Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Post 70's Prog WC, R.Of 32:GY!BE vs. Spock's Beard
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPost 70's Prog WC, R.Of 32:GY!BE vs. Spock's Beard

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Poll Question: pick your favorite
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
55 [52.88%]
49 [47.12%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2011 at 08:29
I do think the next time someone runs a poll like this it should be higher average ratings, not total number of ratings. Otherwise bands who are well-known get even more of an advantage over lesser-known groups than they already have.

Also, if I were running this thing SB would be disqualified for trying to manipulate the poll.

That is all.
Earendil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2011 at 09:44
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2011 at 09:53
I love how GY!BE is doing a lot better than SB now that the poll is over.
Roland113 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2011 at 10:46
Originally posted by Warthur Warthur wrote:

I do think the next time someone runs a poll like this it should be higher average ratings, not total number of ratings. Otherwise bands who are well-known get even more of an advantage over lesser-known groups than they already have.

Also, if I were running this thing SB would be disqualified for trying to manipulate the poll.

That is all.

We look forward to the poll that you run, that way you can have your own set of rules.

Also, to anyone that is surprised, Morningrise posted on page 4 of this thread that Spock's Beard had the tiebreaker.  

Yes, I'm glad that the Beard advanced, but regardless of who won this poll, the rules and the tie breaking procedure was clearly laid out over the summer.  This shouldn't have come as a surprise.  This isn't a haha, my band won thing, I think you all know me well enough to know that I'd defend Morningrise's right to set his own rules.

Bottom line, Morningrise's tournament, Morningrise's rules.  

Edited by Roland113 - September 25 2011 at 10:54
-------someone please tell him to delete this line, he looks like a noob-------

I don't have an unnatural obsession with Disney Princesses, I have a fourteen year old daughter and coping mechanisms.
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2011 at 11:35
We're just stating the flaws of the competition, whether it's for future reference or for changes that could be changed now.

There is a difference from criticism and insulting.

Morningrise View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2011 at 11:51

That is all.

Let's put it the other way. Bands like Dream Theater, Spock's Beard, The Flower Kings have the "low" ratings they have  only because there are people that without even listening to the albums, the take their time to rate it 1 star. Just because they  are named Spock's Beard. So if I'd follow that criteria, fans of  that bands may start complaining too.

About Spock's Beard trying to manipulate the poll, it's all the other way around. It's an honor for me to have done something on the site that received attention from an actual band. An important and beloved one if I may say so. Besides, if you look at the posts of those people who registered on PA and tried to vote, you will see that they still are far from reaching the amount necessary. So it's impossible that they had voted.

That is the link of the first series of these polls we've had, held on June 4th. On page 3 is where I started explaining about the tiebreaker criteria. Initially I had another idea on my mind, but harmonium.ro made me realise it wasn't the best one, so I changed my mind. So no one can accuse me of having it my own way and not listening to people's critics, or advise. I even had another idea on my mind for  the 2nd places poll, that I submitted to a poll. It didn't have
acceptance between you guys, so once again I changed my mind. Until now, I had no complaints about the tiebreaker. Even when I explained it and reminded people about it several times. Now that it became an important part of the competition, I'm receiving sh**loads of critics. I don't even think it's because you wanted GY!BE to advance. You just wanted Spock's Beard out. I'm sorry guys. You had a deadline to reach the necessary amount of votes needed and you couldn't. Better luck next time.

So from now onwards, I'll just continue running the WC the way I've been doing it. And I won't take the time to answer any more complaints. I'll just ignore them. Now I'll really have it my way.
criticdrummer94 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2011 at 11:52
Spock's Beard the most current I get in prog music

MY IDOLS
Roland113 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2011 at 11:58
Originally posted by Morningrise Morningrise wrote:

That is all.

Let's put it the other way. Bands like Dream Theater, Spock's Beard, The Flower Kings have the "low" ratings they have  only because there are people that without even listening to the albums, the take their time to rate it 1 star. Just because they  are named Spock's Beard. So if I'd follow that criteria, fans of  that bands may start complaining too.

About Spock's Beard trying to manipulate the poll, it's all the other way around. It's an honor for me to have done something on the site that received attention from an actual band. An important and beloved one if I may say so. Besides, if you look at the posts of those people who registered on PA and tried to vote, you will see that they still are far from reaching the amount necessary. So it's impossible that they had voted.

That is the link of the first series of these polls we've had, held on June 4th. On page 3 is where I started explaining about the tiebreaker criteria. Initially I had another idea on my mind, but harmonium.ro made me realise it wasn't the best one, so I changed my mind. So no one can accuse me of having it my own way and not listening to people's critics, or advise. I even had another idea on my mind for  the 2nd places poll, that I submitted to a poll. It didn't have
acceptance between you guys, so once again I changed my mind. Until now, I had no complaints about the tiebreaker. Even when I explained it and reminded people about it several times. Now that it became an important part of the competition, I'm receiving sh**loads of critics. I don't even think it's because you wanted GY!BE to advance. You just wanted Spock's Beard out. I'm sorry guys. You had a deadline to reach the necessary amount of votes needed and you couldn't. Better luck next time.

So from now onwards, I'll just continue running the WC the way I've been doing it. And I won't take the time to answer any more complaints. I'll just ignore them. Now I'll really have it my way.

Clap
-------someone please tell him to delete this line, he looks like a noob-------

I don't have an unnatural obsession with Disney Princesses, I have a fourteen year old daughter and coping mechanisms.
Morningrise View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2011 at 12:03
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

We're just stating the flaws of the competition, whether it's for future reference or for changes that could be changed now.

Trust me. If all the guys criticising on this site were like you, I would accept all the critics. Thumbs Up

Unluckily, they aren't. So I'm kinda fed up with this.
Warthur View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2011 at 12:52

Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

Trust me. If all the guys criticising on this site were like you, I would accept all the critics. Thumbs Up

Unluckily, they aren't. So I'm kinda fed up with this.
I am at a complete loss as to how my post could have been mistaken for being insulting in any respect.
Anthony H. View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2011 at 12:55
THIS POLL IS OVER
Nov View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2011 at 13:14

Excellent!!

Keep up the good work.

Smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011