10 [28.57%]
10 [28.57%]
5 [14.29%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2011 at 08:17
That's a nice string of albums.  It's really a toss-up between Radio-Activity, Trans-Europe Express, and Computer World.  Today, I voted for Radio-Activity.   It's the darkest of the three.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
For Nobody's Bush View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote For Nobody's Bush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2018 at 17:50
I would have to say Radioactivitat. The geiger counter at the beginning is a great start, it's kind of a concept album, and Ohm Sweet Ohm may be played at my funeral, if you like.
Fischman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fischman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2018 at 18:02
I guess I'm in the mainstream on this one.  But electronic is admittedly not my sub-genre, so maybe I should only get 3/5 of a vote Stern Smile.
hieronymous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hieronymous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2018 at 10:52
I had to go with the Man-Machine - overall it's the strongest to me, where all the elements come together, kind of like their Moving Pictures or Close to the Edge. 

I came to love Computer World later on, I love the song Autobahn but always let down by side 2, Trans-Europe Express is great but kind of flat for me, Radioactivity sounds dated to me and just never grabbed me overall. But of course this is all opinion and probably says more about my personal tastes than it does about the music itself!
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2018 at 11:00
Originally posted by For Nobody's Bush For Nobody's Bush wrote:

I would have to say Radioactivitat. The geiger counter at the beginning is a great start, it's kind of a concept album, and Ohm Sweet Ohm may be played at my funeral, if you like.
I'd say all these albums are concept albums 
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2018 at 12:13
The Man-Machine, of course. It has: 1) the best sounds; 2) the best songs (as opposed to sketches, jams or improv). 
Modrigue View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Modrigue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2018 at 13:48
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

The Man-Machine, of course. It has: 1) the best sounds; 2) the best songs (as opposed to sketches, jams or improv). 

Yep!
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2018 at 14:16
None of these. "Kraftwerk 1", Kraftwerk 2" and "Ralf und Florian" are the best.

Of these I would choose "Radio-Activity".

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2018 at 14:25
I'm just surprised Autobahn has as few votes as it does.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2018 at 18:00
^ The Autobahners might have missed it because they were driving too fast.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2018 at 01:09
The Man Machine. But above all, their debut is far and away my favourite.
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2018 at 06:12
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

I'm just surprised Autobahn has as few votes as it does.
It's brilliant but I still think I prefer every album in the poll over it + I, II & Ralf und Florian  
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2018 at 06:48
One and Two are Excellent, but not perfect. Later it's the same. Computer World is refreshing, especially with that heat today in Paris !
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2018 at 07:25
I'm an operator with my pocket calculator.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2018 at 07:50
Hi,

None of them ... their very first albums (the double one?) was vastly superior than the well known albums.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2018 at 15:54
Autobahn 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2018 at 17:33
Love the last two of those listed, Man-Machine a bit more, and no. I of those that are left out.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2020 at 23:55
The Man-Machine 
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12