Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCressida news-reformation, London gig etc.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cressida news-reformation, London gig etc.
    Posted: November 02 2011 at 14:20
That's great!!!! Cressida is one of my favorite bands. I will wait to listen to the new songs.Big smile
Sonorous Meal show every Sunday at 20:00 (greek time) on http://www.justincaseradio.com
toroddfuglesteg View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Retired

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2011 at 13:09
"I am delighted to announce that the next release in Record Collector’s Rare Record Club is Trapped In Time: The Lost Tapes by Cressida. As you are probably aware, Cressida released two albums on the legendary Vertigo label in 1970 and 1971 that are highly collectable today. Trapped In Time: The Lost Tapes is a collection of unheard early demos recorded by the band prior to being signed to Vertigo as well as three tracks that have never been heard before. We are pressing a limited edition of 750 copies that come in a special gatefold sleeve specially designed for this release that are sure to be snapped up by lovers of the Vertigo Swirl. The album is priced at £19.99 and can be ordered directly from Record Collector.

Please email [email protected] if you would like to buy a copy.

To coincide with the release of Trapped In Time: The Lost Tapes Cressida have reformed to play a special one-off gig at the Underworld, Camden, London on 2 December 2011. The line-up of original members - Angus Cullen (vocals), Peter Jennings (keyboards), Kevin McCarthy (bass), Iain Clark (drums) as well as Roger Niven (guitar) - have been in intense rehearsals and are itching to deliver a set that will feature all tracks from their eponymous debut album from 1970, as well as Asylum from 1971. Even the three unreleased tracks on Trapped In Time – Sad Eyed Fairy, Situation and Mental Health – will get an airing. “We are all really excited about doing the gig,” Iain Clark told me, “the gig will be a pretty significant occasion for us. Not only will it be the first time we have been together on stage for many years, but there will be a new generation of Cressida fans who have never seen the band live.” One of that new generation of fans is Opeth’s main cog Mikael Akerfeldt who has been a massive fan for years. Sadly, due to worldwide touring commitments to promote their new LP Heritage he won’t be able to make it to Underworld on 2 December; “I’m pretty bummed out about not being able to see them myself as I’m probably on a ‘plane somewhere, but I’m hoping I will get more chances. I advise everyone reading this to go and check them out. Super swinging Hammond based rock that sounds nothing like anything else I’ve heard.”
Tickets for the gig are £15 and can be bought either directly from the group (cressida-group.co.uk or click the flyer above), through usual ticket outlets like those below:

theunderwordcamden.co.uk
ticketweb.co.uk
seetickets.com
stargreen.com

or directly from the venue at the World’s End pub above the venue. Cressida have let us know that they will be more than happy to sign copies of Trapped In Time: The Lost Tapes on the night"

Ian Shirley
Editor, RARE RECORD PRICE GUIDE
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Retired

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2011 at 04:23

New Cressida album: 

Cressida have announced they recently signed a deal for the release of a new album of never-before heard tracks. Details of the album which is due out in November and titled "Trapped In Time: The Lost Tapes" will be posted here and on the band's web site very soon. Watch this space!

musicbandit View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2011 at 11:11
Excellent. I'm quite keen on the first album but the second is really sublime!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Retired

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2011 at 10:32

And happy news it is..........

The remaining four members had a get together earlier this month/end of last month. As in many cases with happy get togethers again, the band has kind of reformed again. A gig has been set for The Underworld, Camden Town, London on Friday 2nd December 2011.

A new website with more info about the gig above and I am sure; a lot of other upcoming news will be posted too, can be found here.

It is a good website too so bookmark it. The 2 for 1 CD with their two albums is still available from most good shops for a decent price.  

Just a reminder that I interviewed the band some months ago. The interview is here

Post Reply Post Reply