Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stange bands from the 60s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2017 at 22:11
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

PUSSY - Plays
Great album, very little known.

One of my favorites...have that on cd....  :)
Et In Arcadia Ego
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
PSIKE & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2017 at 22:20
If you want strange music from the 60s then you cannot ignore the great SUN RA
His 60s output is some of the strangest avant-jazz ever to hit the Earth like an asteroid from the insane asylum

Rooms of mushrooms rarely mush too much
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2017 at 03:21
Out of touch with sanity...? If it was that weird they probably didn't get a recording contract..  LOL...

I always though Trout Mask Replica by Beefheart was out there....never could get into it except for a few tracks.
Et In Arcadia Ego
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2017 at 03:32
Ha ! I just noticed : ‘stange’ (as opposed to strange......lmao - (hey, I’m way far from perfect too ......)
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2017 at 09:38
One stange band from the Sixties that I'm sure must have already been mentioned here is Strawberry Alarm Clock, if only for the fact that its singer on its hit Incense and Peppermints, 16-year-old Greg Munford, wasn't even a member of the band. As legend has it, he was asked to sing the Sixties anthem after its writer and non band member John Carter was dismissed because of his poor singing.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon (?) it." - Eno
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2017 at 13:46
Godz - Contact High With the Godz from 1966.

"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don’t alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit the views" (Doctor Who - The Face of Evil, Jan 22, 1977).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic