Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mindflower
    Posted: September 13 2011 at 21:31
Ahhh, I think that was my first interview!  Fabio is a great guy.  I really enjoy all of his works.  His solo album "Art of Dreams" might be my favorite one.  

toroddfuglesteg View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Retired

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2011 at 09:45

The group Mindflower was born in 1994 when Fabio Antonelli, Fabrizio Defacqz and Alberto Callegari decided to find a specific way to express their own musical and philosophical sensitivity through rock-prog music.

The band has so far released four albums. ProgArchives c/o Finnforest brought you an interview with them four years ago so it was about time to get an update from them. Fabio answered my questions.

###########################################################

Your biography has been covered in your ProgArchives profile so let's bypass the biography details. But which bands were you influenced by and why did you choose that name ?

mindflower is a sinthesis beetween mind for some deep meanings that we would like to give to our music but with sweetness, so flowers, if possible of course.

How is it to run a band in Italy these days ?

about me: now I'm studying astrophysics that's my first interest and after my composition studies I'm writing chamber and orchestral music but with mindflower we have new projects for new cd and our dream it's to create an opera near a " chamber rock style "

This is an archive based interview also intended for the fans you get well after both you and I have passed away so let's go straight to your albums. Please give us your views/some words on your albums, starting with.......

Purelake from 1995

In our new projects there is the re-edition of our first album purelake. This is a simple album, maybe easy in arrangements and also too much " naif " but this cd is on my heart for their simple sweetness in some melodies. Fairy tales meanings in a poetic language to speak about our meanings about silent dimension of the space ..this is our pure lake.

The Art of Dreams in a Little Bottle from 1998

This is the beginning of my walk to chamber and orchestral music of my present. It's a sinthesys beetween strings arrangements and silent sounds

Mindfloater from 2001

Our rock album, more energy, guitars bass and drums. But the meanings of words are the same, as a unique walk during all our life

Little Enchanted Void from 2009

Our most complex and difficult album....maybe too much difficult and complex, also in words and meanings. Now I'm studying astrophysics and I understand better that about some meanings about cosmology and dark matter in the universe are able to speak only scientists..not mindflower

For those of us unknown with your music; how would you describe you music and which bands would you compare yourself with ?

We like to describe our kind of music as " chamber prog rock " and we are walking to more silent and simple meanings in music and words. We're reaching the silence!! I can speak about my music interests: Erik Satie, Claude Debussy, Mike Oldfield..

How is the creative processes in your band from coming up with an idea to it's being recorded ?

Sadly our process is very slow, maybe we're too much old, tired men and we're not Genesis so for a little and unknown band is very difficult to make real every project and dream because all problems of life are more great. Then we never play live our music, this was a big problem for us.

Little Enchanted Void was released two years ago. What have you been up to since the release of this album and what is your current status ? What is your future plans ?

Sadly our hair are gray now and our hearts are very tired. This is the problem and for this we are very slow in our works. But now with new energy we're working to a new project for a " chamber rock " re-edition of our first albun called purelake with maybe new songs

To wrap up this interview, is there anything you want to add to this interview ?

Many and many thanks to all ( maybe really few people ) that are interested in our music and the meanings of our songs and we apologize because for our age and difficult lifes we can't do all in our dreams

Thank you  to Fabio for this interview

Their PA profile is here and their homepage's here

Post Reply Post Reply