Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 168169170171172 491>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2021 at 21:37
Well, I understand your concern, but because of the "later Wahnfried" I think we can classify this under "W". Weird artist/project/band name anyway... Wacko
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2021 at 21:33
Originally posted by Tuzvihar Tuzvihar wrote:

Originally posted by projeKct projeKct wrote:

Originally posted by Per Kohler Per Kohler wrote:

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=2011

RICHARD WAHNFRIED First name Richard second name is Wahnfried and logically it belongs to letter section W and not R.
Nice find!

But I don't have permission to modify this, so we'll wait for some help by Eugene...

Done. Though on the second thought I am not sure...

"Richard Wahnfried, later Wahnfried is the side project of Berlin electronic pioneer Klaus Schulze."

I'm not sure too. Confused
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2021 at 21:32
^ Thanks, Mayer, done.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2021 at 21:31
Originally posted by yam yam yam yam wrote:

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=53703

Songs / Tracks Listing

1. Sisyphus (26:03)
2. Sisyphus (Instrumental) (26:03)
3. Byzantine Fire (5:05)
4. Darkling Plain (7:04)
5. The Dance Of Les Innocents (5:25)
6. The Vampire Lestat (Forever Yo Ten Jinn) (5:30)

Total Time 74:07

Hmmm, what's your source for this? I can't find this tracklisting anywhere... Ermm
Those last four tracks were played by the band at ProgDay '99, Storybook Farm, Chapel Hill, NC USA over the weekend of September 3-5, 1999. Ten Jinn were the band that actually closed the festival, and after after a standing ovation from the audience for the four tracks listed above, the band returned to encore with a prog/psych version of The Beatles classic "I Am The Walrus" to close out the festival for good.

Smile
Thanks, David!

But, do these tracks are on any official release? CD? Digital album?
Certainly not that I can find anywhere. It'll be interesting to hear Per Kohler's source of his info, but unless they appeared as bonus tracks on some releases of the album I'm totally at a loss here. CD Baby used to sell Ten Jinn's music before they threw in the towel as a retail store on March 31st last year, and that was also where I got my ProgDay Encore CD box set from back in 2013, but I can't really imagine why these four old live tracks - featuring the band on a 'various artists' live compilation CD recorded at the end of the last century - would get bundled along with a much later eight-part programmatic work of theirs which tells the story of the founder and King of Corinth!

As an aside, to finish off the 'Line-up / Musicians' section of the Sisyphus album, I'm almost certain (but can't provide a trusted link here to confirm it) that the two ladies listed were guest vocalists.

- Helena Skoglund / backing vocals
- Evelyn Haddad / backing vocals

They ARE listed as such on some websites out there which appeared in my search results on Google, but those websites are essentially just illegal filesharing sites, so I can't post any links here. Embarrassed

Backing vocalists they are now. Approve
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2021 at 21:31
^ Thanks Mayer, done.
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2021 at 19:16
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=52611

1. The Hidden Messenger (8:28)
2. Children (6:52)
3. Cascade of Changes (5:07)
4. Divine Decision (5:59)
5. The Third Gate (6:24)
6. Them (4:30)
7. Evolution (Instrumental) (9:46)
8. The Great Conflict (Instrumental) (5:02)
9. Anguish (7:27)

Total Time 59:35
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2021 at 18:06

Songs / Tracks Listing

Hmmm, what's your source for this? I can't find this tracklisting anywhere... Ermm
Those last four tracks were played by the band at ProgDay '99, Storybook Farm, Chapel Hill, NC USA over the weekend of September 3-5, 1999. Ten Jinn were the band that actually closed the festival, and after after a standing ovation from the audience for the four tracks listed above, the band returned to encore with a prog/psych version of The Beatles classic "I Am The Walrus" to close out the festival for good.

Smile
Thanks, David!

Certainly not that I can find anywhere. It'll be interesting to hear Per Kohler's source of his info, but unless they appeared as bonus tracks on some releases of the album I'm totally at a loss here. CD Baby used to sell Ten Jinn's music before they threw in the towel as a retail store on March 31st last year, and that was also where I got my ProgDay Encore CD box set from back in 2013, but I can't really imagine why these four old live tracks - featuring the band on a 'various artists' live compilation CD recorded at the end of the last century - would get bundled along with a much later eight-part programmatic work of theirs which tells the story of the founder and King of Corinth!

As an aside, to finish off the 'Line-up / Musicians' section of the Sisyphus album, I'm almost certain (but can't provide a trusted link here to confirm it) that the two ladies listed were guest vocalists.

- Helena Skoglund / backing vocals
- Evelyn Haddad / backing vocals

They ARE listed as such on some websites out there which appeared in my search results on Google, but those websites are essentially just illegal filesharing sites, so I can't post any links here. Embarrassed

projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2021 at 17:36
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

I'm sorry to trouble you again, but I noticed there's three other Duncan Mackay albums missing from his discography too.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_Mackay_(musician)
Can you please add them by yourself?

Just follow this link.
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2021 at 17:34

Songs / Tracks Listing

Those last four tracks were played by the band at ProgDay '99, Storybook Farm, Chapel Hill, NC USA over the weekend of September 3-5, 1999. Ten Jinn were the band that actually closed the festival, and after after a standing ovation from the audience for the four tracks listed above, the band returned to encore with a prog/psych version of The Beatles classic "I Am The Walrus" to close out the festival for good.

Smile
Thanks, David!

Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2021 at 16:45
I'm sorry to trouble you again, but I noticed there's three other Duncan Mackay albums missing from his discography too.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_Mackay_(musician)

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - February 20 2021 at 16:56
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2021 at 16:24

Songs / Tracks Listing

Those last four tracks were played by the band at ProgDay '99, Storybook Farm, Chapel Hill, NC USA over the weekend of September 3-5, 1999. Ten Jinn were the band that actually closed the festival, and after after a standing ovation from the audience for the four tracks listed above, the band returned to encore with a prog/psych version of The Beatles classic "I Am The Walrus" to close out the festival for good.

Smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2021 at 15:19

^ No problem!

I'm curious about the 59- and 29-seconds versions. What are they? Geek

There weren't any 59 & 29 second versions on the album playlist I listened to today, so I'm not sure what they are. Confused

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mBB7KkE8DdlBtoKzGTro3mTDTozlMO76Y
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2021 at 15:06

RICHARD WAHNFRIED First name Richard second name is Wahnfried and logically it belongs to letter section W and not R.
Nice find!

But I don't have permission to modify this, so we'll wait for some help by Eugene...

Done. Though on the second thought I am not sure...

"Richard Wahnfried, later Wahnfried is the side project of Berlin electronic pioneer Klaus Schulze."
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2021 at 14:45
^ No problem!

I'm curious about the 59- and 29-seconds versions. What are they? Geek

Edited by projeKct - February 20 2021 at 14:45
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2021 at 13:31

Duncan Mackay's album "The New Explorers" (1988) is missing from his discography.
Thanks, added.
Thanks. That was fast work! I listened to the album for the first time today and I've just given it a 3-star rating. Thumbs Up
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2021 at 13:22

Nice find!

projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2021 at 13:21

Duncan Mackay's album "The New Explorers" (1988) is missing from his discography.
Thanks, added.
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2021 at 13:20

Songs / Tracks Listing

projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2021 at 13:14
^ Thanks, done and done.

Edited by projeKct - February 20 2021 at 13:19
Per Kohler View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Per Kohler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2021 at 10:41
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=64763

Line-up / Musicians

- Jack Dunwoody / lead guitar
- Joe Potter / rhythm guitar, vocals
- Joe Woodham / bass, vocals
- Louis Pavlo / keyboards, synthesizers, piano, vocals
- Adam Johnson / drums, percussion

Per Köhler
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 168169170171172 491>