Topic ClosedTin Scribble

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Retired

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tin Scribble
    Posted: November 08 2011 at 13:17

TIN SCRIBBLE is a band whose visions of dark and hard music, shock-art elements and clutching concepts melt temperamentally with the lights of modern progressive rock. Eager over independent, stale and special expressions, in a style resembling avant-garde and dark art-rock, that's pretty much what they sound like too.

I got in touch with Michael Moore for the Tin Scribble story.

#####################################################################################

When and by whom was your band formed ?

With the end of House of Usher in 2002, I wanted to continue sythesizing other forms of music into a "rock" format such as Balkan folk music. So I thought about doing a "solo" project, but I did not want my actual name to be the identifier so the name "Tin Scribble" was born.  

Did any of you, past and present members, play in any other bands before joining up in your band ? Why did you choose that name and which bands were you influenced by ?

I was in "House of Usher" during the 90's and we released a CD "Body of Mind" and were featured on a compilation CD of tribute songs to ELP released by Magnacarta records.

How is the music scene in your local area now and is it easy to get gigs ?

It is easy to get gigs if you don't expect to get paid for it.  LOL.... smiles

Over to your two albums. Please tell us more about Children Of Saturn from 2005.

Well.. the CD did better then expected and got better reviews then expected. (smiles)   However, I had quite a murderous time keeping a stable line up.

And then there was a long album break. What happened ?

After a small tour in 2008: I called it quits and focused on doing scores for films, producing and playing keyboards in "Dead Sky Scrapers" and did some Jazz guitar with vocalist Kylee Remington.  

However, I stared writing new material and got Clinton Sabon (drummer on Children of saturn) to do 3 new tunes, but by then I wanted to do some gigs and put a new line up together.  Danielle Colen and Todd Richardson have been very supportive and flexible.  

You returned earlier this year with Unlive From A Dead City. Please tell us more about this album.

Well ... it comprises 3 different versions of Tin Scribble over the last 5 years as well as some acoustic tunes, "Live cuts from March 2008," New material with Clinton Sabon on drums.  On track 14:  "Wake"  I was lucky to get El Segreto to do real live strings

I'm very proud of my playing and everyones contributions.  

For those of us unfamiliar with your music; how would you describe you music and which bands would you compare yourself with ?  

LOL....   Oh dear (*smiles*)   Hm.. I wouldn't!!!!     I've heard o many strange comparisons: I am really not comfortable saying much to anyone about it.  

I have a very traditional art style voice in the vain of Itailian art songs as well as 20th century Charles Ives.  Also, I love Led Zeppelin and Rush!

What are your plans for the immediate future ?  

to finish new songs and break in my new/ old drummer Kevin Falcioni

To wrap up this interview, is there anything you want to add to this interview ?

The best of luck to everyone and "Needs must when the devil drives." 

Thank you to Michael for this interview

Their PA profile is here and their homepage is here

rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2011 at 13:27
Glad to hear that they are still around and kicking.  Children of Saturn was a really good album.  I'll have to check out Unlive From A Dead City.  I assume that they are still from my neck of the woods.  I remember seeing that they were playing a gig at a local location by my house, which I unfortunately didn't make it to.  I'll have to keep an eye out to see if they are playing in the area.
memowakeman View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2011 at 21:08
Unlive From A Dead City is a fantastic album. Nice short but concise interview.

Follow me on twitter @memowakeman
 Post Reply Post Reply