Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 164165166167168 489>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2016 at 01:06
Hi E & O Team!

I've been contacted directly by the keyboard player of Ad Maiora, Sergio Caleca, who also has a side-project called Habelard 2, which can be found on the Archives here: http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=8592

He has asked if all except two albums could please be removed from the Discography section. He wrote exactly:

"QWERTY (2013) and IL RITORNO DEL GALLO CEDRONE (2015) can please stay. The others are only demo-tapes that nobody knows except me and some friends and parents.(!)"

Is this allowed and/or something your team can easily do?

Thank you for your advice/help!

Michael.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2016 at 03:04
^
Hi, Michael

I can't see the point - all records are mentioned on his webpage, with covers and all !!!
Are you friends with him? Maybe you could ask for a strong(er) reason why we should omit such info here.

Deletions are executed by the admins and dependent on certain preconditions, I don't feel confident to propose it in this case, let's see if someone from E&O comes forward with a better judgement ...

Cheers, thanks
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2016 at 03:19
Hi Jose, I have regular contact with a wide range of the Italian prog musicians and community, and he simply got in contact to ask about it. He pretty much said that only the most recent two are the official albums that can be purchased.

I'm wondering if they were accidently added in the first place, being mistaken for official albums?
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2016 at 03:57
^ Maybe so, but you certainly share with me that inclusions can be inadequate and/or careless -and sometimes they are - but with exclusions  we have to (try to) be more careful.

I'm also wondering why should he want PA to not have his demos (?) documented, while he has them all on his webpage ? Artists can be very...peculiar !

Michael, I defend we must be (creatively) consistent across the board, therefore I suggest we wait to hear more experienced opinions on this particular subject of "Demos rejected by the author - should or should not PA act on behalf of the self-doubtful musician ?"  Big smile

mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2016 at 07:31
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=52044

1. The Astrographic Temple (Instrumental) (8:22) 
2. Black Light Back (9:48) 
3. Swirling Contour (7:34) 
4. Canova's Gypsoteque (Instrumental) (8:02) 
5. Journey Through Mine (12:30) 
6. Five Lands Nightwind (Instrumental) (11:28) 
7. Butterflies (7:08) 

Total time 64:52

Label: Ma.Ra.Cash Records
FormatCD
September 30, 2016

E&O Team: Thanks, done.
Hope details will not change to September. 

Edited by NotAProghead - July 30 2016 at 07:46
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2016 at 07:36
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Hi Jose, I have regular contact with a wide range of the Italian prog musicians and community, and he simply got in contact to ask about it. He pretty much said that only the most recent two are the official albums that can be purchased.

I'm wondering if they were accidently added in the first place, being mistaken for official albums?

Originally posted by Quinino Quinino wrote:

^ Maybe so, but you certainly share with me that inclusions can be inadequate and/or careless -and sometimes they are - but with exclusions  we have to (try to) be more careful.

I'm also wondering why should he want PA to not have his demos (?) documented, while he has them all on his webpage ? Artists can be very...peculiar !

Michael, I defend we must be (creatively) consistent across the board, therefore I suggest we wait to hear more experienced opinions on this particular subject of "Demos rejected by the author - should or should not PA act on behalf of the self-doubtful musician ?"  Big smile

Let's try to sort this situation out.

First of all, the artist name on PA is HABELARD2, not Sergio Caleca. I think we need to ask Crossover team whether only albums of HABELARD2 should be on PA or they'd like to have here all Sergio Caleca albums (projects). 

In case of the first option (HABELARD2) only QwertyIl Ritorno Del Gallo Cedrone and "Maybe" (2016, not added yet) should stay, the rest have to be deleted. Looks like it's exactly what the musician wants.

In the 2nd case it's probably worth to change the artist name to HABELARD2/Sergio Caleca and move all demos to "Singles/EPs/Promo" category. 

Edited by NotAProghead - July 30 2016 at 07:38
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2016 at 08:15
Originally posted by ProgShine ProgShine wrote:

Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

^ All resources I see tell it's unofficial/bootleg. Looks like a candidate for deletion.

NotAProghead, I have a question. Riverside just released a new edition of their latest studio album.

However this new edition is completely different with a lot of extra material and a different artwork.

Should I add it as a Compilation/Box set?

Diego, as I see new release has slightly different artworks and includes:
2. The album in HR and surround sound on DVD.
3. Bonus audio tracks (previously released on double CD version of the album).
4. Four bonus videos

Only bonus videos are new material. So I would add details of this release to existing album.
From the other hand, adding it as a separate entry to Compilations would not be a crime as well. In this case future reviewers may concentrate on its features (the quality of HR and surround mixes etc). 
It's up to you to decide.

Edited by NotAProghead - July 30 2016 at 09:04
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2016 at 09:02
Originally posted by Alex Brunori Alex Brunori wrote:

Leviathan biography errors
Can you please substitute the existing biography - full of errors - with the following correct one? thanks

Leviathan biography

It's very common to find Italian Symphonic bands, but no so much when we are talking about Italian Neo Prog bands. So when I knew I had to write again the LEVIATHAN bio, I placed special interest in them, to see how they blended their traditional and peculiar melodic sense with the strength and modernity of Neo Prog.

LEVIATHAN was formed in 1985 by three very young Italian musicians, Alex Brunori, vocals and lyrics, Franco Pezzella keyboards and Andrea Moneta, drums. Immediately the band started to work at their first demo "The 7% Solution EP" which saw the light in the same year. This demo has two long tracks, but sadly and because it was a tape and the distribution was limited, there are almost no copies of it today. But the point was made and they caught the attention of the critics due to their particular sound.

In 1987 LEVIATHAN recruits Sandro Wlderk (Bass) and Rocco Paterna (Guitar) and their definitive lineup is complete, with Wlderk credited for all the compositions and Brunori for all the lyrics and the conceptual art direction. Just before recording their first album, Rocco Paterna leaves the band, replaced by Giorgio Carana (recently deceased in 2016). They produce and release their official debut called "Heartquake", which for many is the first Neo Prog Italian release, in 1500 copies, 300 of which in red vinyl limited edition. The band starts a long and successful tour in Italyin 1988  to support the album.

"Heartquake" presents clear influences of GENESIS, MARILLION and PENDRAGON, but with a clear respect to the lyrical and melodic roots of Italian Symphonic bands like PFM or BANCO DEL MUTUO SOCCORSO.

In 1989 Pezzella leaves the band and is replaced by the classically trained keyboardist Andrea Amici and they start the recording sessions of their second album, "Bee Yourself", which was again released independently in 1500 copies, , 300 of which in yellow vinyl limited edition. The album will be later reprinted in CD by Contempo and in vinyl by the Korean label "Jigu Records" (in 1991).

The album was a great success among critics and fans. It presented a 25 minutes suite, Bee Yourself, that gave them the chance to perform not only in Italy, but also in France as well as in an epic presentation at the "Teatro Olimpico" in Roma. 

In this occasion the Neo Prog tendencies blend with an exquisite Jazzy vibe which makes of "Bee Yourself" a rich and versatile album.

In 1993, Musea Records gets interested in the band and releases a CD version of "Heartquake" with a previously unreleased bonus track, but it is the beginning of the end. Giorgio Carana first and Sandro Wlderk later leave the band with internal problems culminating with Alex Brunori, singer and lyricist, leaving the band as well. Leviathan remained almost in a sabbatical until 1998, when they released their third album "Volume", which was the first to be sung exclusively in Italian by the new singer, Paolo Antinori (while the previous ones where sung in English). 

Sadly, according to their fans, "Volume" is also the weakest of the trilogy, but still you can find many wonderful sounds, arrangements and solid guitar performances that make it worth getting.

In 2003, the Finnish Prog Conceptual Epic Opera "Kalevala" is released, and "LEVIATHAN" is invited to contribute to the project, adding the 10 minutes track "Filo di Lama" (Edge of the Blade). The success was so strong that they were invited to participate in a similar project called "Colossus of Rodhes" in 2004, where they contributed with a 26 minutes suite called "Un Pensero e Sempre Libero", which symbolizes their long and solid 24 year career.

Still it's not too late to see more from them.

Iván Melgar Morey

Thanks, done.
I've only made minor changes (quotation marks, past - present tense). Please look at the result: http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=216.

My only question: what's correct (the first demo) - "The 7% Solution EP"  or "The 7% Solution" (without EP in the title)? 
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2016 at 11:36
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=51139

Called "Cover Songs" 
http://autumnelectric.bandcamp.com/album/cover-songs

1. Love My Way (Psychedelic Furs Cover) (5:30)
2. Fallen Angel (King Crimson Cover) (6:08)

Total Time 11:38

Edited by NotAProghead - July 31 2016 at 13:42
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2016 at 11:37
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=9662

You can add all the missing albums and Singles from http://autumnelectric.bandcamp.com/
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2016 at 13:43
^ U2
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2016 at 16:29
I'm not sure what channels to use to try to get this fixed, but the 2016 album release, Equations of Meaning is a work by TONY PATTERSON not "PATTERSON - EYRE" as PA has it listed. Brendan Eyre has been a frequent collaborator with Tony--on projects such as NINE STONES CLOSE, RIVERSEA, and the 2014 album Northlands, but on Equations of Meaning Brendan Eyre only contributes piano to one song. Clearly, Tony Patterson is the artist of record here, not "Patterson - Eyre."

Thanks, 
Drew Fisher
All-around well-meaning guy
Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2016 at 21:23
^ You're right, but TONY PATTERSON is not included on PA.

So I see 3 options:
1. Rename PATTERSON - EYRE to TONY PATTERSON. Most reasonable IMO. 
2. Add TONY PATTERSON as a separate artist. Too much trouble because of the only album.
3. Delete Equations of Meaning album. The worst possible solution.

Anyway Crossover Team should approve any solution. Would you like to contact them by yourself or leave it to E&O Team?
Modrigue View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Modrigue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2016 at 14:44
Hello,

The order of Klaus Schulze's 1977 albums is not totally correct:
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=1613

The correct order seems to be:
  • Body Love (1977)
  • Mirage (1977)
  • Body Love Vol. 2 (1977)

Edited by NotAProghead - August 01 2016 at 18:06
habelard2 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote habelard2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2016 at 09:03

Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Originally posted by Quinino Quinino wrote:

^ Maybe so, but you certainly share with me that inclusions can be inadequate and/or careless -and sometimes they are - but with exclusions  we have to (try to) be more careful.

Michael, I defend we must be (creatively) consistent across the board, therefore I suggest we wait to hear more experienced opinions on this particular subject of "Demos rejected by the author - should or should not PA act on behalf of the self-doubtful musician ?"  Big smile

Let's try to sort this situation out.

First of all, the artist name on PA is HABELARD2, not Sergio Caleca. I think we need to ask Crossover team whether only albums of HABELARD2 should be on PA or they'd like to have here all Sergio Caleca albums (projects). 

In case of the first option (HABELARD2) only QwertyIl Ritorno Del Gallo Cedrone and "Maybe" (2016, not added yet) should stay, the rest have to be deleted. Looks like it's exactly what the musician wants.

In the 2nd case it's probably worth to change the artist name to HABELARD2/Sergio Caleca and move all demos to "Singles/EPs/Promo" category. 

Hi guys,
I think that the second case is a good idea, (to move the demos) but my artist name is only HABELARD2 and this is ok.
I prefer the first option but I respect your decision.

Thank you! Smile

P.S.
The date of C'est la vie is 1991 and not 1994.

Edited by habelard2 - August 03 2016 at 10:14
ProgShine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgShine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2016 at 03:49

Originally posted by ProgShine ProgShine wrote:

^ All resources I see tell it's unofficial/bootleg. Looks like a candidate for deletion.

NotAProghead, I have a question. Riverside just released a new edition of their latest studio album.

However this new edition is completely different with a lot of extra material and a different artwork.

Should I add it as a Compilation/Box set?

Diego, as I see new release has slightly different artworks and includes:
2. The album in HR and surround sound on DVD.
3. Bonus audio tracks (previously released on double CD version of the album).
4. Four bonus videos

Only bonus videos are new material. So I would add details of this release to existing album.
From the other hand, adding it as a separate entry to Compilations would not be a crime as well. In this case future reviewers may concentrate on its features (the quality of HR and surround mixes etc). 
It's up to you to decide.

Thanks! I decided to add it then, exactly because of the 5.1. So when people try to review it they'll not mix the information with the normal release Tongue

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=52569
https://progshinerecords.bandcamp.com

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2016 at 07:03
Originally posted by habelard2 habelard2 wrote:

Hi guys,
I think that the second case is a good idea, (to move the demos) but my artist name is only HABELARD2 and this is ok.
I prefer the first option but I respect your decision.

Thank you! Smile

P.S.
The date of C'est la vie is 1991 and not 1994.

Sergio, I moved all demos (including "20 anni dopo") to Singles/EPs.

Please let us know is it OK or you want them to be deleted.
Personally I think it's better to let them live because otherwise it's a bit illogical if these demos present on your site but deleted from your PA page. It's hard to explain to the genre team the reason of their deletion.

But if you insist to delete them I'll contact Crossover Team.

Edited by NotAProghead - August 04 2016 at 09:36
habelard2 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote habelard2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2016 at 08:55
You're right, it's all ok.

Thank you very much!
Bye :-)
MasterOfPuppets View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterOfPuppets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2016 at 15:03
Times need to be added for this EP.

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=4226

1. Dreaming (1:17)
2. Heart of Stone (3:30)
3. Never Close your Eyes (3:35)
4. In my Dreams (4:52)
5. Cinderella (7:20)

And this album please. Thanks!

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=46365

CD 1:
1. Unveil the Mystery (1:27)
2. As I Am (5:49)
3. Dear Someone (6:52)
4. Sailing on a Wing (5:00)
5. Wolf (5:38)
6. Another Day (19:24)

CD 2:
1. Pride (12:19)
2. Through Different Eyes (22:16)
3. Time Goes By (6:44)
4. Travel to the Night (9:26)
5. The Preacher's Fall (4:58)
6. Between Love and Hate (7:50)

E&O Team: Thanks, both done. 

Edited by NotAProghead - August 09 2016 at 16:28
mbzr48 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2016 at 17:10
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=52622

Album's name is "Studio Live EP"

Edited by NotAProghead - August 12 2016 at 17:30
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 164165166167168 489>