Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLuz de Riada

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Luz de Riada
    Posted: November 02 2011 at 14:08
This is a new interesting project led by Ramsés Luna (former Cabezas de Cera), with the collaboration of wonderful musicians such as Hugo Santos (former Saena), Alejandro Vergara and Hugo Hernández.
They have just released via Angelito Editor their debut album entitled "Cuentos y Fábulas"

I suggest them to be added to the database under Eclectic Prog, but you decide. 
Please listen to them. I could write the bio if you wish.

Follow me on twitter @memowakeman
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2011 at 15:17
Hmmm - the facebook link given just gets re-directed to my homepage, the myspace page doesn't appear to include any music samples, and the band's website home page just has three soundcloud-encoded samples, (which don't appear to be tracks taken directly from the recently released album). There are four further samples (I would hardly call them proper tracks though) available via the media (audio) tab on their website, and the full 10-track set which was uploaded to soundcloud (6 full tracks uploaded 3 months ago from an EP, I presume, which seems to be called "Variaciones para una fábula", and four extracts uploaded just under a month ago, which I asssume ARE from the new album) can be found here: http://soundcloud.com/luzderiada.

"A fusion of jazz, rock and folk quartet made Mexican Flood Light for telling stories through their debut album "Tales and Fables," a quality alternative proposal.

"The group is the result of several ideas that we have been working for a year," he told Notimex, Ramses Luna, who runs the saxophone, clarinet, WX5, it is also voice and guitar.

He noted that the tracks are well structured and had to achieve guest musicians like Alex Otaola, Wilfrido Terrazas, Ivan Bringas, Jacob Gustavo Ernesto Mendoza and Martins Floriano Brazilian poet, who sent a text to music.

It also works and singer Carlos Alegre Mamselle Ruiz, who worked for years with Alejandro Marcovich.

The album, which was presented Wednesday night at the Cultural Forum basting, consists of eight stories and fables seven sonic with a foreword by critic David Cortes, who managed to land while the idea for the band, whose name means "Flood
Light ".

"The stories are based on very personal stories and existential, even intimate that also address policy issues and everyday life. For example, a song called" Comparsa de cronopios "which is a tribute to the living and
professionals with their attitude change history, they are heroes.

"The writer Julio Cortázar spoke of the institutional cronopios as people who are not encompassed by a way of life like other people, and he took the term," said the musician.

"Through the back door," he said, is another piece that refer to the tragicomedy of Mexico as a way to take power.

"With our proposed instruments, the aim is that people go by drawing a story idea. It's really cool when people talk to us and what we lived there we realize how the power of music can lead to
places we've never imagined, "he said.

Flood Light is composed of Alejandro Vergara (guitar), Hugo Santos (stik and fretless bass), Ramses Luna (saxophones, clarinet, WX5, voice and guitar) and Hugo Hernandez (drums).
All are teachers in various fields of music.

His career highlights for taking courses with Robert Fripp, Wayne Krantz Funk, Fernando Cabellero and groups who have belonged as Cabezas de Cera, Nirgal Vallis, Saena, Santosotelos, Victoria Hall, Pantheon Rococo, Enrique Neri and Yekina Pavón.

They endow her music in a contemporary and edgy personality that makes the difference with propositional Mexican artists looking for new sound experiences.

The album "Tales and Fables" is available through its website www.luzderiada.com, as in the Multiforo Alicia, poplar and within a few months in bookstores. The group will perform Oct. 28 at the Multiforo Alicia."

I'm sure someone who understands Spanish could give a far better translation than google has, but hopefully this gives us the jist of what the album is all about... Any further input is welcomed...   Embarrassed

Edited by yam yam - November 02 2011 at 15:21
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2011 at 11:54
Thanks David for digging up the samples from Soundclound. I agree with Eclectic, I'll notify the team. 
memowakeman View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2011 at 15:16
Thanks!
Yesterday I got the album, so if you need songs to evaluate them, please let me know. I am already arranging an interview with them.

:)

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2011 at 12:06

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2011 at 20:29
Wayside already has their album for sale
The review shown there was written by yours truly,

Hope you check them and add them soon.

DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2012 at 21:06
Now checking their FB page and samples ... a great outfit fully tinged RIO flavour! Clap
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2012 at 21:09
Thanks for checking them, Keishiro!  
You know  I can help you for whatever you need.

Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2012 at 15:05
Originally posted by memowakeman memowakeman wrote:

This is a new interesting project led by Ramsés Luna (former Cabezas de Cera), with the collaboration of wonderful musicians such as Hugo Santos (former Saena), Alejandro Vergara and Hugo Hernández.
They have just released via Angelito Editor their debut album entitled "Cuentos y Fábulas"

I suggest them to be added to the database under Eclectic Prog, but you decide. 
Please listen to them. I could write the bio if you wish.

Luz de Riada has been approved by the Eclectic Team.  If you can write a biography or help with the addition, that would be great.

Edited by Epignosis - March 04 2012 at 15:06
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2012 at 15:07
Hey man,thanks but they were approved by the ZART Team, and added a couple of weeks ago.

Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2012 at 15:09
Originally posted by memowakeman memowakeman wrote:

Hey man,thanks but they were approved by the ZART Team, and added a couple of weeks ago.

I was not aware.  Thanks so much!
 Post Reply Post Reply