Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hammers of Misfortune - new album "17th Street"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHammers of Misfortune - new album "17th Street"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hammers of Misfortune - new album "17th Street"
    Posted: October 27 2011 at 14:10
Just a quick post to let everyone know that this fine band have a new album called "17th Street" out as of Monday this week. The two newest line-up additions are female guitarist/vocalist Leila Abdul-Rauf (Saros, Vastum, Amber Asylum), and vocalist Joe Hutton (The Worship of Silence). You can read guitarist and band producer John Cobbett's take on the new album (you'll find it under the 'Biography" tab), listen to a track, and also order yourself a copy of the album here: http://www.metalblade.com/hammersofmisfortune/.
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2011 at 20:58
Big fan of the band, since they released The b*****d. The Locus Years is one of my favourite albums ever. The Fields trilogy of songs is one of my favourite songs ever. So I was looking forward to new material from them.

Just received the album this week (though didn't have time to listen to it properly). I'm not a big fan of Hutton's voice (I don't think it's bad, I just don't think it fits the music here; Mike Scalzi vocals are legendary in my mind and Patrick Goodwin did a fine job on Fields/Church..., as did Jesse Quattro). Anyhow, I like the songs I heard, which were released ahead of the release as promos.

Edited by avestin - October 27 2011 at 21:01
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2011 at 03:09
I love this band and hope this new album is excellent.
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2011 at 13:16
Heard the album attentively last night in bed (after another depressing day at work) and it managed to lift up my spirits a little. As usual Mr. Cobbett's riffs convey a sense of vitality, the melodies are catchy and memorable (and beautiful) and the songs are all very good; I enjoyed it a lot, which is what I was expecting. This band, to my ears, keeps on churning consistent quality heavy metal.
My minor gripe about the album is that I would have liked to hear more of Sigfrid's keyboards which were more prominent on previous releases. But otherwise, another wonderful release from this band. Love them!
 Post Reply Post Reply