Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New Millenium Prog Albums: Final!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Millenium Prog Albums: Final!

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: What's your favourite studio album released in 2001-2010?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
11 [14.47%]
8 [10.53%]
17 [22.37%]
23 [30.26%]
7 [9.21%]
10 [13.16%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message
digdug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: July 13 2005
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 2409
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digdug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2011 at 06:51
In Absentia just beats out

FOABP and SLS
Prog On!
Back to Top
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: December 20 2010
Status: Online
Points: 1286
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2011 at 07:01
Originally posted by TheClosing TheClosing wrote:

You certainly have the right to your opinion. I'm sure many people don't find Kayo Dot prog either, but then we could have an endless debate on which one is or isn't prog. Fact of the matter is they're here and people are voting for them. 


I debate whatever I like. And if I think its sad that a conventional rock album wins best progalbum of the decade on the worlds biggest progforum, I'll write it.
The ice caps are melting
All the world is drowning
The ice caps are melting
The tide is rushing in
All the world is drowning
To wash away the sin

Tiny Tim: The Other Side - God Bless Tiny Tim 1968
Back to Top
TheClosing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: May 11 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 527
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheClosing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2011 at 07:04
Like I said, you have the right to your opinion. However, don't go around claiming there's no validity in someone's opposing sentiment, especially when you yourself haven't made much of a case for your argument. 

I've never heard a "conventional" rock album as eclectic as In Absentia in my entire life. Besides, If you ask me Toby Driver could stand to write a few tracks with a tendency towards a conventional structure every now and again, as well as break away from the plodding tempo he often relies on. What's truly sad is people who automatically dismiss anything that also has popish side just because they can't see how it adds to the bigger picture. Dynamics is a large part of what I consider prog to be about, but now I'm arguing semantics the same as you are. May the strongest win, period. 


Edited by TheClosing - October 28 2011 at 09:10
Back to Top
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Joined: August 18 2008
Location: Anna Calvi
Status: Offline
Points: 22979
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2011 at 07:20
De-Loused (and surprised to be only the second person voting it, from over 20 votes already). 

Edited by harmonium.ro - October 28 2011 at 07:21
Back to Top
zbida View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: January 16 2006
Location: Poland
Status: Offline
Points: 679
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zbida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2011 at 07:48
Maybe not the best thing ever done in 2001-2010, but In Absentia is my favourite album from the list and from PT as well (doesn't matter prog or not).
Back to Top
Nightfly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Avatar
Rock Progressivo Italiano Team

Joined: August 01 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 3337
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2011 at 08:10
In Absentia.
Back to Top
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer
Avatar

Joined: October 09 2005
Location: Entropia
Status: Offline
Points: 15438
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2011 at 09:25
Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

^ Presumably these 'many others' either don't post or don't review?(which is of course their prerogative)

There's Epignosis and Micky for starters.
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Back to Top
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer
Avatar

Joined: October 09 2005
Location: Entropia
Status: Offline
Points: 15438
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2011 at 09:33
Originally posted by TheClosing TheClosing wrote:

Like I said, you have the right to your opinion. However, don't go around claiming there's no validity in someone's opposing sentiment, especially when you yourself haven't made much of a case for your argument. 

I've never heard a "conventional" rock album as eclectic as In Absentia in my entire life. Besides, If you ask me Toby Driver could stand to write a few tracks with a tendency towards a conventional structure every now and again, as well as break away from the plodding tempo he often relies on. What's truly sad is people who automatically dismiss anything that also has popish side just because they can't see how it adds to the bigger picture. Dynamics is a large part of what I consider prog to be about, but now I'm arguing semantics the same as you are. May the strongest win, period. 

Who's dismissing In Absentia, its a bloody good album but I just dont consider more than half the tracks on their to be prog no matter how good they are, though I certainly wouldnt call it conventional rock of any kind.
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Back to Top
colorofmoney91 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer
Avatar

Joined: March 16 2008
Location: Biosphere
Status: Offline
Points: 22759
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colorofmoney91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2011 at 10:28
Kayo Dot again.
Back to Top
JS19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: October 10 2010
Location: Lancaster, UK
Status: Offline
Points: 1321
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JS19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2011 at 10:31
Originally posted by Saperlipopette! Saperlipopette! wrote:

Originally posted by TheClosing TheClosing wrote:

You certainly have the right to your opinion. I'm sure many people don't find Kayo Dot prog either, but then we could have an endless debate on which one is or isn't prog. Fact of the matter is they're here and people are voting for them. 


I debate whatever I like. And if I think its sad that a conventional rock album wins best progalbum of the decade on the worlds biggest progforum, I'll write it.

Looks like tough luck :) 

The real reason they are winning is because we have such a large amount of diverse fans here on PA, and PT are as close as prog gets to normal rock, while still being progressive

Therefore, because a lot of people are exposed to normal rock through the media and just in general, it's going to be that band that just fits so perfectly in the 'middle of the venn diagram', that everyone here can appreciate them, in the same way that everyone here cannot appreciate say, John Zorn. 

This website shows what a large range of music prog covers, and PT are one of the bands that most people can enjoy at some level.
Back to Top
Logan View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Avatar
Forum Moderator

Joined: April 05 2006
Location: Utopia
Status: Offline
Points: 12181
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2011 at 11:29
Originally posted by sleeper sleeper wrote:

Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

^ Presumably these 'many others' either don't post or don't review?(which is of course their prerogative)

There's Epignosis and Micky for starters.


Micky was quite vocal about it in the forums as I recall.  I sure do miss Micky.

Anyway, from some reviews:

Review by b_olariu
PROG REVIEWER
2 stars This album is highly regarded among PT fans, if not their most well regarded, but it was a deception for me, because there are some great songs, but their tendency to become more and more alternative pop/rock.... [snipped]

Review by fuxi
PROG REVIEWER
3 stars This is a potent collection of rock songs which strongly reminds me of classic Pink Floyd, of the Australian band the Church (with its nocturnal moods) and of the post-punk band Wire's most melodious moments. (Don't poke me, I know that Wire and the Church themselves were influenced by the Floyd.) If I hadn't discovered Porcupine Tree via Prog Archives, if I'd heard this album at a party for example, I wonder if I would have dubbed it 'prog rock'. Sure, the vocals tend to be in a Floydean vein; there are a couple of Gilmour-like guitar outbursts, some splendidly over-the-top orchestral moments, and even a couple of mellotron effects, but there are no keyboard solos (hardly any keyboards at all really) and the music is no more complex than ACHTUNG BABY.... [snipped]

Review by laplace
PROG REVIEWER
1 stars Porcupine Tree decide to split the difference between nu-metal and alternative britpop-style rock and in our infinite wisdom, the resulting album shoots directly and deservedly into the prog consciousness. Wait, what? Are we the "In Absentia" market? Have we lost our collective judgement? I felt deceived the moment I pressed play but I bravely endured this godforsaken CD for the purpose of a review, only to discover music buried under a stampede of footprints from the '90s rock-world's worst culprits: Korn, Sevendust, Rage Against the Machine and many more.

To be fair, during the quieter moments of the CD there are vague hints, only here and there, of a band that was once influenced and absorbed by psychedelic rock and the stadium Floydisms that were built out of it, and elsewhere you can hear the melodic contributions of Phil Collins to pop, recaptured in a harder rocking format. "Lips of Ashes" is a good example of these two moderately-benign influences being entwined to pleasant effect, then baptised in a dream-poppy reflecting pool. "The Sound of Muzak" does a passable RadioTool impression and although the chorus is irredeemibly awful, the textural quality of the song really is kind of neat - in fact, the musicianship is generally craftsman like, and Wilson's voice, though limited, has an endearingly frail quality to it that works well thanks to the downtrodden lyrical concept. That's all good news.

The problem is that at least half of these songs are straightforward nu-metal or college rock cliche-athons, with only cursory attempts at concealing this unsavoury truth. The extended track, "Gravity Eyelids", claimed as the favourite of many previous reviewers, contains a "down"-section so disturbingly similar to Korn's verse trademark - what with individual trem notes hanging in mid-air, foggy with trip-hop beatdropping and random sci-fi chord collections - that I feared I might hear a distorted crunch and the trolled words, "Bring it doooooown"... and later still in the same song we get to hear a prime RAtM blues-crunch IQ-reducing rawk riff. NO THANK YOU.

Wedding Nails promises a return to sane and relatively-prog-related music by throwing out a Voivod horn-throwing fourthy metal riff and then manages to ruin it by using funk metal as a substructure. Brilliant. And so it goes on, song after song exhibiting unwanted influences from the angst-peddling college crowd - Korn's legacy in particular recurs frequently. It truly makes me wonder how people don't cringe through this album.

I'm not going to write a conclusion to this review because it's obvious what I'm going to say. Instead, I'd like to close by saying that "The Creator Has a Mastertape" starts with a pretty funny swerve of the "Super Metroid" item room theme. Dorky, wasn't it. ;P

Send comments to laplace (BETA) | Report this review (#137347) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, September 09, 2007

ROG REVIEWER

4 stars [snip] ....

Given the high praise and success of this album, I'm very surprised that the Tree later made Fear of a Blank Planet, though I'm certainly glad that they gave the theme album and extended pieces a try again. Probably a good halfway point between prog and radio friendly material, In Absentia fails to really excite the progger in me.

Send comments to Flucktrot (BETA) | Report this review (#141790) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team

4 stars It surprises me how this album is many heavy progressive rock lovers' favorite album by Porcupine Tree. There are no epic tracks, few progressive arrangements, and no overall theme. Nearly all of the songs have a pop structure, and aside from a few atmospheric cases, this album is really Prog Related, not heavy progressive rock. The borderline metal aspect of recent Porcupine Tree is rather apparent throughout. For the most part, the last half of the album is not as strong as the first, but the music is still highly enjoyable. I would recommend this album to everyone new to Porcupine Tree, especially if they enjoy alternative rock.... [/snip]

Review by Raff
PROG REVIEWER 4 stars [snip] ...  Don't get me wrong, I do not dislike PT by any means. I'd much rather listen to them than to the likes of Dream Theater, and I find their music interesting at the very least. That said, I cannot for the life of me understand why so many people see them as the 'second coming' of prog. They are a very tight, technically proficient outfit, and have in Steven Wilson a superb songwriter, musician and producer. However, when it comes to analysing what counts most - i.e. the MUSIC - I have to wonder at all the hype. Let's face it, what you can hear on In Absentia is definitely not what would have been called prog in the Seventies, or even later. There are bands and artists around (some even languishing in Prog-Related) that - in terms of musical structures - are much more progressive than PT. The Mars Volta may not be (and are not) everyone's cup of tea, but there is little doubt as to their authentically progressive approach to composition. Conversely, PT surround their music with progressive paraphernalia, but it all remains on the surface - if you delve a bit deeper, you will find rather conventional pop-rock songs, with very simple time signatures and a mostly chorus-verse-chorus structure. This is not a crime, of course - Rush have been doing that for twenty years, but they are not hailed as the saviours of modern prog: on the contrary, they have often been accused of selling out.... [/snip]

eview by Negoba
PROG REVIEWER
3 stars The Prototypical PT Album

In Absentia regularly gets the highest marks among PT albums, was the first album of theirs I bought. I've been putting off this review for along time due to ambivalence, taking the time to review the new Incident prompted me to go back to this classic. And like that album, I'm torn between giving the album 3 and 4 stars. Two things contrast the album in mind: In Abstentia's stronger pop songwriting, and its overscrubbed production. Part of me enjoys the individual songs on In Abstentia better, as they're just more hummable and singable. But this album really is more of a crossover prog album, using prog elements to enhance what are essentially pop songs.... [/snip]

Review by snobb
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR ZART & JR/F Team

3 stars According to PA it's most popular and the best PT album. Whenever I really liked their Stupid Dream, I purchased that one as well. And was disappointed!

You can read tens of reviews for this album there , mainly very positive. I don't know, what is the reason, may be it's just question of taste. So, I can't see the reason to repeat all good or bad opinions in detail, just will try to make some comments.

First of all, the album is a bit ... different. Different not only from Stupid Dream,for example, but different from what I understand as prog-rock in general. For sure, they use many prog elements ( mainly used by other great prog musicians before), but common musical platform is something different.

When I want to listen to brit-pop, I can do it without using PT ( to be honest,I hate brit-pop). There are for sure many bands playing this style music better (Oasis,at least). If I want to listen to progresive brit-pop, I can take Radiohead ( and some their songs are really better, than this PT imitation). If I want to listen heavy music, I can take one of hundreds perfect heavy rock albums ( you understand, that it's no even reason to compare PT with best heavy bands in their field of music). So - what the reason to purchase this PT album?.... [/snip]

Review by Ivan_Melgar_M
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Prog Specialist

2 stars[snip]...After reading countless reviews that describe this album as a masterpiece (even from reviewers with whom I share common taste and others I respect a lot), bought this album in 2005, and my first impression was very negative. Being that is common for me to acquire the taste for a Prog album after some time, waited four years until I wrote a review, but sadly my opinion hasn't changed. With this I'm not saying all the reviewers are wrong, because maybe the problem is my personal taste, but I believe "In Absentia" is one of the most unexciting albums I ever listened.

People talk about a Heavy Prog album with Space Rock elements, to be honest I only find an alternative album with some Hard Rock elements, but very little of Space Rock, and less of Prog.... [/snip]


Review by The Quiet One
PROG REVIEWER

3 stars Prog Rock is Absent, Alt. Rock is Present

Well, that title is false, just trying to make a relation with the word Absentia with the style of the album. However, it is true that this album has a lot of allusions to modern day's rock style entitled Alternative Rock: a genre that can rock pretty hard and does not contain extremely lame lyrics so as to be considered today's Pop, though it has the basic structure of verse-chorus-verse-chorus.

Porcupine Tree certainly were a full-blown Prog Rock band back in the 90's, however they changed radically with the release of Stupid Dream, playing more melodic and simple music, and to confirm that they were taking that path they released Lightbulb Sun the following year. The psych/electronic roots were clearly leaving, while a catchier and melancholic style of rock was approaching, it's worth saying that it's a very unique approach to Alt. Rock with Pink Floyd as an obvious influence.... [/snip]


Review by jampa17
PROG REVIEWER

2 stars My mind was absent, all the way down to hit the stop button.

I'm not a Porcupine Tree fan, don't ask me why. Their hard rock riffs and their space rock should be enough for me to like them, but I always get to their albums expecting the ultimate alternative rock-pop-prog piece and I just give up. Really. This, being the most beloved album from them end up being one of the most boring experiences I have lately.

...

Only for fans, I keep wondering what people hear in this album to consider it a prog Masterpiece. I think it's fanboyism, because this is not a strong prog album, maybe a good alternative rock album with catchy songs, but far away of a masterpiece.... [/snip]

2 stars Being a huge Porcupine Tree fan, I have learned that In Absentia is supposedly their best album and Trains their best song. In Absentia is a good album, but by no means a masterpiece of prog.

...

If Porcupine Tree was able to keep the inspiration and more in a new direction, I would in fact commend them for that, but I don't exactly feel that in In Absentia. Since this is a prog website, I must also add that the music isn't exactly prog either (lowering my rating from 6.5/10 to 5/10, which I will round down to 2 because it seems to be somewhat overrated here).

...

Good album, but not very prog and their are certainly better albums to start with.
Send comments to floydisgod (BETA) | Report this review (#78798)
Posted Friday, May 19, 2006 | Review Permalink

OpethGuitarist
PROG REVIEWER
4 stars Wilson goes heavy.

This album introduced me to the works of PT, and although it's not my favorite or their most complete, it was intriguing enough to get me to explore more of the band. While this is very much a more commercial release than their earlier material, it is still quite good and the songwriting is nothing short of excellent, even if it is not as progressive as previous outputs.... [/snip]

3 stars Uneven and overrated album.

I cant really understand why this album is tagged as an progressive album when its just a standard pop/rock record. It starts off good with Blackest Eyes, Trains and Lips of Ashes. All good melodic rock songs. Then there is The Sound of Muzak that really sounds like Muzak, you know, then kind of music you hear in elevators and on Clear Channel approved radio stations.... [/snip]


3 stars In absentia is less of a prog album, and closer to something like Radiohead with metal influences. However, although this is only about as prog as bands like Smashing pumpkins, and not as good as Porcupine tree's recent albums, it is still, at its best, some of the best straight rock music of the decade. The quality of production and song writing is frankly awesome, and, just as I would recommend that every one hear OK computer, I recommend that everyone hear this.

3 stars This is very atmospheric and alternative music. Maybe a little too alternative. The early Porcupine Tree was like this. I'm a tad disappointed.... [/snip]

4 stars [snip]....

First off, I want to make an observation. This band is NOT prog, nor are they progressive. To me, this album is a perfectly logical follow up to the preceding 2 albums, and combines all the same elements that they've been using since at least Up The Downstair (though, of course, that was pretty much just Wilson). I keep reading about the heaviness. This isn't really all that heavy. At all. I don't hear anything heavier on here than on Signify (the song) or even Dislocated Day or the heavier parts of Sky Moves Sideways. Yes, Wilson has honed his songwriting more, tightened it up. But he still uses all the same elements he always has to create them.

Nonetheless, this is a great album, filled with great songs. The only reason I won't give it 5 stars is because it is simply not a masterpiece of progressive music. But it is a masterpiece of rock music for sure.

...

Really though, I like every song. If I could somehow find something progressive about it I'd certainly give it 5 stars. But really, it's not very original or innovative or challenging musically. But none of that is required to make it a great album for me. But it is required to make it a great Prog album. What PT really does, that works for me, is create excellently crafted rock music, sometimes bordering on pop, and wraps it all in an incredible sound production. This is what eventually drew me in. When I finally stopped trying to understand why people said this was Prog, and just started to enjoy it.

So, this isn't Prog, but it IS great music. So I'll go 4.5 stars even, with the caveat that it's an excellent addition to any music collection, as long as you aren't expecting Prog.


And that's just reviews in PA.  I have no opinions myself, but have seen mnay comments questioning its, and PT's progginess.


Back to Top
Progosopher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: May 12 2009
Location: Coolwood
Status: Offline
Points: 3125
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progosopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2011 at 11:46
Wow, so much division in this discussion.  At least we have all agreed to disagree.  My vote went to the godfathers on the list, The Crims.  Listen muchachas, and hear how it is done!
 
As to the Porcupine Tree controversy, which American journalists might call Porcu-gate, I only have three of their albums, and my favorite is not one of the two listed here - Deadwing.  Clearly, my opinion is not the mainstream here, but I won't argue over the point.
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"
Back to Top
Logan View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Avatar
Forum Moderator

Joined: April 05 2006
Location: Utopia
Status: Offline
Points: 12181
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2011 at 11:50
I forgot to vote -- definitely "Choirs of the Eye" for me.
Back to Top
Starhammer View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer
Avatar

Joined: April 14 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 86
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starhammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2011 at 11:53
In Absentia >>> Fear of a Blank Planet.

(and Second Life Syndrome sits somewhere in-between.
Back to Top
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Avatar
Errors & Omissions Team

Joined: March 23 2005
Location: Caerdydd
Status: Offline
Points: 32925
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snow Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2011 at 11:57
Wow I love this.......

Coldness doth get away with the badness.
Back to Top
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer
Avatar

Joined: August 27 2006
Location: The Beach
Status: Offline
Points: 8162
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2011 at 12:52
In Absentia is one of my all-time favourites so that's my vote. Power To Believe is my runner up.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"
"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Back to Top
Garden of Dreams View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: April 26 2011
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 336
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garden of Dreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2011 at 14:04
Second Life Syndrome is a masterpiece in my opinion so it gets my vote.
Just give it all an hour by the concrete lake.
Back to Top
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Avatar
Post/Math Rock Team

Joined: January 20 2011
Location: Somewhere Else
Status: Offline
Points: 14737
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2011 at 14:19
Deloused in the Comatorium.

Though with only 5 votes and Porcupine Tree having 14, i don't think my favorite will be winning.
I Will Write Peace All Over Your Wings And You Will Fly Around The World
Back to Top
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: November 09 2010
Location: Athens (Greece)
Status: Offline
Points: 2313
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2011 at 15:02
Fear of a blank planet!
Mikael Akerfeldt for fans of Opeth who don't like his growls (and generally the growls): If they don't like it then they are pussies.

Extreme prog metal rules!!!
Back to Top
frippism View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Avatar
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team

Joined: July 27 2010
Location: Tel Aviv
Status: Offline
Points: 4015
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frippism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2011 at 15:39
From the selection here, it must be KD. With that, while I love KD, I'm not a fan of the first album.
There be dragons
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.125 seconds.