Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 491>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snow Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2012 at 13:52
I don't know. Is it a single/ EP or not? That is the question.
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2012 at 14:02
^ Looks more like an album, but their MySpace page is temporarily closed, so I don't know what the band thinks of this record.

I prefer to wait a little (means "completely forgotten" till somebody remind us).
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Sheavy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2012 at 22:24
This Lustmord album is a compilation.

ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2012 at 03:54
^ sorted and thanks
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2012 at 10:13
Hi you guys! _I'm not sure where I should post this, but here goes: yesterday I was fooling around on the site - looking at the rio avant releases of 2011, and by some stroke of magic it seems that I've ranked QUINTORIGO English Garden.
This was certainly not my intention, firstly because I haven't heard the album but moreover because I don't do ratings without reviews. Is there a way that I can erase this myself - or do I need someone with the proper powers to do so for me?

And no it was neither my intention to write this in bold, but yeah I don't know what's going on...
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2012 at 10:54
^ Only admins can delete reviews/ratings. Please contact any of "the powers that be". Smile
Sheavy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2012 at 14:27
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Hi you guys! _I'm not sure where I should post this, but here goes: yesterday I was fooling around on the site - looking at the rio avant releases of 2011, and by some stroke of magic it seems that I've ranked QUINTORIGO English Garden.
This was certainly not my intention, firstly because I haven't heard the album but moreover because I don't do ratings without reviews. Is there a way that I can erase this myself - or do I need someone with the proper powers to do so for me?

And no it was neither my intention to write this in bold, but yeah I don't know what's going on...

You have to buy the album and listen to it now.
tendst View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tendst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2012 at 05:27
... the album MAGUS - highway 375  appears to be an EP. Thanks for moving it.

Justification: length, it's a mini CD, some of its tracks reappear on full albums later, and independent opinion here.
"Nabu-ku-du-ur-ri-usur sar Babili"
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2012 at 05:35
Originally posted by tendst tendst wrote:

... the album MAGUS - highway 375  appears to be an EP. Thanks for moving it.

Justification: length, it's a mini CD, some of its tracks reappear on full albums later, and independent opinion here.

More like a compilation:

Quote Lucid Dreamer is a compilation release containing the Traveller album from 1997 (minus a couple of tracks), the entire Highway 375 EP from 1998, and two live tracks from 2000 that were previously unreleased.

EDIT: moved to compilations.

Edited by Tuzvihar - February 05 2012 at 06:44
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
Cesar Inca View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cesar Inca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2012 at 23:51

So good that Japanese band HI-SPEED has been incorporated in PA.

On the other hand, the credits to their sole album (http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=36446) list too many musicians. Only the first five were proper band members: the others were guest musicians, or collaborators if you prefer. Anyway, the credits published in PA should be more accurate by clarifying this difference.

Thank you for your attention.

DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2012 at 02:11
^ I have their album and cannot find any "proper" or "guest" thingies ... anyway, they were a one-off / temporary project for this album and for Mizuhiro's musical incarnation.
Eclipse2008 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eclipse2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2012 at 14:52
Hi there!.
this morning I was reading the page related to an italian group called ESAGONO and I discovered that the section of their album APCALYPSO actually lacks all the titles.

The link to the page is:

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=18447

Track titles and timings are as follows:

01 - Napalm    04'16,45"
02 - Metti Una Sera A Cena    04'32,03"
03 - Maia    05'06,00"
04 - Seven Steps Among The Clouds    04'52,74"
05 - Guajira De Amor    06'52,19"
06 - Musica Nera    04'08,10"
07 - Spazi Aperti    04'55,43"
08 - Alfa Beta Cometa    02'30,66"
09 - Leggenda Metropolitana    04'15,53"
10 - Rainstick    04'17,48"
11 - C'Est La Vie    04'28,47"

Total time    50'16,33"

Musicians:

Marco Cimino - Rhodes Piano; Prophet 5; Arp 2600; Flute
Giorgio Diaferia - Drums
Marco Gallesi - Bass
Diego Mascherpa - Soprano Sax; Clarinet

Special thanks to:

Lautaro Acosta - Violin
Aldo Caramellino - Trombone
Gianfranco Marchesi - Trombone
Orazio Lodin - Bassoon

I hope this could help you to complete the section.
Thank You

Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snow Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2012 at 14:57
Thanks. I have added the info. I will sort it out to look correct later
tupan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2012 at 06:43
This album is not a studio album, it's a live EP: http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=36604

My errorOuch
"Prog is Not Dead and never has been." (Will Sergeant, from Echo And The Bunnymen)
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2012 at 07:00
^ sorted, moved to Live releases
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2012 at 08:02
^ Why not to EPs?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2012 at 08:04
^erm...forgive my ignorance here but do live releases have to be album length to qualify?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2012 at 08:39
^ Not necessarily. I think it depends on how the band categorizes them. And there are live EPs like The Doors "Live at the Hollywood Bowl" (http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=13944).

In case of DEAD CAN DANCE it's strange that "Live Happenings - Part 1" is in live albums (http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=36604) and Part 2 in EPs (http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=36607).

Question to tupan
Is 
- Name / guitars
- Name / drums
actual DEAD CAN DANCE line-up? Wink
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2012 at 08:53
Wouldn't it be better for consistency if all live releases, irrespective of length, were included in Live releases (I mean you ain't gonna look in the EP's for a live recording are you?)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2012 at 09:40
It's not that simple. EPs section is called "Official Singles, EPs, Fan Club & Promo". 
For example, KING CRIMSON have more than 30 full-length live albums in this section.
URIAH HEEP have 3 so-called instant CDs which were available for fans to buy straight after the show (remaining copies were available for some time, but when they are gone, they are gone). I think their place is in "Fan Club & Promo".

In my opinion live album is something more or less lenghty and available not for fans only.

Returning to DEAD CAN DANCE, I tend to place mentioned releases in EPs.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 491>