5 [14.29%]
10 [28.57%]
10 [28.57%]
5 [14.29%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote criticdrummer94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Classic Kraftwerk album
    Posted: October 18 2011 at 07:04
To me, the classic Kraftwerk albums. Which is your favorite

MY IDOLS
colorofmoney91 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colorofmoney91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2011 at 07:14
Kraftwerk 2 is my favorite, but out of the ones you chose for this poll, I'd say The Man-Machine.
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2011 at 08:10
Love every album up to 1981, Including the three first. Went for Trans-Europe Express in this poll, but I don't really like it more than Man Machine. Kind of enjoy Electric Cafe as well.

thellama73 View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thellama73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2011 at 09:50
Man Machine is probably the best, objectively, but I have a soft spot for Radio-Activity so I voted for that.
akaBona View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akaBona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2011 at 10:19
soft spot for Radio-Activity here also ...
Progosopher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progosopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2011 at 11:39
By pressing down a special key it plays a little melody.

1. Computer World
2. Autobahn
3. The Man-Machine
4. Trans-Europe Express
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2011 at 12:19
I'm more into pre-Autobahn Kraftwerk, and particularly like the self-titled.  Of these I'm going with Trans-Europa Express.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
akamaisondufromage View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akamaisondufromage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2011 at 12:52
Computer vurld
Help me I'm falling!
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2011 at 14:44
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

I'm more into pre-Autobahn Kraftwerk, and particularly like the self-titled.  Of these I'm going with Trans-Europa Express.

I also prefer the ealier ones that aren't on here.Just sayin'Big smile
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2011 at 15:28
In music history--The beats in Trans Europe Express were really important if you were into early hip-hop and were a break dancer ---I'm sure there are lot's of former break dancers here on PA who will rememberLOL 
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2011 at 15:52
Originally posted by Mellotron Storm Mellotron Storm wrote:

Count me in on that too. My favorite is the debut, which is a wonderful example of early Krautrock. 
Out of these I´m going for the Man-Machine, but the express is up there as well.
This is the best track on MM for me:

On another note, am I the only one who finds it mildly funny, that Coldplay actually copied "the riff" of Computer Love, when they made their top hit Talk?LOL It´s actually my fave from them...

Edited by Guldbamsen - October 18 2011 at 15:56
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Syzygy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syzygy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2011 at 16:02
Der Mensch-Machine gets my vote. I like pretty much everything Kraftwerk have released, although Electric Cafe and The Mix are decidedly non-essential. I'm also mildly surprised that there's no love for Tour de France here.
'Like so many of you
I've got my doubts about how much to contribute
to the already rich among us...'

Robert Wyatt, Gloria Gloom

Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2011 at 16:36
Originally posted by Syzygy Syzygy wrote:

I'm also mildly surprised that there's no love for Tour de France here.

I love my 7" from 1983 to death, but you might be thinking of the later album of the same name I never got into? I would be surprised even if just one person of all their fans would choose Tour de France 2003 as their Kraftwerk favorite.
Syzygy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syzygy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2011 at 17:06
Originally posted by Saperlipopette! Saperlipopette! wrote:

Originally posted by Syzygy Syzygy wrote:

I'm also mildly surprised that there's no love for Tour de France here.

I love my 7" from 1983 to death, but you might be thinking of the later album of the same name I never got into? I would be surprised even if just one person of all their fans would choose Tour de France 2003 as their Kraftwerk favorite.
I am indeed thinking of their 2003 album, and while it's not my absolute favourite I prefer it to The Mix and Electric Cafe, and would put it on a par with Computer World and Radio Activity.  
'Like so many of you
I've got my doubts about how much to contribute
to the already rich among us...'

Robert Wyatt, Gloria Gloom

infocat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infocat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2011 at 20:51
Only have TMM as of yet, but I like it a lot, so I certainly will get others at some point.
Didn't vote, though, to be fair.
--
Frank Swarbrick
Belief is not Truth.
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2011 at 21:09
Trans-Europe Express but it's all good.
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2011 at 21:40
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Originally posted by Mellotron Storm Mellotron Storm wrote:

Count me in on that too. My favorite is the debut, which is a wonderful example of early Krautrock. 
Out of these I´m going for the Man-Machine, but the express is up there as well.
This is the best track on MM for me:

On another note, am I the only one who finds it mildly funny, that Coldplay actually copied "the riff" of Computer Love, when they made their top hit Talk?LOL It´s actually my fave from them...

I recognized as soon as I bought the Coldplay CD--I think they admitted it was lifted--it's the exact riff--wonder if Kraftwerk got paid?
Earendil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earendil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2011 at 21:47
I've only listened to Man-Machine, and I thought it was dreadful.
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltyJon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2011 at 22:08
Of these, Autobahn.  I also prefer the two s/t albums. 
Roj View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2011 at 08:04
I am truly stunned.  When I saw the Poll title (and before I saw the options) I expected an Autobahn landslide, irrespective of the other options.

Not that I'd have voted for it.  For me it would be Trans Europe Express fractionally ahead of Computer World.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>