Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 203204205206207 490>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 09:25
^ Julien, I don't know the square rool too. Smile I prefer images as they are though.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 06:48
So I guess it's another "breakable" rule, then?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 05:53
Squares on the artist page look similar and please our eyes, but when non-square turns to square some parts of the picture get lost. Smile 
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2020 at 20:43
^ I was not aware of that "square" rule... What's the point of having a square version of a cover art, if the original cover art is not square?

Just asking, by the way! Wink
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2020 at 20:05
Originally posted by projeKct projeKct wrote:

^ Thanks, done... with an even more clear picture, and improved informations!

I saw this one too but it's not a square 300x271 that is why I sent the other link the one I sent was 350x350 a perfect square, I can make this one a perfect square but why bother, cool much better then before
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2020 at 18:56
^ Thanks, done... with an even more clear picture, and improved informations!
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2020 at 18:10
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2020 at 17:44
^ Thanks, done. And timings added.
Formentera Lady View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Formentera Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2020 at 16:20

typos:

1. Alampandria
3. Shallow Bay
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2020 at 15:48
^ On every artist page, there is a link just before the album list: "Help Progarchives.com to complete the discography and add albums."

For example, look just above the "Terminal Velocity" album here: http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=1817

Smile

Edited by projeKct - August 08 2020 at 15:49
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2020 at 10:37
^ Didn't know that, will keep that in mind in the future. How do you do that?
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2020 at 12:14
^ Thanks, done.

Normally, you can add it yourself, but I was feeling generous... Wink
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2020 at 09:18
New John Petrucci album on the way, heres the info:

first single released, its got Mike Portnoy on it Big smile
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2020 at 17:18
^ I've tried to make it as clear as possible, but not sure it's not anyway confusing.
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2020 at 15:44
Well, after deeper investigating, it's more complicated than that...

Read this quote (PA review from "Bonnek") :

Depending on your version of the CD, you might end up with different track listings though. The most common issue you are likely to find now has 3 versions of the title track. The bonus Aguirre III adds moog and percussion and is absolutely stunning, part II doesn't deviate much from part I (except for the acoustic second half). There's also the 17 minute unworldly electronic minimalism of Vergegenwärtigung. The two acoustic pieces complete album.

Then there's a version that only has Aguirre I & II, together the two acoustic tracks and a 14 minute piece called Vergegenwärtigung that is entirely different from the 17 minute version on the regular CD. In fact that 14 minute version is a compilation of 3 acoustic tracks available on other Popol Vuh albums. By means of compensation you get the marvelous three part piano suite Spirit of Peace.

To make things entirely confusing, there's also a CD of the album which only has Aguirre I, followed by the two tracks from the In Den Gärten Pharaos album and the Spirit of Peace track.

So... We may have to explain this on the album page!

projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2020 at 15:30
Originally posted by tempest_77 tempest_77 wrote:

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=6914

Every source I can find online points to track 5, "Vergegenwärtigung", being 16:51, not 14:43, which would also bring the total time up to 36:29.

Very relaxing... Smile
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2020 at 15:18
^ Thanks, done.
tempest_77 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tempest_77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2020 at 14:42
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=6914

Every source I can find online points to track 5, "Vergegenwärtigung", being 16:51, not 14:43, which would also bring the total time up to 36:29.
I use they/them pronouns (feel free to ask me about this!)

Check out my music on my bandcamp!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2020 at 07:36
^ First of all, we, E&O Team, are not admins. And I'll never be (don't know about Julien though).
Second - if you think admins revise all additions, it's not so because it would have been a full-time job.
And last, but not least, PA guidelines were written for ALL registered members, it's not a special instruction for collaborators only. Smile 
Xymph View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xymph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2020 at 02:37
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

Xymph, I think this:

Releases information

https://www.rush.com/permanent-waves-40th-anniversary/
https://www.discogs.com/Rush-Permanent-Waves/release/15398398
https://www.discogs.com/Rush-Permanent-Waves/release/15405290

was a bad innovation. Please don't distribute it to your future additions. Smile
ISTR having done this once or twice before. As in that case, these URLs were merely meant as sources for you admins to extract further info from in the format used by PA. It appears to have served that purpose to you indeed. Wink
I had to put it in the releases field because there is no separate sources field. It's not a (proposed) innovation, I am not that involved with PA (spread thin enough elsewhere already Smile ).

Edited by Xymph - August 02 2020 at 02:41
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 203204205206207 490>