Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSecond Chance Albums

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
paganinio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Second Chance Albums
    Posted: September 15 2011 at 00:38
Pawn Hearts definitely below three stars right now. But I already know it's a grower, and I already know it's high up on the PA charts, so there's nothing it can do to surprise me. I will revisit Pawn Hearts someday and tell you if my feelings change.
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2011 at 22:23
Musical tastes change.

So here's a challenge I propose:

Look at your ratings/reviews, and pick a one or two star to give another shot to.  I've had a change of heart a few times during my tenure here.  Surely someone else might. 

You may also look at the reviews of those who are posting here, and challenge them to reevaluate an album.  Don't pester anybody- this is all in good fun, as is most everything here.

All I'm trying to do here is get people to listen again. For me, Hounds of Love has grown from a despised album of 1980s pop nonsense to a beloved recording.  A Passion Play sent me to sleep at first, and though I did not review it then, if I had, I would have written it off- now, I love it.

Listen again.  Take the challenge.  Tell me what album you'll revisit (hopefully two or three times) and let us know if your feelings change.  It's okay if they don't!
 Post Reply Post Reply