Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - maudlin of the Well release limited Edition BoxSet
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedmaudlin of the Well release limited Edition BoxSet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: maudlin of the Well release limited Edition BoxSet
    Posted: October 21 2011 at 06:58
From Antithetic Records:

"This has been a VERY long time coming, but this massive box set is becoming a reality

-Strictly limited to 500 copies, 250 for US and Canada (Antithetic), 250 for the rest of the world (Blood Music). Once these are gone, they're gone forever!
-The box itself will have a huge motW silver foil stamped logo on the front, and fully black flood printed interior.
-The 12" vinyl is pressed on 200 gram and each disc will be a different color, corresponding to the interlude on that disc.
-The vinyl will be inserted into black poly-lined inner sleeves
-The 12" gatefolds are on upgraded heavy weight board. They are featuring the original high resolution artwork that was scanned by Dark Symphonies at 1,200 dpi when this set was first being produced. The images are completely crisp and beautiful at full vinyl size!
-The 7" records will be on heavy weight 70 gram (equivalent to a 180/200 gram 12").
-7" vinyl will be in 100% poly inner sleeves
-All audio is being remastered from the original source for vinyl by Mell Dettmer at the Sinister Kitchen. Mell remastered the first 3 Antithetic releases for vinyl, and has also worked with Earth, Trap Them, Sun O))), Altar of Plagues, and many others. This will no doubt be a jaw dropping audio experience.
-A digital download card will be included which will be for both full lengths as well as The Secret Song in mp3 format.

There will be some items that will be included ONLY FOR PREORDERS!! Those are as follows:
-motW logo printed guitar pick
-motW logo screen printed patch (roughly 4" x 7")
-11x17 poster featuring new artwork exclusively made for this release by Toby Driver, and also signed by Toby Driver

After preorders are fulfilled, the boxes will only contain the 4 LP's in 2 gatefold jackets and the 7", and one 11x17 poster (not signed)."

Additionally,

"There will be 2 different options to buy. One will be the box set with all the goodies we've described before, for $75.  The other option will be with a maudlin of the Well shirt (there will actually be two versions as XXL shirts cost a couple dollars more).  These will be for $90 and $92 for S-XL shirts and XXL respectively.  The shirts will not be made available separately from the set, and we are only ordering enough to fill the orders that are placed.  The front design for the shirt is still being finalized, but the back of the shirt will be a replica of the original shirt released in 2001, of which there were only 100 made! Here's the awesome "Part the First" design that will be on the back:"

maudlin of the Well - Bath/Leaving Your Body Map 4xLP + 7" Box Set
http://antitheticrecords.storenvy.com/products/99572-maudlin-of-the-well-bath-leaving-your-body-map-4xlp-7-box-set

maudlin of the Well - Box + Shirt (S-XL)
http://antitheticrecords.storenvy.com/products/169275-maudlin-of-the-well-box-shirt-s-xl

maudlin of the Well - Box + Shirt (XXL)
http://antitheticrecords.storenvy.com/products/169272-maudlin-of-the-well-box-shirt-xxl

Enjoy Big smile

Edited by DreamInSong - October 21 2011 at 14:51
progkidjoel View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2011 at 07:08

At least make the title relevant

Ugh, 75+ postage? That'll probably be >100$ here then. Sucks. Might have to pass.

Edited by progkidjoel - October 21 2011 at 07:09
papashawn View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2011 at 09:18
We are doing this as a split release, Joel, you'd be ordering from Blood Music actually. 

USA/Canada - http://antitheticrecords.storenvy.com/

Rest of the World - http://bloodmusic.bigcartel.com/

These are going to be heavy, but beautiful boxes.  doing only 500 pieces of something this deluxe drives up the price, but that's why we're only doing it once!
OzzProg View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2011 at 11:42
Will the "Part the Second" part of this box set be identical to the one released last year? I feel very tempted to buy this, I just don't know if its worth it to have doubles of a vinyl that is only a year old.

Also

Is this going to be done in the near future with CDs by any chance? (Jewel case remasters!?)
papashawn View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2011 at 12:20
Originally posted by OzzProg OzzProg wrote:

Will the "Part the Second" part of this box set be identical to the one released last year? I feel very tempted to buy this, I just don't know if its worth it to have doubles of a vinyl that is only a year old.

Also

Is this going to be done in the near future with CDs by any chance? (Jewel case remasters!?)

There's no "Part the Second" part of this box.  It is strictly Bath, Leaving Your Body Map, and The Secret Song.  Also, there are no plans at the moment for a CD version of part the second.  I would imagine there's not a market for it since the album is available as a free high resolution download, that could easily be burned to a CD if need be.  The vinyl is the superior physical format with the large artwork, etc.
OzzProg View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2011 at 12:26
Alright I am glad to hear that this does not contain PtS, and will for sure be picking it up.

Quote Also, there are no plans at the moment for a CD version of part the second

As for CDs, I meant the entire motW category (I guess excluding PtS, since I agree with your point on it being an obsolete physical copy). Essentially the same box set as this, but with CDs instead. (I would buy it!)
papashawn View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2011 at 12:29
This box set contains a download card for the albums, so it kind of makes the CD versions obsolete as well, if you are buying the vinyl set already.
OzzProg View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2011 at 12:36
Well there you have it. I missed reading that point. this just keeps getting better and better!
papashawn View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2011 at 12:37
Yes, we weren't messing around when putting this thing together!  Its definitely the definitive version of these albums.
OzzProg View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2011 at 12:47
I get this error when trying to pay with PayPal (I would contact you via your E-mail, but it seems you are checking this quite regularly)

Originally posted by PayPal PayPal wrote:

We can't process payment right now, so please try again later. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Is this a problem with the PayPal service, something on your end, or something on mine?

EDIT: I've also tried 3 times already, and had the same problem.

Edited by OzzProg - October 21 2011 at 12:48
papashawn View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2011 at 12:50
I got an email from one other person saying that they've had a similar issue.  However, nearly 40 orders have gone through already without issue.  Try clearing your browser history and cookies, then re-enter the store and try to place the order.  If that doesn't work, email me and we'll work it out.  
OzzProg View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2011 at 12:51
Would it be a problem that I am Canadian, and I am currently at my girlfriend's place in the US?
NecronCommander View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog Metal Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2011 at 12:57
I got my boxset + T-shirt ordered!

Thanks for all the amazing work you're putting into this Shawn, I know the end results are gonna be fantastic and I can't wait to get my hands on it!
papashawn View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2011 at 13:00
Originally posted by OzzProg OzzProg wrote:

Would it be a problem that I am Canadian, and I am currently at my girlfriend's place in the US?

Not sure that would have an impact, but I'm still getting lots of orders coming through.  Try logging in with your GF's paypal to see if you can get past the point where you're seeing the error with yours (unless its the last step when you submit the order).  If that doesn't work, just email me from the site http://antitheticrecords.storenvy.com/contact and we'll figure out another way.
papashawn View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2011 at 13:02
Originally posted by NecronCommander NecronCommander wrote:

I got my boxset + T-shirt ordered!

Thanks for all the amazing work you're putting into this Shawn, I know the end results are gonna be fantastic and I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Thank you for the kind words and your support!  It means so much to me that people are so excited about this set.  This has been a labor of love for myself and for the Blood Music crew, and its just great to get these positive remarks.
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2011 at 14:19
When are  you stopping taking pre orders, I'm giving serious thought to getting this, even though I already have the 06 remasters of both albums, with LYBM including The Secret Song.
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

papashawn View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2011 at 14:20
Originally posted by sleeper sleeper wrote:

When are  you stopping taking pre orders, I'm giving serious thought to getting this, even though I already have the 06 remasters of both albums, with LYBM including The Secret Song.

We'll stop when we hit enough to move into production.  At the rate they're moving, I'd say in the next week or two we'll have enough.
OzzProg View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2011 at 18:33
Bought, bought.... Annnnddd bought. Thank you kindly for taking my money!
(p.s. I believe it was the country conflict not allowing me to place my order. I'm back in Canadand it worked just fine over here!)
The Neck Romancer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2011 at 18:44
Whoa, does that mean a guy in South America like me has to order from a store in Finland?

No thanks.

And to be honest, I'd kill for a remastered 4-cd boxset containing all motW albums.

Edited by Polo - October 21 2011 at 18:45
OzzProg View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2011 at 18:48
Originally posted by Polo Polo wrote:

And to be honest, I'd kill for a remastered 4-cd boxset containing all motW albums.

I'm torn. agree that having the vinyl and digital copy is the best of both worlds. But I love having CDs to listen to in the car! (yes, yes, I know you can burn to CD-R, but it isn't the same!)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>