Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Blogs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAlan's Free [Prog.] Electronic Blog

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2012 at 19:03

Our resident wombat, Vompatti, has recently released a new album, so I feel obligated to share it with everyone who is unaware. Reverberations of a Disquieting Wail is 27-minute minimal noise epic focused around fuzzy industrial free-form melodic sonorities that sound like upsetting whale calls. The track starts off calm and collecting but becomes more and more unsettling and distorted as it wears on, progressing clearly from whispery ambient to harsh industrial noise to almost an electronic grunge distortion-fest. Like many industrial electronic works by Maurizio Bianchi, this album has a very raw production sound to it that only enhances the otherworldly mechanical quality that makes it so compelling. Reverberations of a Disquieting Wail is the perfect audio-depiction of those times where you just hate yourself and can feel your consciousness releasing a deafening scream that only you yourself can actually hear and understand, and Vompatti deserves a listen for being able to clearly put this emotion into recording so we can know that we're not alone. Huzzah!

DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2012 at 02:59
^ Very cool nightmare he's created ... Vomp rules. Thumbs Up
colorofmoney91 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2012 at 18:40

I dedicate this post to my friend Horizons. Recommended to me by my friend Guldbamsen is this album called Hechos Tocantes al Joven Kostia Bogomov. Moradores del Otro Mundo by Koroiev, an artist who apparently is from Spain. I have no idea what the title means and I kind of don't care, but the music is very clean and modern sounding Berlin school type of electronic music. One of the standout elements of this album is the increased attention on the lower register sounds, booming and pulsing throughout where most Berlin school simply slacks off. Something that really entranced me on the first listen was the middle portion of the second track that includes booming percussion similar to the buildup sections on Sigur Ros' Takk... album that is combined with a somber accordion melody and sweet vocaliztions -- very interesting for this genre. Much of this album relies less on repetition than some other Berlin school-inspired albums that I've heard, which I guess would make it a good start for someone who already has negative thoughts on the genre. Also, word is that this artist might be added to PA soon.

Worth mentioning also is Vompatti's new new album, Light Bright Enough to Eclipse the Arrayed Constellations of the Midnight Sky, or LBEtEtACotMS. Enjoy!

Edited by colorofmoney91 - March 21 2012 at 10:27
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2012 at 03:59
^ Love it ... mellow, sometimes cynical, and graceful stuffs really. Cool
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2012 at 11:11
I'm glad you enjoy it! 
cindywang View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Jordan Shoes Spam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2012 at 20:40
good blog,i will come again
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2012 at 20:49
You must be Vompatti's sister. I didn't know his last name was Wang.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2012 at 20:52
lol

wang

come again

lol
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2012 at 20:54
Sandy Wang
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2012 at 07:28
Originally posted by colorofmoney91 colorofmoney91 wrote:

You must be Vompatti's sister. I didn't know his last name was Wang.
Vomps has never worn phony-Jordan Shoes. Tongue
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2012 at 13:49

Well I've officially given up on updating this blog on a regular schedule, so I'll be updating very irregularly instead. Between school, teaching myself 日本語 from scratch, and writing my own crappy music to share with someone eventually, I'm a very busy/increasingly lazy person.

But, I still present you with an album by Shahs called Guts. This is a little different from the electronic music I would normally post because it has a strong leaning towards krautrock (specifically reminding me of Can's more electronic albums), but in a way that is somewhat poppy yet still experimental, kind of like a very lo-fi version of Animal Collective -- I'll call it krautpop. Whatever you'd like to call it, it's quite hypnotizing and has the dense smokey production that you'd expect of something lo-fi from the '70s to sound now. I can't be entirely sure, but I think drugs were involved during the making of Guts. Anyway, fans of experimental German music from back in the day or fans of dancy, bouncy strangeness should find enjoyment in this short album. They have a few more recordings available for free on their bandcamp, and their recent live recording is nice. Enjoy!

Also, I've been in grindcore mode lately, so here's some non-prog electronic electronic grindcore remix -- my favorite Agoraphobic Nosebleed song for your enjoyment. Enjoy! Or not!

Edited by colorofmoney91 - April 06 2012 at 13:51
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2012 at 13:19
Hey Alan!

I just wanted to pop by and say that I think you are doing a wonderful job with your blog. I may not be the most frequent poster up in here, but I very much enjoy reading it on a daily basis - or whenever something goes down.
So here's to you Monsieur Bib BibClap
I love your work dude!
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2012 at 13:54
You're so sweet, David Embarrassed

ほんとうにありがとう。 (Thank you very much)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2012 at 14:00
I love it when you turn Eastern on me... Rrrauuw! 

Just for the record, I just completed the bio for Koroiev(although that is somewhat of an overstatement, as this guy has next to nothing written about him anywhere. He may well be a bot with a sense of melody and timing...) - so hopefully we'll see him on PA soonishBig smile
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2012 at 14:37
Nice! I've been anticipating his addition. That really is a fantastic free album he's released, though I've yet to check out his previous album.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2012 at 14:53
Yep, I am loving it as well. I really love his spin on the old school Berlin School. Especially with those Manu Chao vocalizations, which incidentally just have been updated, so they're brighter and clearer in the mix.

BTW That first one - I think it's an EP. 

- Douglas Adams
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2012 at 15:10
I notice that the cover had been changed but I wasn't aware that the music had been altered too Shocked

I guess I need to listen to the newer version.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2012 at 19:10

Though it's not electronically-based music, I feel compelled to share with you the recently released Decease Estates by Superdensecrushloadfactor, the music from the mind of one of our fellow PA members. The music on this album is quite lo-fi and will feel comfortable with fans of garage indie music, whereas people unfamiliar with this type of production may take some time to get used to it, but the music contained within is well worth the effort. The best comparison that I can make to this album would be Bath by maudlin of the Well, with thick avant metal sections, profoundly beautiful and melancholic passages, and there is even dashes of playful punk music tossed in. To pick some favorites -- "Vandalize Stock Photos" starts off with an experimental yet beautiful guitar riff that sounds very similar to traditional Chinese music, then at around the 6-minute mark the composition takes a turn for a more melancholic melody reminiscent of overlooking winter scenery on a lonely dawn; "Subliminals Repeat Until They Become Blatant" is energetic with bright guitar melodies contrasted with heavy guitar melodies, sporadic drumming, and the way the song flows makes me think of the best parts of Yes' Relayer; "Progress" is a short, catchy tune with a very punk attitude, and in combination with the longer experimental tracks on this album, gives off a kind of Cheer-Accident effect. Anyway, if you're into avant-melodic music, then this should be on your list of albums to check out. It's offered up as a free download but you're able to donate some money if you'd like to -- if I had money, I would.

Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2012 at 07:28
^ Electrotinged-avant-folk? I love this. Headbanger
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2012 at 07:32
 Headbanger
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>