Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Tribute Bands and Prog Radio
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - UK Genesis tribute band - 2 nights, 4 albums!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedUK Genesis tribute band - 2 nights, 4 albums!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Nov View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: UK Genesis tribute band - 2 nights, 4 albums!!!!
    Posted: February 10 2012 at 10:38
Not too many tickets left for either night so get in there quick or they'll all be gone......

Nov View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2011 at 16:10
Originally posted by trench62 trench62 wrote:

I've seen them 4 times at the Robin  in bilston and a couple of times at solihull arts centre, everytime pure magic !

I saw them at The Robin back in January - what a fantastic night. I drunk rather a lot though Wink

Quote I will be going to the robin again in january

I wish I could but I've got a gig with one of my own bands that night Cry

Quote and also the 2 nighter at the stables

Defintely Wink

Have you got your tickets yet?

Quote suppers ready by g2 is as good as the original, other favs are  Firth of forth,afterglow , cinema show and the musical box (rarely performed,unfortunatly !)

Those are all really strong for G2........and we'll hear them all at The Stables Smile

Edited by Nov - December 15 2011 at 16:11
trench62 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2011 at 23:54
I've seen them 4 times at the Robin  in bilston and a couple of times at solihull arts centre, everytime pure magic !

I will be going to the robin again in january and also the 2 nighter at the stables

suppers ready by g2 is as good as the original, other favs are  Firth of forth,afterglow , cinema show and the musical box (rarely performed,unfortunatly !)

Edited by trench62 - November 08 2011 at 00:19
Nov View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2011 at 17:20

So, will you be going to these special gigs then?

I'm going in work late tomorrow so that I can buy tickets as soon as they go on sale Wink

Where have you seen them?

Edited by Nov - November 07 2011 at 17:21
trench62 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2011 at 03:43
I have seen them play about 6 times now and the shows are magnificent..................by far the best Genesis cover band about !!!!!!!!!!
Nov View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2011 at 08:35
(I obviously posted this in the wrong section before and it was unceromoniously deleted so I'll try again here)

G2 Definitive Genesis

After playing sold out shows at The Stables in Milton Keynes for the last four years running, G2 is returning for two special shows in 2012. In celebration of the 40th anniversary of Foxtrot's release, the band originally planned to play that album in full, but have now decided to perform four classic albums in their entirety over the two nights!

The two shows will feature one album from the early '70s 'Peter Gabriel' years, and one from the mid '70s 'Phil Collins' years:

On Friday 11th May G2 will be performing classics such as Dance On A volcano, Entangled and Los Endos from 'A Trick Of The Tail', and Watcher Of The Skies, Can-Utility And The Coastliners and the epic Supper's Ready from 'Foxtrot'.

On Saturday 12th May the show will include songs like One For The Vine, Blood On The Rooftops and Afterglow from 'Wind & Wuthering', and Firth Of Fifth, Cinema Show and I Know What I Like from 'Selling England By The Pound'

There will be no repeated material between the two nights, so anyone attending both shows will get to hear 4 hours of Vintage Genesis lovingly recreated!

So take a little trip back and relive those wonderful moments of your Genesis musical history with G2.

For more information see www.g2online.co.uk

Post Reply Post Reply