Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Phideaux / Rob Martino-Orion Studios,Baltimore,USA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPhideaux / Rob Martino-Orion Studios,Baltimore,USA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phideaux / Rob Martino-Orion Studios,Baltimore,USA
    Posted: September 24 2011 at 21:35
Greetings friends, I wanted to invite folks to Orion Studios on October 1 for a low key recording/show.

Orion is in Baltimore and hosts a great showcase series of eclectic music.  http://www.orionsound.com/

The fantastic stick player/composer Rob Martino will open the show and then we will play a set.

I'm excited to record the show since our live arrangements are quite different from the album versions and I'd like to collect this phase of the music before we go into hibernation.

After Baltimore, we plan to devote our time to the various recording efforts we have begun over the past couple of years.  So catch us now if you wish to catch us.  Otherwise, we will have some live album to hawk soon enough.

Phase one is nearly complete. 
Garden of Dreams View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2011 at 21:51
Do you have a time when you play or how much ticket's cost? I live an hour or so away from Baltimore and I would love to go.
Just give it all an hour by the concrete lake.
Phideaux View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2011 at 01:25
I think we play around 8 or 9, and tickets are not going to be too much...  Gads, I never even thought about ticket prices...  I wonder what Mike charges for Orion...   The aristocrats are $20, so it's possible that we will be as well, but it's also possible we will be 15.  I will post more as I get it.  check the orion website as well. 

But, it will be a fun, intimate time. 
madmike View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2011 at 01:55
Excellent news.  Probably won't be able to make it out to Baltimore then, but can't wait to see (or is hear the more operative term here?) the fruits of this event.
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2011 at 07:09
Say hello to the rice clients. Tongue

For some reason The Code Talkers' Five Formosan Rice Clients Of Baltimore song popped into my head when I read the thread title.LOL
http://www.archive.org/details/ct2001-09-29.flac16

Edited by Slartibartfast - September 25 2011 at 07:14
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2011 at 07:40
Will there be some form of cheap transportation - like bus accommodations, steamboats or hot air balloons for those of us who live in say Scandinavia?

Seriously, I´d love to see Phideaux in live concert, but it might be a tad difficultOuch 
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
fandrews View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2011 at 23:10
Don;t forget the west coast. Really, really want to see Phideaux somewhere between LA and San Diego!!!
My sister lives outside Baltimore but I was just there a few months ago. Please don't forget about the fans in California!!!!
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2011 at 21:11
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Will there be some form of cheap transportation - like bus accommodations, steamboats or hot air balloons for those of us who live in say Scandinavia?

Seriously, I´d love to see Phideaux in live concert, but it might be a tad difficultOuch 

There will be a bus ride from Scandinavia but the voyage will be rather difficult.
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2011 at 21:17
Wish I was closer - sounds like it'll be an awesome show!
TheGazzardian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2011 at 21:25
Originally posted by Phideaux Phideaux wrote:

Greetings friends, I wanted to invite folks to Orion Studios on October 1 for a low key recording/show.

Orion is in Baltimore and hosts a great showcase series of eclectic music.  http://www.orionsound.com/

The fantastic stick player/composer Rob Martino will open the show and then we will play a set.

I'm excited to record the show since our live arrangements are quite different from the album versions and I'd like to collect this phase of the music before we go into hibernation.

After Baltimore, we plan to devote our time to the various recording efforts we have begun over the past couple of years.  So catch us now if you wish to catch us.  Otherwise, we will have some live album to hawk soon enough.

Phase one is nearly complete. 

Yesssssssssssss

What's phase 2?

Edited by TheGazzardian - September 27 2011 at 21:26
Garden of Dreams View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2011 at 07:11
I can't wait for Saturday. This is going to be great!

Edited by Garden of Dreams - September 29 2011 at 07:11
Just give it all an hour by the concrete lake.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2011 at 07:32
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

There will be a bus ride from Scandinavia but the voyage will be rather difficult.

Just let me know where to go - and I´m up for the road trip through Russia.... 
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Phideaux View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2011 at 18:28
Sorry we couldn't get the bus rides from Scandinavia up and running.  If we had, we surely would have had a stop in Russia. 

the show was such fun and we are thankful for the friends who came to support us in our last show.  Thank you and it was a pleasure to serve.

Who knows what the future will bring?
 Post Reply Post Reply