Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 155156157158159 489>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2016 at 09:27
Eugene,
Could you please find the time to check the credits on these albums

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=1807
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=1808
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=32884

I intended to somehow confirm their accuracy but couldn't find a reliable source, maybe you can  ? (or anybody else who reads this)
Thanks

Edited by Quinino - May 07 2016 at 13:03
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2016 at 18:34
^ José, most likely credits are correct, I have to look at CD booklets (no earlier than the next week)
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2016 at 19:08
Originally posted by Lima96 Lima96 wrote:

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=51957
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=51960

These two albums were submitted under John Zorn, although the whole rest of the Book of Angels series is filed here under Masada (except for particular cases in which are albums played by artists already in the archives like Pat Metheny, Secret Chiefs 3 or Medeski, Martin & Wood).

Shouldn't the same be done here as well?

It took some time to get the point. So we have MASADA band: http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=5151 (one of John Zorn's projects) and lots of albums from "The Book of Angels" series.
Like in case of many John Zorn's albums, it's not that easy to sort this heap out (unless you're a fan).

All I know is: if all these angels are MASADA albums, it's OK, if not - they have to be either moved to respective PA artists' pages or, if none of the musicians is on PA, deleted.

It's rather a question to RIO/Avant team.
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2016 at 17:32
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=51130

1. Never Enough (5:40)
2. Life’s Carousel (6:03)
3. Out Of Mind (5:08)
4. Breaking The Cycle (5:06)
5. Archived (2:57)
6. Empathy (5:29)
7. Moment Of Clarity (5:35)
8. Right On Track (4:49)
9. Go No Go (5:55)
10. Get A Life (4:02)
11. I Am (4:29)
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2016 at 17:43
^ E&O Team: Thanks, done.

CassandraLeo View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CassandraLeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2016 at 13:10
The title of Gorguts' EP Pleiades' Dust is misspelled. Someone may also wish to add the names of the movements to the track listing:

I. Thinker's Slumber (0:00-4:05)
II. Wandering Times (4:05-7:16)
III. Within the Rounded Walls (7:16-9:29)
IV. Pearls of Translation (9:29-12:44)
V. Compendiums (12:44-18:04)
VI. Stranded Minds on the Shores of Doubt (18:04-21:14)
VII. Besieged (21:14-33:00)

(The times of the movements are my own guesses based on the lyrics, but I’m pretty sure that all of them are very close to what the band intended them to be. The only one I’m not 100% certain about is the transition from V to VI, which could also be about forty-five seconds earlier).
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2016 at 16:51
^ Thanks, the title changed.

I could not find booklet images, some confirming link (or image) with parts' titles would be helpful.
As well as the line-up information which is empty now.

As for times, in my opinion if we don't have precise info we can't rely on guesses (even if they are most likely correct).
CassandraLeo View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CassandraLeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2016 at 01:14
I don't have a way to take clear photos of the packaging right now, but will try to do so this weekend. I have the album on LP and don't have a 12"x24" scanner, so photographing it is my only option. The movements are listed at several other sites, though, including Discogs and Metal Archives (click on either "show lyrics" or "additional notes" for the latter). I've tried to find an official source that contains them, but I'm coming up empty.

The main change in the lineup is that Patrice Hamelin is now the drummer, and has been since 2014 (although he's been playing with them live since 2011). Otherwise the lineup is the same as for Colored Sands.

Edited by CassandraLeo - May 12 2016 at 01:20
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2016 at 11:27
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=18794

Studio Album NOT Compilation
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2016 at 17:25
^
I had to correct the album's title, update the cover, format the tracks names and durations, calculate the album's total duration, complete the release info, rearrange the line-up and finally move to Studio as (well) suggested.

E&O Team: Thanks, done. 

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2016 at 03:44
Originally posted by CassandraLeo CassandraLeo wrote:

I don't have a way to take clear photos of the packaging right now, but will try to do so this weekend. I have the album on LP and don't have a 12"x24" scanner, so photographing it is my only option. The movements are listed at several other sites, though, including Discogs and Metal Archives (click on either "show lyrics" or "additional notes" for the latter). I've tried to find an official source that contains them, but I'm coming up empty.

The main change in the lineup is that Patrice Hamelin is now the drummer, and has been since 2014 (although he's been playing with them live since 2011). Otherwise the lineup is the same as for Colored Sands.

Thanks, that's a sufficient info, I've rearranged the page using your links. No photos needed.

Edited by NotAProghead - May 13 2016 at 04:21
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2016 at 00:01
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=52119

instead of Lasse Bolin
- Erik Zetterlund / drums, percussion
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2016 at 21:05
^ Thanks, done.
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2016 at 11:32
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=2542

Web link
http://frost.life/

E&O Team: Thanks, done.

Edited by NotAProghead - May 18 2016 at 20:09
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2016 at 15:08
^ I would suggest you change the photo, too

Thanks, done.

Edited by NotAProghead - May 18 2016 at 20:09
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2016 at 23:34
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=52155

Bonus tracks in the wrong place
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2016 at 04:30
^ E&O Team: Thanks, done.

Corrected, but I'll have to go back sometime after it will be out there (with more info online besides Bandcamp) to update the whole thing

(Or you could be a good boy and provide that info ? Big smile)

Edited by Quinino - May 21 2016 at 06:44
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2016 at 15:25
I'm not sure if this album should be listed here. Sure, SBB played on it and J. Skrzek composed the music but it was issued under H. Frąckowiak's name not as SBB.

Edited by Tuzvihar - May 21 2016 at 15:26
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2016 at 16:40
^ Formally it should be deleted.

As I understand, SBB was a backing band for Halina Frąckowiak on this record. From the other hand, the album shows another side of SBB (unfortunately we don't have a kind of "Collaboration" section on artists' pages). I tend to let it live, but if you don't agree let's ask admins to delete it. 
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2016 at 16:48
^ Not that anyone cares, but that's my opinion, too.
Let It Live !
 But maybe one could add an explanatory note (for example on the releases section), just for future memory?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 155156157158159 489>