Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Best Star Wars Movie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Poll Question: Which Star Wars film is the best?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [7.41%]
1 [3.70%]
4 [14.81%]
5 [18.52%]
13 [48.15%]
2 [7.41%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Best Star Wars Movie
    Posted: October 29 2011 at 19:22
Have at it.

Edited by progistoomainstream - October 29 2011 at 19:23
The Doctor View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2011 at 19:30
SW3, followed by SW2, SW5, SW6, SW1 and bringing up the rear SW4.
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?
Slaughternalia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2011 at 19:32
I find it funny how one of the most famous film series of all time really only has two good parts.
1.A New Hope
2.The Empire Strikes Back
3.Return of the Jedi
4.Revenge of the sith
5.The Phantom Menace
6.Attack of the Clones
I'm so mad that you enjoy a certain combination of noises that I don't
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2011 at 20:03
The Empire Strikes Back
The Quiet One View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2011 at 20:04
1. Star Wars III
2. Star Wars VI
3. Star Wars I (I know this one by heart)
4. Star Wars IV
5. Star Wars V
6. Star Wars II
KoS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2011 at 20:04
They are all terrible.
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2011 at 21:59
Empire Strikes Back. Ups the ante on everything that was great about the first movie. 
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
JazzMusicArchives.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2011 at 02:59
Empire stinks.  Jedi stinks.  Phantom Menace stinks.  The rest are great.

AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2011 at 09:16
1977 version of a New Hope is unbeatable!
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2011 at 09:24
I'll become a joke around here but I have to say it: I prefer the prequel movies. Now that I watched them all again in bluray, I realize I enjoy the convoluted incoherent story of the prequels more than the old ones which have less of it.

1. Sith
2. Clones
3. Empire
4. Hope
5. Phantom (only so low because of Jar Jar)
6. Jedi
Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2011 at 09:27
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

I'll become a joke around here but I have to say it: I prefer the prequel movies. Now that I watched them all again in bluray, I realize I enjoy the convoluted incoherent story of the prequels more than the old ones which have less of it.

1. Sith
2. Clones
3. Empire
4. Hope
6. Jedi

Originally posted by The Doctor The Doctor wrote:

SW3, followed by SW2, SW5, SW6, SW1 and bringing up the rear SW4.

Geez you two, I'm not even a fan and such an order would still make me want to rage.

Edited by Ricochet - October 30 2011 at 09:27
Formentera Lady View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2011 at 09:45
I am the first one to vote for the Return of the Jedi  Shocked
I love those teddy bears!
TheMasterMofo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2011 at 10:07
1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. Return of the Jedi
3. Revenge of the Sith
4. A New Hope
5. The Phantom Menace
6. Attack of the Clones
7. The Clone Wars (animated)

They're all awesome, though. Everything except for the Holiday Special...
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2011 at 10:09

1. Sith
2. Clones
3. Empire
4. Hope
6. Jedi

Oh my god, T, we actually agree on something.  I prefer the prequels as well and your list looks almost exactly like my mine, with only Hope and Jedi reversed. 
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?
progistoomainstream View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2011 at 11:38

1. Sith
2. Clones
3. Empire
4. Hope
6. Jedi

Oh my god, T, we actually agree on something.  I prefer the prequels as well and your list looks almost exactly like my mine, with only Hope and Jedi reversed. 

The Prequels??? THE PREQEULS??? they make no sense when attached to the originals.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2011 at 11:42
I find that a fault of the originals not the prequels.  Wink

I loved the originals when I was a kid, but for the most part, I now find the originals to be nothing more than a pretty one-dimensional adventure romp with one-D characters.  I think the prequels have so much more going on, and the character development I find much deeper.  Plus Darth Sidious is just cool as hell.  And you don't get much of him in the originals. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2011 at 12:07

I loved the originals when I was a kid, but for the most part, I now find the originals to be nothing more than a pretty one-dimensional adventure romp with one-D characters.  I think the prequels have so much more going on, and the character development I find much deeper.  Plus Darth Sidious is just cool as hell.  And you don't get much of him in the originals. 

But they make absolutely no sense when you tack them on to the originals. Like really, Who is the phantom menace? they don't say. In the orignals it is made to seem like "uncle owen" knew Luke's Father but in the prequels you see that anakin was an only child and only met owen once. And just how quickly "the clone wars" happened was way out of line with what Obi won implied was a long long war.And not to mention how you know that anakin is going to put on the suit in the end of #3. The list goes on and on.

I am not against the prequels. They are ok when taken separate from the originals. But the second you say that the originals and the prequels follow in the same plot, they just lack sense.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2011 at 12:20
Originally posted by progistoomainstream progistoomainstream wrote:

But they make absolutely no sense when you tack them on to the originals. Like really, Who is the phantom menace? they don't say. In the orignals it is made to seem like "uncle owen" knew Luke's Father but in the prequels you see that anakin was an only child and only met owen once. And just how quickly "the clone wars" happened was way out of line with what Obi won implied was a long long war.And not to mention how you know that anakin is going to put on the suit in the end of #3. The list goes on and on.

I am not against the prequels. They are ok when taken separate from the originals. But the second you say that the originals and the prequels follow in the same plot, they just lack sense.

To answer your questions.  The Phantom Menace was the Sith.  Uncle Owen also knew Obi-Wan, and Obi-Wan could easily have told Owen what had happened to Anakin.  The Clone Wars lasted three years, which may not be the longest war in history, but at the same time, I don't remember Obi-Wan implying that it was.  Of course, we knew Anakin was going to put on the suit at the end of Ep. 3, but this isn't a mistake of any kind, simply the nature of prequels.  But for me, really, it doesn't matter if the prequels fit well into the originals (and yes, there are some mistakes - "I don't remember ever owning a droid").  But instead of not liking the prequels because of it, I'm more of the opinion that the originals should be remade to fall more in line with the prequels. 
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2011 at 12:44

I find that a fault of the originals not the prequels.  WinkI loved the originals when I was a kid, but for the most part, I now find the originals to be nothing more than a pretty one-dimensional adventure romp with one-D characters.  I think the prequels have so much more going on, and the character development I find much deeper.  Plus Darth Sidious is just cool as hell.  And you don't get much of him in the originals. 

To answer your questions.  The Phantom Menace was the Sith.  Uncle Owen also knew Obi-Wan, and Obi-Wan could easily have told Owen what had happened to Anakin.  The Clone Wars lasted three years, which may not be the longest war in history, but at the same time, I don't remember Obi-Wan implying that it was.  Of course, we knew Anakin was going to put on the suit at the end of Ep. 3, but this isn't a mistake of any kind, simply the nature of prequels.  But for me, really, it doesn't matter if the prequels fit well into the originals (and yes, there are some mistakes - "I don't remember ever owning a droid").  But instead of not liking the prequels because of it, I'm more of the opinion that the originals should be remade to fall more in line with the prequels. 
Yes. I would also want the old ones to be remade with a more complex story and better acting. Sadly, the old ones are sacred I guess and if Lucas said he thinks of remaking them he would be slaughtered.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2011 at 12:54

But the originals were made first when George Lucas was younger and had more active living brain cells. And didn't Owen call kenobi a "crazy old wizard" and told luke not to listen to him? And can you imagine the nerd rage if the originals were re-made? Not to mention, the originals make more sense wthin themselves compared to the prequesl. like in #1 "they're dead, destroy what's left of them" and the really stupid "oh no the droid army is going to attack naboo. Lets go down with them to warn the people" And in ep. 2 How Jenga Fett's ship didn't read that Obi won was on an asteroid. and in ep.3 how literally all the Jedi were destroyed in the course of a day. and how they just have to shove C3PO and R2-D2 into the prequels and how they don't remember that they knew vader when he was skywalker.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>