playing a gig in a leisure centre in Merthyr Tydfil. Must have been very early 80s. I can remember one of the support bands was a weirdly named outfit known as Naked on Rollerskates!
Open the gates of the city wide....
Check out my music taste: http://www.last.fm/user/TakeshiKovacs/
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2011 at 18:03
Hi folks.
Just to let you know that our band In For The Kill (Budgie tribute band), play our next gig on Thursday 15th September at:

The Borough Arms
Bath Street
Ilkeston
Derbyshire
United Kingdom
DE7 8FB

We should be on around 9.15pm, playing 2 sets with a short break, and it's free admission for this gig.
All welcome!
More info on gigs and more - http://www.inforthekill.webeden.co.uk/
Tony C.

Post Reply Post Reply