Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 163164165166167 490>
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlmarx38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 15:14
Originally posted by historian9 historian9 wrote:

^What polls are you talking about specifically?

I'm not familiar with Jon's solo discography so I don't know how much he fits the prog related category, but if his solo career isn't all that much of prog rock then it fits fine that he sits in that kind of category with the rest of the artists who made an large impact on prog rock but in their solo career they aren't that clear cut as genres go.

I'm referring to the "Top Albums" listings which are what I look at about 90% of the time, either the "Top Prog Albums of all time" or the "Top Prog Albums of 2016" (which has to be done manually of course because you are no longer allowed to directly allowed to link directly to the current year until at or near the end of the year.

As for Jon's solo listings, good luck. He covers every genre in the book, but always with (IMO) a prog edge to everything he has done. 
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 15:43
Top Album Listings are just made up by the system automatically going by ratings on the albums, if that album gets transferred into a regular prog genre, then it will come up in the list automatically.
carlmarx38 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlmarx38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 16:16
Originally posted by historian9 historian9 wrote:

Top Album Listings are just made up by the system automatically going by ratings on the albums, if that album gets transferred into a regular prog genre, then it will come up in the list automatically.

My point exactly. My question is whether the administrators would consider including "Prog Related" in the system algorithm, so that Jon Anderson and Anderson/Stolt would get bumped into the "Top Albums" listings.

But since we are also talking about David Bowie, Black Sabbath, and Led Zeppelin, who many fans might object to having those albums "pollute" the waters of the "Top Prog Albums" listings.....I realize it is a questionable request. The easy solution is just to change Jon Anderson to "Eclectic Prog" or "Symphonic Prog" or whatever.
  (or of course just give Anderson/Stolt their own listing, and let the lovers of "Olias of Sunhillow" just suffer !)
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 16:27
Like I said, only way to have Anderson on the same top list like that is to have them in that category. We can't change how algorithms are set up, only the site owner can do that and I don't see that happening any time soon.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2016 at 03:51
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=9677

I can't agree on this track list, I guess something got scrambled along the way.

Eugene, since you were the last one correcting it , could you please take a look and tell me your thoughts ?

Thanks, mate.

https://www.discogs.com/Jean-Luc-Ponty-St%C3%A9phane-Grappelli-Featuring-Maurice-Vander-Philippe-Catherine-Tony-Bonfils-Andre-Ce/master/283733

http://www.allmusic.com/album/jean-luc-ponty-st%C3%A9phane-grappelli-mw0001446559
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2016 at 14:36
^ José, I guess I've only formatted the text (you know, about half of additions on PA are not formatted well Angry) without checking the track list.

You're right, track list is wrong, the line-up, I'm afraid, too. Please correct it. 
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2016 at 14:55
^ Hye, Hye Sir ! Big smile 

Just wanted to check with you before messing anything up.
I wish we didn't have to know about bad formatting, Eugene, it has been my nightmare for the last few months.

Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2016 at 09:25
The track list of this album doesn't give the idea of a epic with many parts , but I don't know the best way to fix it:
Discogs has the back cover image to prove:

Another thing I noticed: on this bio there are many links but only the first one works (which is the "official website").
The Youtube and Facebook links don't even make any sense. These ones do:
https://www.youtube.com/user/nicolarandone
https://www.facebook.com/randoneprog

Edited by Meltdowner - July 20 2016 at 09:50
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2016 at 16:21
^ Thanks, both done.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2016 at 05:32
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=12240

Most certainly a bootleg edition, was on Studio, moved to Live.
No reviews, no ratings - propose to deletion, please confirm.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2016 at 06:34
^ All resources I see tell it's unofficial/bootleg. Looks like a candidate for deletion.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2016 at 07:40
^ OK, thanks, admin informed
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2016 at 07:49
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=52123

This is a Studio Album with 6 tracks 
http://music.jasonrubenstein.com/album/four-named-narratives

1. Three Ounces Into A Two Ounce Whiskey (8:40)
2. The Conundrum Archives (6:30)
3. Laboratories In Exile (6:24)
4. The Hero Leaves The Suburbs, Goes To Hell, And Comes Back (7:43)
5. The Barbarian (4:49)   (bonus track - ELP cover)
6. Veils In The Serpent Wind, Part II (6:59)  (bonus track)

Total Time 41:05

Jason Rubenstein: Keyboards
Tom Hipskind: Drums
Shawn Sommer: Bass and Bass Synthesizer  (1-5)
Daniel van den Berg: Guitars (6)
Mirko Borach: Bass (6)

Label: Gearhead Music
Format: Digital
May 30, 2016

Edited by NotAProghead - July 29 2016 at 17:12
Alex Brunori View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Brunori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2016 at 15:38
Leviathan biography errors
Can you please substitute the existing biography - full of errors - with the following correct one? thanks

Leviathan biography

It's very common to find Italian Symphonic bands, but no so much when we are talking about Italian Neo Prog bands. So when I knew I had to write again the LEVIATHAN bio, I placed special interest in them, to see how they blended their traditional and peculiar melodic sense with the strength and modernity of Neo Prog.

LEVIATHAN was formed in 1985 by three very young Italian musicians, Alex Brunori, vocals and lyrics, Franco Pezzella keyboards and Andrea Moneta, drums. Immediately the band started to work at their first demo "The 7% Solution EP" which saw the light in the same year. This demo has two long tracks, but sadly and because it was a tape and the distribution was limited, there are almost no copies of it today. But the point was made and they caught the attention of the critics due to their particular sound.

In 1987 LEVIATHAN recruits Sandro Wlderk (Bass) and Rocco Paterna (Guitar) and their definitive lineup is complete, with Wlderk credited for all the compositions and Brunori for all the lyrics and the conceptual art direction. Just before recording their first album, Rocco Paterna leaves the band, replaced by Giorgio Carana (recently deceased in 2016). They produce and release their official debut called "Heartquake", which for many is the first Neo Prog Italian release, in 1500 copies, 300 of which in red vinyl limited edition. The band starts a long and successful tour in Italyin 1988  to support the album.

"Heartquake" presents clear influences of GENESIS, MARILLION and PENDRAGON, but with a clear respect to the lyrical and melodic roots of Italian Symphonic bands like PFM or BANCO DEL MUTUO SOCCORSO.

In 1989 Pezzella leaves the band and is replaced by the classically trained keyboardist Andrea Amici and they start the recording sessions of their second album, "Bee Yourself", which was again released independently in 1500 copies, , 300 of which in yellow vinyl limited edition. The album will be later reprinted in CD by Contempo and in vinyl by the Korean label "Jigu Records" (in 1991).

The album was a great success among critics and fans. It presented a 25 minutes suite, Bee Yourself, that gave them the chance to perform not only in Italy, but also in France as well as in an epic presentation at the "Teatro Olimpico" in Roma. 

In this occasion the Neo Prog tendencies blend with an exquisite Jazzy vibe which makes of "Bee Yourself" a rich and versatile album.

In 1993, Musea Records gets interested in the band and releases a CD version of "Heartquake" with a previously unreleased bonus track, but it is the beginning of the end. Giorgio Carana first and Sandro Wlderk later leave the band with internal problems culminating with Alex Brunori, singer and lyricist, leaving the band as well. Leviathan remained almost in a sabbatical until 1998, when they released their third album "Volume", which was the first to be sung exclusively in Italian by the new singer, Paolo Antinori (while the previous ones where sung in English). 

Sadly, according to their fans, "Volume" is also the weakest of the trilogy, but still you can find many wonderful sounds, arrangements and solid guitar performances that make it worth getting.

In 2003, the Finnish Prog Conceptual Epic Opera "Kalevala" is released, and "LEVIATHAN" is invited to contribute to the project, adding the 10 minutes track "Filo di Lama" (Edge of the Blade). The success was so strong that they were invited to participate in a similar project called "Colossus of Rodhes" in 2004, where they contributed with a 26 minutes suite called "Un Pensero e Sempre Libero", which symbolizes their long and solid 24 year career.

Still it's not too late to see more from them.

Iván Melgar Morey
ProgShine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgShine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2016 at 15:40
Originally posted by mbzr48 mbzr48 wrote:

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=52123

This is a Studio Album with 6 tracks 
http://music.jasonrubenstein.com/album/four-named-narratives

1. Three Ounces Into A Two Ounce Whiskey (8:40)
2. The Conundrum Archives (6:30)
3. Laboratories In Exile (6:24)
4. The Hero Leaves The Suburbs, Goes To Hell, And Comes Back (7:43)
5. The Barbarian (4:49)   (bonus track - ELP cover)
6. Veils In The Serpent Wind, Part II (6:59)  (bonus track)

Total Time 41:05

Jason Rubenstein: Keyboards
Tom Hipskind: Drums
Shawn Sommer: Bass and Bass Synthesizer  (1-5)
Daniel van den Berg: Guitars (6)
Mirko Borach: Bass (6)

Label: Gearhead Music
Format: Digital
May 30, 2016

I updated the album. However I didn't change it to an album. Cause it seems the extra tracks were added later and if they are bonus, the album is an EP after all.
https://progshinerecords.bandcamp.com

ProgShine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgShine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2016 at 15:44
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

^ All resources I see tell it's unofficial/bootleg. Looks like a candidate for deletion.

NotAProghead, I have a question. Riverside just released a new edition of their latest studio album.

However this new edition is completely different with a lot of extra material and a different artwork.

Should I add it as a Compilation/Box set?

mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2016 at 07:53
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=52289

1. Dot (1:04) 
2. God The Universe And Everything Else No One Really Cares About Part. 1 (23:36) 
3. Higher Ground (10:11) 
4. Steer By The Stars (4:22)
5. Travelling Minds (5:03)
6. God The Universe And Everything Else No One Really Cares About Part. 2 (5:59)
ProgShine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgShine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2016 at 03:31
Originally posted by mbzr48 mbzr48 wrote:

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=52289

1. Dot (1:04) 
2. God The Universe And Everything Else No One Really Cares About Part. 1 (23:36) 
3. Higher Ground (10:11) 
4. Steer By The Stars (4:22)
5. Travelling Minds (5:03)
6. God The Universe And Everything Else No One Really Cares About Part. 2 (5:59)

Updated! Thanks!

Smile

Edited by ProgShine - July 28 2016 at 03:31

Modrigue View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Modrigue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2016 at 05:23
Hello,

Not really an error per se, but Twelfth Night's album order is not totally correct. "Smiling at Grief" has been released before "Fact and Fiction":
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2016 at 06:31
Originally posted by Modrigue Modrigue wrote:

Hello,

Not really an error per se, but Twelfth Night's album order is not totally correct. "Smiling at Grief" has been released before "Fact and Fiction":

You are certainly right, my friend, Fact and fiction was released only in December

E&O Team: Thanks, done !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 163164165166167 490>