Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 165166167168169 491>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2021 at 09:11
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=71734

1. Ride the Whimbrel (6:45)
2. Age of Iron Man (2:51)
3. Mumia (4:31)
4. Cauldron Bog (7:10)
5. Dog's Flesh (7:31)
6. Moss Goddess (14:45)
7. Black Incubation (12:18)
8. Et Moselik (4:18)
9. Heksejakt (3:47)
10. (The Marvellous and Murderous) Mysteries of Sacrifice (17:47)

Total Time  81:43
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2021 at 08:59
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=72024

- Davidavi “Vidi” Dolev / lead & backing vocals
- Tomer Pink / rhythm & acoustic guitars
- Or Shalev / lead & acoustic guitars
- Shai Yallin / keyboards, glockenspiel
- Golan Farhi / bass guitar
- Omer Fishbein / lead guitar (3), bulbul tarang (6)
   With:
- Matan Shmuely / drums
- Yatziv Caspi / percussion
- Neta Maimon / cello
- Oren Tsor / violin, viola
- Idit Mintzer / brass (5,9)
- Alon Karnieli / choir vocals (2,4,6)
- Idan Kringle / choir vocals (2,4,6)
- Matan Carlos Mandelbaum / choir vocals (2,4,6)
- Richard Aevum / choir vocals (2,4,6)
- Jackie Hole / female vocals (3,4,6)
- Yakir Sasson / woodwinds (3,5,8)
- Ashmedi Melechesh / growl (4)
- Hadar Levi / talk box guitar (5)
- Uri Shefi / bouzouki, oud, louta
- Idan David Amsalem / guitar solo (10)
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2021 at 13:02
^ Thanks, done.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Per Kohler View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Per Kohler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2021 at 11:32
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=5326

First name: Lars
Nickname : Lach'N
Family name: Jonsson

Correct position is under J and not L.
Per Köhler
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2021 at 05:26
the album "Trilogue - Live at the Berlin Jazz Days" that is listed in the discography of Jaco Pastorius is given as "with Alphonse Mouzon". it should be "with Alphonse Mouzon and Albert Mangelsdorff". Mangelsdorff was to the trombone what Pastorius was to the bass guitar: an innovator. his way of not blowing but singing into the trombone (and singing a different note than he played) enabled him to play up to 9 notes at the same time due to overtone fracture. he was repeatedly given the number one spot in the annual polls for best trombone player in the famous jazz magazine "Downbeat". so he should definitely be named

E&O Team: Thanks, done.
Added video version as well.

Edited by NotAProghead - February 24 2021 at 12:47

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2021 at 04:49
^ Thanks, done.
PrimeReviewsMusic View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrimeReviewsMusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2021 at 02:27
I recently noticed that the From A Page / In the Present - Live from Lyon was made into a compilation. However, the title was not changed accordingly to reflect its change. Therefore, I believe the title should be From A Page / In the Present - Live from Lyon instead of just From A Page. Thanks!

projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 18:14
^ Sorry... as I said earlier, I'm very tired... Embarrassed
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 18:01
Originally posted by projeKct projeKct wrote:

^ Thanks Mayer, done!

You forgot to change the name of the album to
The Princess of the Allen Keys (The History of Manto)
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 16:17
^ Thanks Mayer, done!
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 15:41
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=71956

Album's name: The Princess of the Allen Keys (The History of Manto)

song 7 is: The Princess of the Allen Keys (Not Alien)

- Fabrizio Dossena / acoustic guitar
- Davide Jori / electric guitars
- Cristiano Roversi / keyboards, chapman stick, classic orchestrations, guitars
- Erik Montanari / electric guitars, acoustic guitars
- Ezio Secomandi / drums
- Mirko Tagliasacchi / bass
- Antonio De Sarno / spoken word (1)
Donata Luani "Manto" / vocals (2-7)

With:
- Nad Sylvan "Virgil" / vocals (3-7)
- Stefano Boccafoglia "Tiresias" / vocals (1)
- Beatrice Cotifava "The Princess of the Allen Keys" / vocals (7)
- Aran Bertetto "Charon" / spoken word (5)
- Mauro Negri / saxophone

https://www.facebook.com/Noisy-Diners-806483856380694/photos/pcb.1329819670713774/1329819440713797/
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 13:24
^ Exactly what I was thinking. Clap
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 13:18

^ I must admit that, at first, I found strange that the 3 albums under "Jane Getter" on PA were officially from "Jane Getter Premonition".

But then I realized that if we add other albums from her solo discography, it all makes sense to keep the page as "Jane Getter" with some "Jane Getter Premonition" releases.

I'm so tired these days!! and sometimes "stupid" as you say Eugene... Wink

P.S. In fact, the real problem is that her discography is incomplete on PA. I'm listening to her first solo album right now (via Bandcamp), and I think it's very "jazz-fusionesque"... and pretty good!

I think if Julien already contacted Ian (Tapfret), let's wait for his answer.
Then we'll decide do we need to complete Jane Getter discography or leave only Jane Getter Premonition albums and get rid of her solo stuff.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 13:13

and sometimes "stupid" as you say Eugene... Wink
Julien, I never said this (even in quote marks) and, hope, will never say. Wink
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 13:01
^ and ^^ Yes, there is a limit to the amount of work a two-man Errors & Omissions team can take on, and normally I would have kept my nose out of something like this. I remembered posting in the original suggestion for this lady though, and checking her out for myself at the time, so I thought I'd chip in again now. I guess there must be a reason why the team didn't include her three existing solo albums in the first place, since they added her as 'Jane Getter' rather than 'Jane Getter Premonition'. Hopefully all will be revealed in the fullness of time. Smile
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 12:50
^ I must admit that, at first, I found strange that the 3 albums under "Jane Getter" on PA were officially from "Jane Getter Premonition".

But then I realized that if we add other albums from her solo discography, it all makes sense to keep the page as "Jane Getter" with some "Jane Getter Premonition" releases.

I'm so tired these days!! and sometimes "stupid" as you say Eugene... Wink

P.S. In fact, the real problem is that her discography is incomplete on PA. I'm listening to her first solo album right now (via Bandcamp), and I think it's very "jazz-fusionesque"... and pretty good!

Edited by projeKct - February 23 2021 at 13:00
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 12:41
^ OK, let's wait.

But it seems to me we "invade" here more territories than our team is responsible for.
Digging deeper, like David did referring to the original suggestion thread, is a good thing, but I think it's crazy if it becomes our usual practice.

I prefer to keep it simple and stupid (KISS) - the artist is under eclectic, thus everything she/he does might be included, be it RIO, disco, folk or whatever.
Please don't forget that in the time of inclusion the artist could belong to one genre, then he could change the direction. I believe such "re-evaluations" only distract genre teams from their current work.

Edited by NotAProghead - February 23 2021 at 12:45
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 12:26
^ I've already contacted Ian (tapfret) about this, he should respond in this thread. Now let's wait.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 12:26
^ Difficult one indeed.

I understand what you say about having everything that Jane Getter has done under one umbrella, but I think her solo stuff needs to be checked first to see if it is appropriate for the site before doing this, and it might be worth reading the original suggestion thread for this lady from April 2016 too. I remember being very impressed by her at the time.

Frank Swarbrick (aka infocat) who suggested her for inclusion, said this at the end of the thread:

I'm not sure if Jane Getter (solo) and Jane Getter Premonition should be classified together.  I haven't listened to the three solo albums, but my impression is they are more jazz.  JGP has some jazzy touches, but is really "just" progressive rock.

They are certainly two separate artists on spotify:

I'd be tempted to just throw this one back to the Eclectic and JR/F teams to sort out. I guess they really do need to evaluate her solo material for inclusion here first of all, and if accepted, let them decide between themselves whether to lump everything together in one or other of the two subs, or include them as separate artists in the appropriate sub or subs, since the material played by her 'Premonition' band is quite significantly different from her early solo stuff, though some of the material on her third solo album from 2012 certainly showed the direction she was heading in.

If they decide to evaluate her solo stuff in the first instance and it is is rejected, then the name of the existing artist we have on here should really be changed to Jane Getter Premonition as Mayer suggests. However, her third solo album definitely belongs on PA to my own ears, and probably wouldn't be out of place in Eclectic Prog along with her 'Jane Getter Premonition' material, so can it all just be thrown together anyway, without even bothering to evaluate her as a solo artist?

Hell, I don't know! 

I think I need a lie down now!

Edited by yam yam - February 23 2021 at 13:02
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2021 at 10:56
^ If so, the album "Anomalia", recently added by Mayer, has to be deleted.

In general, it's a question to Eclectic Prog Team.

Personally, I strongly dislike artificial (IMO) division to artist's works and his/her projects, no matter how different they are. If there is an artist, let us see all his/her works, it allows us to overview the whole spectrum.

I'd prefer to add three missing Jane Getter solo albums instead of this discussion.
Additionally, I guess the genre team, when decided to add Jane Getter page (but not only Jane Getter Premonition), had reasons for that decision.

Edited by NotAProghead - February 23 2021 at 10:57
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 165166167168169 491>