Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Internal news
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Winner of the Queensr˙che/LoudTrax.com/PA contest
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWinner of the Queensr˙che/LoudTrax.com/PA contest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winner of the Queensr˙che/LoudTrax.com/PA contest
    Posted: October 17 2011 at 12:25
Hi all,

Earlier we created a Queensr˙che/LoudTrax.com/Progarchives.com giveaway (to win an autographed Queensryche lithograph) and allow PA members to ask questions to Geoff Tate of Queensryche.

Here's the Geoff Tate's answers to member's questions (giveaway winner name below)

Roxie  
Q) We like to play "Queensryche desert island" if you were marooned on a desert island, what 3 QR albums would you MUST have with you? It's not easy! For you guys, what 3 albums (by anyone) would be a MUST to have with you if you were marooned on an island?

Tate) Living on a desert Island would be my idea of paradise so I would choose music that was more up beat and positive so my Queensryche choices would be the new disc Dedicated to Chaos, Q2K and Hear in the Now Frontier. As far as other music, I would choose Eyes on the Horizon by Joe Euro, Sacred Chants of Devi by Ananda and Craig Pruess and Portals of Grace by Azam Ali.

Rune2000 & Harry Hood
Q)I would like to know if you have any plans of continuing the Operation: Mindcrime storyline in the future?
Tate) No plans as of yet.

Negoba   & Alitare  
Q) Do you consider doing another exploratory / experimental record like Promised Land?
Tate) I consider every record by Queensryche to be exploratory/ experimental.

Negoba 
Q)I recall interviews when Mindcrime was released, where the guitars were put in boxes to get an "icy" kind of effect? Do you still experiment to try to get tones that have never quite been heard before?
Tate) Absolutely. The new disc, Dedicated to Chaos is filled with guitar sounds that are unique and diverse.  Most all of the music is guitar based arrangements.

Fernandi  
Q) It's been a long time since the last time Queensryche made a long song (nearly 10 minutes). Any chance of us to see you make a long song again in the future?
Tate) Oh sure. Definitely.

guitarherosucks  
Q) With the shift to the Roadrunner record label (great move by the way), will you consider implementing a heavier, more guitar-oriented approach to new material, with more focus on aggressive, punchy riffs, energy and intensity? Thanks Queensryche for showing your appreciation for the fans by making the effort to hear our voices and opinions.
Tate) After making 12 studio albums of guitar based music, I would say yes. But that decision would have nothing to do with Roadrunner Records.

Polo 
Q) Is the album cover a homage to Magma?
A) I’m unfamiliar with Magma. So now it is not.

and the winner of the signed lithograph is senor_velasco (full name Bruce Carlson). He's already been contacted about this.

Thanks to all for your participation.
Thanks to Antonio Marsillo @ Loudtrax.com for setting this up.

M@X

Prog On !
Negoba View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2011 at 12:54
Thanks M@X for the contest, and thanks to Geoff for taking the time to answer our questions.
You are quite a fine person, and I am very fond of you. But you are only quite a little fellow, in a wide world, after all.
Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2011 at 13:07
Aw, Geoff's not a Magma fan. :(
if you own a sodastream i hate you
Rune2000 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2011 at 15:11
Awesome! Thumbs Up