Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRobert Fripp Quotes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2011 at 19:32
Originally posted by Intruder Intruder wrote:

Fripp is obviously a bright guy, but he often comes off as such an arrogant knob....puts a lot of folks off but I've always thought it was part of his wit and charm.  After all, anyone who plays like he does is bound to have to explain himself again and again and again.  Probably gets to be a bit of a chore, thus the smart-ass remarks.

I love his quote about music being the nektar that fills the cup of silence (or something like that).....groovy stuff.

I don't agree.

Sounds smart-alecky, because a lot of folks don't understand what is being said, and on top of it, it comes off as cryptic and difficult and something that most people are not willing to study in order to find out what it is all about ... you simply can not explain all of this and that in 3 seconds for some folks to understand, thus anything that person says comes off incorrectly ...

Does it make you wonder, why mystic's and people that are into the spiritual stuff want to leave and be alone? Because it's an internal and experiential thing, and the way things are going the commercial music and advertising world doesn't want that individuality in order top learn something new and different ... that would take momney away from them ,or something like it.

Please respect Robert and his chosen philosophy and others ... you, yourself, or Snow Dog, or Dean, or me, or anyone else, do not like it when others call you on it. And explaining it is a dead end ... you can't explain "infinity" ... as Aleister Crowley would say. Or maybe it's easier if I told you that Ozzie said it, too!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12