Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > News from Official Prog Suppliers
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Metal Mind to release a new album by Leash Eye!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMetal Mind to release a new album by Leash Eye!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Metal Mind to release a new album by Leash Eye!
    Posted: October 04 2011 at 11:15
Metal Mind Productions is proud to announce the release of the new album by the Polish band Leash Eye.

Metal/Southern Rock band Leash Eye was founded by three friends, playing for their own enjoyment. As their musical goal, the band decided to follow the same road as the one chosen by Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Kyuss, Tool, Illusion, and Spiritual Beggars. In March 1999, the band recorded 5 songs, which were featured on their promo CD. The change of the lead singer in 2003 triggered also a change of their style - these days Leash Eye stands for melodious hard rock of the 70's, accompanied by heavy, modern sounds and classic vocals. In Autumn 2009, Leash Eye's debut album "V.E.N.I", featuring guest appearance of Riverside's Michał Łapaja on the Hammond organ, sees the light of day. The album met with the acclaim of both the critics and the listeners. The year 2010 is marked by intense work on new songs, which are to be included on the band's new full-length album. Ultimately, 10 out of 13 compositions are chosen and, in the beginning of 2011, the band enter Sound Division Studio in Warsaw to record their 2nd album "V.I.D.I.", with Behemoth's Orion as the producer and Vesania's Heinrich as sound engineer.
The year 2011 is, so far, definitely the most successful year in Leash Eye's career. They win Antyradio's competition and, as the result, their right to perform at Sonisphere Festival next to Motorhead and Iron Maiden. Also, they represent Poland at Wacken Open Air festival, where they perform as the winners of Polish edition of Wacken Metal Battle.

And still the best is yet to come. Their second full studio album “V.I.D.I.” will be released by Metal Mind Productions on the 16th of November in Europe and 10th of January 2012 in USA (via MVD).

The album features 10 tracks whose titles are associated with ‘road movies’. Fans of Tarantino and Rodriguez’s films will easily read the allusion of the front cover.

More info to follow soon!

--------------------------------------
Metal Mind Productions - Promo Dept.
Katowice POLAND

Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2011 at 11:24
Hey Bob, they're not in PA. This thread should go some place else not to a Progressive Music Lounge. Tongue
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2011 at 12:28
.. hence the reason this is not in the "prog news" section. (Metal Minds are an "official prog supplier", they have done much in recent years to keep the prog flag flying.)
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2011 at 13:44
But it's still in one of Progressive Music Lounges

"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2011 at 14:21
On November, 14th Metal Mind Productions will release of the second studio album by the Polish stoner rock/metal band Leash Eye. The album entitled “V.I.D.I” features 10 tracks whose titles are associated with ‘road movies’. And today you can listen to the first track promoting this release. “Trucker Song” is available on Metal Mind Productions’ page on Soundcloud.

Leash Eye was founded by three friends, playing for their own enjoyment. As their musical goal, the band decided to follow the same road as the one chosen by Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Kyuss, Tool, Illusion, and Spiritual Beggars. In March 1999, the band recorded 5 songs, which were featured on their promo CD. The change of the lead singer in 2003 triggered also a change of their style - these days Leash Eye stands for melodious hard rock of the 70's, accompanied by heavy, modern sounds and classic vocals. In Autumn 2009, Leash Eye's debut album "V.E.N.I", featuring guest appearance of Riverside's Michał Łapaj on the Hammond organ, sees the light of day. The album met with the acclaim of both the critics and the listeners. The year 2010 is marked by intense work on new songs, which are to be included on the band's new full-length album. Ultimately, 10 out of 13 compositions are chosen and, in the beginning of 2011, the band enter Sound Division Studio in Warsaw to record their 2nd album "V.I.D.I.", with Behemoth's Orion as the producer and Vesania's Heinrich as sound engineer.

The year 2011 is, so far, definitely the most successful year in Leash Eye's career. They win Antyradio's competition and, as the result, their right to perform at Sonisphere Festival next to Motorhead and Iron Maiden. Also, they represent Poland at Wacken Open Air festival, where they perform as the winners of Polish edition of Wacken Metal Battle.

And still the best is yet to come. Their second full studio album “V.I.D.I.” will be released by Metal Mind Productions on the 14th of November in Europe and 10th of January 2012 in USA (via MVD). The album features 10 tracks whose titles are associated with ‘road movies’.

Leash Eye - V.I.D.I
Label: Metal Mind Records
Cat. No.: MMP CD 0699 DG
Barcode: 5907785037175
Format: CD DG
Genre: stoner rock/metal
Release date: 14.11.2011 Europe / 10.01.2012 USA

Tracklist:

1. Deathproof (Charger vs Challenger)
2. One Time, Two Times
3. Headin' For Disaster
4. Open Up, Chris
5. Her Rose's Flavour
6. Trucker Song
7. The Road
8. The Streets Of Will
9. The Warmth
10. F.H.T.W.

--------------------------------------
Metal Mind Productions - Promo Dept.
www.metalmind.com.pl / www.myspace.com/metalmindproductions
Become a fan on www.facebook.com/metalmindproductions
ul. Czajek 31, 40-534 Katowice POLAND

lucas View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2011 at 17:52
yes, all announces from Metal Mind are either linked to AOR or thrash metal...

They may reissue some prog but their back catalogue is essentially rooted in METAL, hence the name of the label (lol).

"Magma was the very first gothic rock band" (Didier Lockwood)
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2011 at 18:27
Originally posted by lucas lucas wrote:

yes, all announces from Metal Mind are either linked to AOR or thrash metal...

They may reissue some prog but their back catalogue is essentially rooted in METAL, hence the name of the label (lol).

They have released two dozen or so of live DVDs by prog bands, and cater for acts such as SBB and Believe. New material mind you, not reissues.
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
lucas View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2011 at 18:42

^

anytime I see an annoucement about a new release by metal mind in this section of PA, it's about the re-issue of albums by an AOR band or a metal band.

MMP (metal mind productions) started as a strictly metal label (and by metal, I mean essentially extreme metal, I remember buying tapes of Paradise Lost, Death, Sup, Nocturnus, Morbid Saint back distributed by MMP in early nineties in Poland), it seems that now they reach for a wider public by taking under their wings polish prog rock bands.    
"Magma was the very first gothic rock band" (Didier Lockwood)
 Post Reply Post Reply