Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6263646566 490>
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razors Edge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2014 at 03:13
APP's "Sicilian Defence" is not a compilation but a never released studio album included in "The Complete Albums Collection". 
http://www.the-alan-parsons-project.com/i-robot-deluxe-35th-anniversary-edition

Furthermore, TCAC  and APP officialo site dont'include "Freudiana" among the APP studio albums.  "Freudiana" is an Eric Woolfson's album.
http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=846366
(you can read "by ERIC WOOLFSON")

The edit to be made:
1) Move "Sicilian Defence" from Compilation Section to Studio Section
2) Entry "The Complete Albums Collection" in Compilation Section
3) Move "Freudiana" in Eric Woolfson's studio album section.
This story ends where it began.
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2014 at 11:59
Originally posted by Razors Edge Razors Edge wrote:

The edit to be made:

1) Move "Sicilian Defence" from Compilation Section to Studio Section
Moved to Studio albums. Though it seems it was never released separately, only as a part of "The Complete Albums Collection" and should rather be deleted. Smile 

2) Entry "The Complete Albums Collection" in Compilation Section
If you have enough info you, as any PA member, can add it by yourself.

3) Move "Freudiana" in Eric Woolfson's studio album section.
I'm afraid debates is it APP or Eric Wolfson album will never end. 
If you'd like to, please contact Crossover Team (APP belongs here to Crossover Prog). If they agree they'll move the album to Wolfson's discography. 
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2014 at 08:19
I think this is a live, not a studio album

Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
The Bearded Bard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2014 at 13:27
^ Moved and otherwise updated. Thanks!
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2014 at 03:47
Hi there !! I just submitted my first item to the Atomic Rooster discog and my photo turned out upside-down. I wasn't aware my rambling notes were also included on the page as such. I thought this goes through some relevant admin. dude and gets sorted that way. Would appreciate someone to correct my douche-baggery.....
Thanks.
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2014 at 04:02
...Ah, found it. 

What?
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2014 at 04:15
Thanks Dean, you workaholic you !!!
Razors Edge View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razors Edge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2014 at 08:14
Led Zeppelin's Coda is a Studio Album, not a Compilation

Sources: There are many ones, like the liner notes of Led Zeppelin Box Set, Vol. 2 and the label of The Complete Studio Recordings.
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2014 at 10:27

Sources: There are many ones, like the liner notes of Led Zeppelin Box Set, Vol. 2 and the label of The Complete Studio Recordings.
Meh, it's a compilation of unreleased live and studio cuts spanning 9 years from 1969 to 1978, released after Bohnam's death and their subsequent disbandment. It's fine where it is.

Edited by Dean - April 26 2014 at 10:28
What?
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2014 at 12:27
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

Meh, it's a compilation of unreleased live and studio cuts spanning 9 years from 1969 to 1978, released after Bohnam's death and their subsequent disbandment. It's fine where it is.

Absolutely agree, Dean.

It was a mess of an album released by Atlantic following the demise of Bonham, the break up of the band, and a realisation that this was, at the time, the only way the cash cow could continue.

It was most certainly not a studio album in the traditional way we understand, I.e. A band going into the studio to record and release original material. Rather, it was a collection of disparate live and studio recordings. Where the site has it is absolutely spot on.

Not that it really matters, but it was also bloody awful. I remember being very disappointed when I got it on release.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Razors Edge View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razors Edge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2014 at 02:57
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Absolutely agree, Dean.

It was a mess of an album released by Atlantic following the demise of Bonham, the break up of the band, and a realisation that this was, at the time, the only way the cash cow could continue.

It was most certainly not a studio album in the traditional way we understand, I.e. A band going into the studio to record and release original material. Rather, it was a collection of disparate live and studio recordings. Where the site has it is absolutely spot on.

Not that it really matters, but it was also bloody awful. I remember being very disappointed when I got it on release.

I thought the sources were more important than the opinions of some prog fan...

Led Zeppelin's The Complete Studio Recordings box set include Coda, so it's self-evident. Jones, Page and Plant never rejected the album, that is in the discography section of LZ official site.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2014 at 07:10

Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Absolutely agree, Dean.

I thought the sources were more important than the opinions of some prog fan...

Led Zeppelin's The Complete Studio Recordings box set include Coda, so it's self-evident. Jones, Page and Plant never rejected the album, that is in the discography section of LZ official site.

Clearly, it is not self evident, otherwise we wouldn't be having this rather pointless discussion, eh?

The fact that Coda is included in this box set you raise is neither here nor there. Coda was not a studio album in the sense we mean here, I.e. that the band went into a studio in 1979, recorded an album, and then, after a polite delay re Bonham dying, went on to release Coda. That never happened.

The last traditional Led Zep album was In Through The Out Door. They were touring that when I saw them live in Knebworth, Bonham's last ever UK gig.

Coda was a posthumous release of various songs recorded live and studio over a number of years, in other words a compilation of songs. That is why it is in the right place here. End of pointless discussion. 

Edited by lazland - April 28 2014 at 07:11
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 11:38
I saw these two albums on the recently added albums list. I don't believe they are by the same band listed on Prog Archives, Omnia, a symphonic prog band from Argentina: http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=586

The discography for the other Omnia is here: http://www.worldofomnia.com/?p=discography

They describe themselves as a "bohemian PaganFolk band

I hope I've described the problem accurately.

Thanks for your time!
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 13:38
^ Thanks, definitely it's another band.

I'll ask Admins to delete these albums because these "pagans" are not on PA.
alienshore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alienshore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 02:47

Hello! Kazachstán biography has bad name of poet, the correct name is Jaroslav Zila and also the album V Hrudi Ptak has bad name of bass player, the name is Radovan Leskovský. Thanks.

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=8862

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 09:14
^ Thanks, done.
Also added the link to the band's website.
Per Kohler View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Per Kohler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 05:43
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=24074 Peter Gabriel 'Blood of Eden Cd single was released in 1993 and not 1986.
Per Köhler
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 10:16
^ Thanks, done.
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 12:36
I believe this is a 1977 LP with a 1996 re-release of CD+2 bonus tracks but I leave it on you to make the final decision

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=548
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_Melgar_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 13:58
Originally posted by aapatsos aapatsos wrote:

I believe this is a 1977 LP with a 1996 re-release of CD+2 bonus tracks but I leave it on you to make the final decision

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=548

I agree, but insist that this album must stay.

The 1977 album only released 200 badly recorded copies that reached almost nobody

A note could be made, but this is the only reliable source that can be found

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6263646566 490>