Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ERRORS THREAD Report Errors and Omissions Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171172173174175 491>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Discography Auditor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbzr48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2016 at 08:33
Originally posted by Quinino Quinino wrote:

^ And...?

What kind of stupid reply is that? but it's the second time that you are answering me with an attitude... please stop your stupid answers to my posts!!! 
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2016 at 15:03
^ Mayer, you can't believe, but there's a bit different life outside your cavern.
In that wonderful world you're not aware of people are polite, gentle and f**king nice. Angry

As for mentioned DVD, it's unofficial and probably has to be deleted:

It's not easy to get your idea. Did you mean to delete this Kate documentary? Confused
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
The Bearded Bard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2016 at 13:39
Originally posted by Quinino Quinino wrote:

It's rather controversial - you'll find mention to 1974, 1975 and more frequently 1976, who's right ?
The movie is from 1972, the other recordings come from the period 1972-74, the Italian /  German fans  (which  bothered to build a site) list a label ref and date it to 1974.

In the face of doubt I've done my best guess based on (supposed) quality and not quantity of sources (errors are viral on the web) but if you feel confident enough, I  see no problem you opt for '75.
That Italian/German site doesn't look like more than just another fan site to me. Sure, they've bothered to build a site, but they're not the only Popol Vuh fan site out there (so there are others that have bothered to build a site as well). They are, however, the only site (that I've found) that has the album as a '74 release.

Even the album list in the booklet of newest re-releases of Popol Vuh's albums has Aguirre as a '75 release, and lists it after Das Hohelied Salomos. You would think they would get it right, no?

Yeah, it's a controversial issue, and because of that I think we, as the go-to site for prog on the web, should be sure we're right when we stick our head out like that, saying a well-known album like Popol Vuh's Aguirre was released a different year than what seems to be the consensus. Just my two cents.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2016 at 14:30
^ Discogs lists a lot of "Aquirre" issues: http://https://www.discogs.com/Popol-Vuh-Aguirre/master/12337, the earliest dated 1975.

I think we should bring 1975 back.

Edited by NotAProghead - December 09 2016 at 14:31
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2016 at 14:50
My mistake, for sure, no problem admitting that.
Bear in mind I did it with the best intention and never crossed my mind to make a case out of this.
Surely more careful next time, thanks mates !

EDIT: And done ('75)

Edited by Quinino - December 09 2016 at 14:53
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2016 at 15:04
OK, please next time be careful with that axe, Jose. Smile
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2016 at 04:18
I'm always (too) keen on taking a walk on the wild side Evil Smile
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2016 at 10:20
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=5832

Please add this to the Bio (if you agree, of course)

"It is not needless to mention that each of the ethno-musical elements in the music of Gāyan Uttejak Orchestra – Lāszlō Hortobāgyi – that seems to be original and traditional – are digital reedified and restructured. None of the figuring ethno,vocal,instrumental phrases are in the reality: they consist of small resynthesized samples (20 msec – 9 sec) and digital assorted and rearranged of the original local sound recordings. It’s technological basis are a PCM-morphology using up the old FFT spectrum analysis as an algorhythm controller (like “convolution“) and a virtual overtone processing synthesis software developed by L.Hortobāgyi fifteen years earlier like Melodyne or Kyma-system of nowadays. The new live program’s repertoire also based on the classical Indian instrumental technique of the Gāyaki-Ang and the Tablā-tārang polyrhythmic structure mixed with this earlier developed sound morphology of the granular systhesis technique according to his original “computed memesis of music” concept."

In: László Hortobágyi website

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2016 at 19:25
^ I'm not sure all 20 albums made this way ("None of the figuring ethno,vocal,instrumental phrases are in the reality: they consist of small resynthesized samples (20 msec – 9 sec) and digital assorted and rearranged of the original local sound recordings").

In my opinion if we'd like to make it better we need to dig deeper into the subject. Otherwise leave it as it is. 
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2016 at 03:33
^ You are right, that explanation refers particularly to the works between 1988-2000, so this note should be added.
Incomplete as it may be, IMO that long citation could help to clarify the nature of the "computer music" that makes the bulk of this curious discog - including it explicitly as a citation reduces the cause for misinterpretation, adding a necessary information to the Bio which left untouched is misleading.

Just my 2 cents, nothing to keep us awake at night Pinch
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2016 at 05:30
^ If so I'd prefer to have prepared text, something like:

According to László Hortobágyi's website, in his 1988-2000 works "ethno-musical elements in the music of Gāyan Uttejak Orchestra – Lāszlō Hortobāgyi – that seems to be original and traditional – are digital reedified and restructured. None of the figuring ethno,vocal,instrumental phrases are in the reality: they consist of small resynthesized samples (20 msec – 9 sec) and digital assorted and rearranged of the original local sound recordings ..."

But if we give the entire quotation it will take more space than the whole bio. Confused
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2016 at 07:33
^ What can I say ? E&O team rules !
Do it, please Thumbs Up
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2016 at 09:41
LOL I expected you to do this.

"Multi-instrumentalist, keyboard player, sitar player and theorician of the musical language, László HORTOBÁGYI made a name in sacred space music / ambient / world music territories thanks to the publication of a handful of releases deeply influenced by traditional hindu-Moslem music. 

In 1980 he established the musical society called Gáyan Uttejak Mandal. In 1984 he founded The Oriental Music Archives which explore the transcendent beauty of traditional music coming from the West and the East. His usual recordings deliver a ravishing mix between spherical electronic music for deep listening and the acoustic structure of ancient-world music. According to László HORTOBÁGYI's website, in 1988-2000 works "ethno-musical elements in the music of Gāyan Uttejak Orchestra (GUO) – Lāszlō Hortobāgyi – that seems to be original and traditional – are digital reedified and restructured. None of the figuring ethno,vocal,instrumental phrases are in the reality: they consist of small resynthesized samples (20 msec – 9 sec) and digital assorted and rearranged of the original local sound recordings".

László HORTOBÁGYI is also a member of the Advisory Council of the Research Project of Computer Music at the Institute of Musicology, Hungarian Academy of Science."

Something's missing though. I.e. musical direction after 2000.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2016 at 10:06
What ????
You're expected to sweat a little, too LOL
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2016 at 11:44
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=51842

I think this is more correct as a compilation, who can help ?

http://www.donrobertsonmusic.com/castles.htm
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2016 at 15:21
^ I think you can move it to Compilations.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2016 at 15:49
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

^ I think you can move it to Compilations.

Done, thanks
aglasshouse View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2016 at 22:42
I made an error when adding this and unfortunately I can't go edit it to change it.

In RI I said that Clint Eastwood was an artist, what I meant to say was Gorillaz (their song is 'Clint Eastwood'). If there's any other technical changes that I missed initially go ahead and change that, my fault. 
http://fryingpanmedia.com
aglasshouse View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2016 at 22:48
Also for Umphrey's McGee's debut the omitted track times are as follows:
1. Divisions (11:44)
2. Kimble (6:01)
3. Bob (8:19)
4. Phil's Farm (3:33)
5. FF (7:01)
6. All in Time (8:30)
7. Orfeo (5:08)
8. August (15:37)

All clocks in at 65:13, if my calculations are correct. Wink
http://fryingpanmedia.com
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2016 at 03:43
Originally posted by aglasshouse aglasshouse wrote:

I made an error when adding this and unfortunately I can't go edit it to change it.

In RI I said that Clint Eastwood was an artist, what I meant to say was Gorillaz (their song is 'Clint Eastwood'). If there's any other technical changes that I missed initially go ahead and change that, my fault. 

E&O Team: Done, thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171172173174175 491>