Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Karn Evil 9 - Emerson Lake And Palmer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: Which Impression is your favourite?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
24 [34.78%]
3 [4.35%]
19 [27.54%]
23 [33.33%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superQuizzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2018 at 20:56
1st Impression Part 2. It combines the fun carnival section from part 2, and the intro is super captivating, and Carl's drums are really groovy around 4:40 in. The bit inbetween the intro and the carnival is wonderful and I just love it. Greg's singing and alternate guitar solo towards the end of it is so unique and cannot be missed. I love it so much and it's got some of the best variety of the song. 

However, I like to consider it as a whole song that should be listened to sequentially. There's a video on youtube that combines it all together. All 30 glorious minutes!
Squonk19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squonk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2018 at 00:03
1st Impression - Part 1 has always been my favourite - but it always seems to lose out to Part 2 because of the 'Welcome Back..." vocal introduction on rock radio. Before CDs, I did my best on a cassette to join the two parts so they flowed seamlessly together - getting the volume between the two parts the same was tricky as I recall. Part 1 is instrumentally stronger with some great variation and depth within it - but the whole thing requires a continuous play, despite the Impressions having their own identity.
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2018 at 16:48
1st Impression, Part 1. It's got everything from Part 2 plus more. And more is better.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Walkscore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walkscore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2018 at 18:14
Well, yes the first part of the 1st impression is great, but the 2nd impression is the best music (and the best playing)!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123